Do we know more then the WWE article writers?

yoyo

I was reading a Smackdown! magazine recently(the one with Orton's face on the cover) and I noticed in Orton's article they had at the bottom a smaller article that was called 'Youth Triumphant'. This article was pretty much naming off young wrestlers who achieved WWE gold when they were young. The article had one about Yokozuna and I was a bit confused when I read it. Here it is....

"While also the heaviest WWE champion of all time, Yokozuna was once also the youngest. When he beat Hulk Hogan for the gold at WrestleMania 9, he was only 26 years old."

Now correct me if I'm wrong but wasnt the match Yokozuna vs. Bret Hart at WM 9? And I'm pretty sure Yokozuna was the champ walking into the ring. Yokozuna then beat Hart and after the match challenged Hogan to a title match right then and now. Hogan then defeated Yokozuna to once again be champ. Now wait a minute the article said Yokozuna defeated Hogan which clearly he didnt.

Ive noticed this alot actually in WWE magazines. I cant think of more obvious mistakes but this has happened more than once. Your thoughts?

I've read a number of WWE articles, and while so are usually ok, alot are in correct when it comes to facts. I think this is due to WWE employing people who don't have an extensive background in the wrestling business.

It the same when it comes to presenters, WWE look for people who have the right look, rather than a background in the business. Again, its the same when it comes to the actual writers of the storylines, alot of the writers don't have a background in the business, don't know how the business works and generally don't have a clue, hence some of the crap we see on WWE sceens.

Do we know more than the article writers? It wouldn't surprise me. One of the pre-requisites for an office job in WWE is that you need to have a basic understanding of wrestling, however, you can't have too much knowledge. If you don't believe me, take a look on some of the major American recruitment sites and see what WWE put for their hiring criteria.

They don't want you to know a lot about wrestling, so they can give you their version of history and how the industry works. If their process for hiring writers for the shows is anything like the process for hiring their magazine journalists, I'd imagine that they expect their staff to be in the dark about such issues. But hey, that's what you get when you hire people from outside of wrestling.