Royal Rumble Flashback: 2003

TPIB

Will a RAW or SmackDown! superstar win the Royal Rumble???  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Will a RAW or SmackDown! superstar win the Royal Rumble???

I just got the DVD from Netflix yesterday and I figured out a pattern in the Rumble winners, it goes: SmackDown!, SmackDown!, RAW, RAW. In other words a SD! superstar won the Rumble in 2003 (Lesnar), an SD! star won in 2004 (Benoit), & a RAW star in 2005 (Batista), even though I predict Orton, it seems as though WWE could also go with this pattern. Anyways, here's a refresher from the 2003 Royal Rumble:

Winner Gets Spot in the Royal Rumble Match:

Brock Lesnar Vs. Big Show (w/ Paul Heyman)

Brock Lesnar def. Big Show by pin following the F-5.

World Tag Team Championship:

Lance Storm & William Regal © Vs. The Dudley Boyz

Dudley Boyz def. Storm & Regal by D-Von pinning Storm following a shot w/ Regal's brass knuckles; Dudleyz win the World Tag Team Titles.

Torrie Wilson Vs. Dawn Marie

Torrie Wilson def. Dawn Marie by pin following a swinging neckbreaker.

World Heavyweight Championship:

Triple H © (w/ Ric Flair) Vs. Scott Steiner

Scott Steiner def. Triple H © by DQ when Triple H hit Steiner w/ a sledgehammer; Triple H retains.

WWE Championship:

Kurt Angle © Vs. Chris Benoit

Kurt Angle © def. Chris Benoit by submission to the Ankle Lock; Angle retains.

2003 Royal Rumble Match:

Order of Entry:

1) Shawn Michaels- eliminated by Jericho

2) Chris Jericho- eliminated by Test (w/ help from HBK); Eliminated: Shawn Michaels, Rey Mysterio, Edge, Christian, Tajiri, & Tommy Dreamer (w/ help from Christian)

3) Chris Nowinski- eliminated by Rey Mysterio4) Rey Mysterio- eliminated by Jericho; Eliminate: Chris Nowinski

5) Edge- eliminated by Jericho; Eliminated: Chavo Guerrero, Bill DeMott, & B-Squared6) Christian- eliminated by Jericho; Eliminated: Tommy Dreamer (w/ help from Jericho)7) Chavo Guerrero- eliminated by Edge

8) Tajiri- Eliminated by Jericho

9) Bill DeMott- eliminated by Edge10) Tommy Dreamer (w/ trash can full of kendo sticks)- eliminated by Jericho & Christian11) B-Squared- eliminated by Edge

12) Rob Van Dam- eliminated by Kane; Eliminated: Jeff Hardy & A-Train (w/ help from Kane)13) Matt Hardy (w/ Shannon Moore)- eliminated by Lesnar

14) Eddie Guerrero- eliminated by Booker15) Jeff Hardy- eliminated by RVD

16) Rosey (w/ Rico)- eliminated by Kane

17) Test- eliminated by Batista; Eliminated Chris Jericho (w/ help from HBK)18) John Cena- eliminated by The Undertaker

19) Charlie Haas- eliminated by Lesnar; Eliminated: Booker T. (w/ help from Benjamin) & Goldust (w/ help from Benjamin)

20) Rikishi- eliminated by Batista21) Jamal (w/ Rico)- eliminated by Undertaker

22) Kane- eliminated by Undertaker; Eliminated: RVD, Rosey, & A-Train (w/ help from RVD)23) Shelton Benjamin- eliminated by Lesnar; Eliminated: Goldust (w/ help from Haas) & Booker T. (w/ help from Haas)24) Booker T.- eliminated by Haas & Benjamin; Eliminated: Eddie Guerrero25) A-Train- eliminated by Kane & RVD26) Maven- eliminated by Undertaker

27) Goldust- eliminated by Haas & Benjamin

28) Batista- eliminated by Undertaker; Eliminated: Test & Rikishi

29) Brock Lesnar- Eliminated: Matt Hardy, Charlie Haas, Shelton Benjamin, & The Undertaker

30) The Undertaker- eliminated by Lesnar; Eliminated: John Cena, Jamal, Kane, Maven, & Batista

Winner of 2003 Royal Rumble: #29- Brock Lesnar

Edited by TPIB

I want it to b Rey Mysterio but its sooooooooooo obvious it's going to be HHH.... very few people want him to because he is so stale and boring and should be kept AWAY from the title picture for now but none the less... he's given Vince another grandson...

i don't mind if he goes to WM22 to face Edge that doesn't bother me.. i just don't want him to win the rumble

it's stupid that if he wins he will have won the rumble two times in a row (the ones he's been in) and that's just stupid.. Mr Overrated doesn't deserve it

• Like 1

Of course they don't make a pattern. They'll just go with the biggest WM main event they can get. It just so happend to be Big Dave and Triple H last year and Benoit was pushed to be the champion the year before. Triple H vs John Cena will main event Mainia this year in my opinion. Make of that what you will........

