Talk Whatever Online is becoming Deadicated Fans! Forum restructure is under construction ×

The Royal Family

Popsi

Should we keep the Royal Family  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Should we keep the Royal Family

• Yes they're important to the UK and part of its heritage
    • No they're pointless and we should move on
    • I don't really care either way.

What are your opinions on the Royal Family? A pointless bunch of oiks that we should get rid of, or a huge assett and part of Britain who we should always have?

Id be especially interested in those not from the UKs perception of the Royal Family, do they make the UK more special or do you not give two hoots about them?

Similar theory Ray but would you not vote as you think you wouldn't make a difference that way either?

Im still undecided actually, i sway back and forth. It would be weird not to see the queens head on money though.

Can a mod add undecided as an option to the poll please?

I'm not really bothered, they don't do anything.

Yes, it adds something to our country, give us history and prestige. Yet they live like Kings because of their sperm, they don't do anything. They just wave, smile and shake peoples hands. Charles and Camilla get married. Whoop de freaken do. I really could care less. They're hardly the most 'Royal' of Families anyway. I mean, God knows what goes on 'behind the scenes' at the Palace.

Fair enough, they give our country something extra, but they've done nothing to get where they are.

Oh and Scottish MP's should disapeer out of england' date=' just as a random addition.[/quote']

Decisions made in Westminister affect the whole of the UK. Why shouldn't Scotland have representives down south if I'm going to be paying the same tax as some English guy? If Scotland ever gets fiscal independence, sure, send them on their way. As it is right now, it makes sense to have them there. Do you actually have a reason why a contingent acting on behalf of a country affected by decisions made in the British parliment should "disapeer", other than the fact that they're not born in England?

Whats the point on making decisions on a country they don't even live in? I'd rather Scotland be independant' date=' then they'd **** off and leave us alone for once.[/quote']

That is the funniest thing i've ever heard lol, or were you being serious?

Whats the point on making decisions on a country they don't even live in? I'd rather Scotland be independant' date=' then they'd **** off and leave us alone for once.[/quote']

1. Decisions make in the BRITISH parliament affect BRITAIN, it just so happens that the building is in England. From Glasgow to Auchtermuchtie, from London to Manchester, decisions about tax/immigration/industry have the same effect. If it was the other way around and decisions regarding what happens in Britain were made in Edinburgh, would you be so passionate in getting the English politicians out of a decision making process which involves the English?

2. A lot of Scots want to be independant. Many feel the need for fiscal independence. This isn't some kind of situation where everyone born north of Berwick is desperate to attatch themselves to England.

3. If you think that the Scottish influence affecting the English life is over the top, I really do have sympathy for you. I mean that in the most sincere way, if you think you have it bad in England, you really haven't a clue what you're on about I'm afraid.

Russ,you actually spealt Auchtermuchty wrong:P

But think of the millions and millions of pounds they bring to the economy with tourism, etc

Yeah i have to agree, for everyone that wants rid of the royal family there is at least two Japanese people who wet there pants from excitment outside Buckingham Palace daily.

I'd get rid as they have no actual power in the end really' date=' I say get rid of them and make scotland an independant republic too. :D[/quote']

Ladies and gentlemen... I have an announcement to make that may shock the world.

Me and Taj agree on something. :eek

They are a bunch of tits who do absolutely nothing they just sit there in their big houses and expensive cars looking down at the rest of us who actually work for a living.

Get rid I reckon I dont get a wage for doing nothing so why should they get so much for having no say anymore in what goes on in our country or on behalf of our country its all decided by parliment now.

xXx