Souness sacked!

Murph

Newcastle dismiss Souness

From bbc

Newcastle have announced that Graeme Souness' contract has been terminated with immediate effect.

The Magpies have won only one point in six Premiership matches and are only six points above the relegation zone.

A statement on the club's website read: "The employment of Graeme Souness has been terminated with immediate effect.

"And an announcement will be made shortly regarding transitional arrangements pending the appointment of a new team manager."

Souness took charge of Newcastle in September 2004 after Bobby Robson was sacked.

Was only a matter of time.

I just hope they don't follow up their interest on Erikisson becuase he is a terrible manager in my opinion.

I think Sven is a quality manager really. If you loo past the recent results w3ith England, he is proven to be a success. World Cup, Euro - He did do a good job, but stumbled at the finish, which is excuseable. If you look at his record of managing clubs, it proves he is a fantastic coach.

He won't go to Newcastle though. He'd want too much money for himself, and to spend on new players, which I highly doubt he would be offered.

This is one thing i dont like about Newcastle once they get into trouble/things dont go wright they sack there manager. I feel that if they could have given Souness more time i think he could have turned things around.

Also Sven wouldnt go to Tee-side. He is already looking at taking over Villa when he leaves england lol

The thing that makes me laugh is who they have put in charge on the temporary basis. I wont give you the whole article, as its not worth it, but the main factor is this:

Newcastle boss Graeme Souness has been sacked, with Glenn Roeder installed as caretaker manager and Alan Shearer given the role of his assistant.

Glenn Roeder? The man who single handedly pushed the Hammers out of the top flight? The man who sent a fine team of players into oblivion? They must be mad, and to put Shearer in as the assistant? We all knew that eventually Shearer would be given a coaching/managerial role at the Toon, but already?

I think Sven is a quality manager really. If you loo past the recent results w3ith England, he is proven to be a success. World Cup, Euro - He did do a good job, but stumbled at the finish, which is excuseable. If you look at his record of managing clubs, it proves he is a fantastic coach.

He won't go to Newcastle though. He'd want too much money for himself, and to spend on new players, which I highly doubt he would be offered.

Sorry but Sven managed to lose to Northern Ireland, nuff said.

To be fair, every great manager lost games they shouldn't have. Fergie lost at Southampton with a fantastic United side.

All the Capello's, Mourinho's etc of the world, have lost games to poor teams.

Fact is NI were excellent on the night.

And its incredibly stupid to call someone a bad manager from one bad performance. You look at a record not 1 thing, or else you could also consider Francis Jeffers a world class striker.

Sorry but Sven managed to lose to Northern Ireland' date=' nuff said.[/quote']

Oi! Jung is right - Northern Ireland were excellent! Portugal have also failed to beat us lately remember!

That said, I don't think Eriksson is that great a manager. It depends who is available. If Mr O'Neill's wife is on the mend and he fancies coming back to management, he'd be great.

Oi! Jung is right - Northern Ireland were excellent! Portugal have also failed to beat us lately remember!

That said, I don't think Eriksson is that great a manager. It depends who is available. If Mr O'Neill's wife is on the mend and he fancies coming back to management, he'd be great.

I doubt he would take any job apart from the Celtic job at the moment, and, the last I heard, his wife is still very ill.

Yep. He made it very clear he's not interested in any job until his wife is better, and at the moment she isnt. I think it was a brave, and commendable decision for him to walk away from a job he clearly loved to be with his wife. shows he has his priorities straight.

Shearer wouldn't be too bad. It'll probably be someone like John Smith. Never heard of him? That's the point. He's a nobody, someone who'll keep them at the same level, hovering above the drop. They're going nowhere, and that ain't about to change in my opinion. Nope.

The Freddy Shephard I know won't appoint a nobody as manager. He's always looking to make high-profile signings, e.g Owen and the bid for Rooney. He's no different when it comes to managers, he's always appointed ones who are well-known within the footballing world (Dalglish, Gullit, Robson, Souness). I think he'll be trying to get Sven but I can't see Eriksson accepting the job. In that eventuality, the best-case scenario would be to get O'Neill.

People are saying that the timings off as they won't be able to sign anyone.

Well Souness had been there just nearly 18 months and spent over £50 million, so it would'nt surprise me if there is no money to spend either way, it could all of been Shepards plan.

The favorites to get the job up in Newcastle seem to be either Keegan or Sherear. Roeder can only take charge for a maximum of 3 months due to him not having the badges so they will need someone before the summer.

I would'nt be surprised to see Erickson take the job full time.

If Keegan goes back, say bye bye to Mickey Owen Newcastle.

But he's not stupid either is he. :)

I don't think the ex-Celtic gaff will come back into that hell hole. Hell hole may seem harsh but the fans will be so much on the back of the next manager it'll be scary. If he gets a few bad results they'll be crying bloody murder outside his door. I think they could go for Keegan again. Couldn't they? Two stubborn ends meet?

O'h and your spot on BRM. If Keegan does become the manager again, Owen will be out the door quicker than you can blink.

Edited by Red05

He's tied into a £2million contract, they don't want to get rid of him, and its been stated before that if somebody wanted Bruce now that they'd have to pay there way in compensation. Its not clever changing managers when were in a situation like this.