I'm hoping Triple H wins it, but i wouldn't put money on it

Not just because i'm a huge mark for The Game, but because over the last couple of years, he's been the best heel in the business bar none, in my opinion. And what does a top heel do? He should technically help put the faces over - see Dave Batista

However, if you stick Hunter and Cena in the ring at Wrestlemania, the audience will simply crap all over Cena, unless WWE book him correctly and only have him actually wrestle once a month on RAW and at the PPV's. If not, Cena will keep on being exposed for his weaknesses and The Game has far too much respect from the fans to be booed in this one

I'm still thinking that the final will be HHH and Orton. It has been rumored that these two were the top candidates to win the Rumble for a while now and they have had some history together as Stable members and Oponents. But then again it could be Orton and Taker for obvious reasons. I think there are quite a few posibilities for this years RR. I just think of last years RR and that was very obvious to me that Dave was going to win. 2004 wasn't very predictable either, but this years is a bit of a guessing game. Edited by Kanenite

Yeah I'm certain it will be Rey/Triple H at the end. I actually predict Rey winning aswell. Apart from his size, he has no noticeable reasons for him not to win, especailly if you look at Benoitm who is a lot less marketable, so I think Rey can do it.

He may not be the full package by a long shot, but he is one of the best choices WWE have at the money, especially considering the Cena situation. I really can't see Cena going over againgst Edge. The ratings have gone p under Edge, and Cena is still not fully over, which was obviously the main reason he lost in the first place.

Like I said before, I think the Rumble was going to be won by Triple H, who woudl then go on to face Cena at Wrestlemania. Neither Triple H or Edge will turn, so it has to be a face winner, and there is no-one better than Mysterio I don't think. At worst, he wins the Rumble, and loses to Kurt at Mania, who will obviously win againgst Henry.

Yeah I'm certain it will be Rey/Triple H at the end. I actually predict Rey winning aswell. Apart from his size, he has no noticeable reasons for him not to win, especailly if you look at Benoitm who is a lot less marketable, so I think Rey can do it.

He may not be the full package by a long shot, but he is one of the best choices WWE have at the money, especially considering the Cena situation. I really can't see Cena going over againgst Edge. The ratings have gone p under Edge, and Cena is still not fully over, which was obviously the main reason he lost in the first place.

Like I said before, I think the Rumble was going to be won by Triple H, who woudl then go on to face Cena at Wrestlemania. Neither Triple H or Edge will turn, so it has to be a face winner, and there is no-one better than Mysterio I don't think. At worst, he wins the Rumble, and loses to Kurt at Mania, who will obviously win againgst Henry.

Yeah Jack, but I see HHH winning, sure heel vs heel won't be done at Wrestle Mania, but im sure Cena will be added into the mix somewhere before WM. And as far as Rey, well Rey is a face and Kurt is a face also, so it's really the same. Plus I can't see Rey winning, I hope im wrong though.

well Rey is a face and Kurt is a face also' date=' so it's really the same. Plus I can't see Rey winning, I hope im wrong though.[/quote']

they would turn Kurt heel again probably.... i think Kurt only was turned face because of the face heat he got from working with Cena... but Rey is a face everyone can really get behind because of his tribute to Eddie and him always being the underdog...

and Kurt vs Rey would be good face vs face or heel vs face.. then again.. Orton could get thrown in there

Fixed.

hahahahaha

ohhh you're so funny and witty... i love it when peple try and be funny by changing peoples words to please themselves... and then when no-one finds it funny they feel stupid so do it more to try and be liked....

oh yeh... **** off.. what's your problem.. i think you'll find YOU'RE an internet smark.. seeing as your on an internet site and your in the know about the buisness.. wise up.. THEN try and make a post

Well I didn't thought of Orton getting thrown it, but looking at it now it wouldn't be a bad idea. If Rey wins, well the obvious thing will be to turn Kurt heel yet again, but im praying for that to not happen, cause I really like Kurt better as a face.

hahahahaha

ohhh you're so funny and witty... i love it when peple try and be funny by changing peoples words to please themselves... and then when no-one finds it funny they feel stupid so do it more to try and be liked....

oh yeh... **** off.. what's your problem.. i think you'll find YOU'RE an internet smark.. seeing as your on an internet site and your in the know about the buisness.. wise up.. THEN try and make a post

Erm, what i changed it to is the truth actually.

Erm' date=' what i changed it to is the truth actually.[/quote']

ohhhhhhhh so now you're the be all and end all... you know what EVERYONE on this forum wants and on the whole internet????

geese you're a moron... saying that you were the guy who complained about having long wrestling matches on smackdown so i shouldn't really be suprised

ohhhhhhhh so now you're the be all and end all... you know what EVERYONE on this forum wants and on the whole internet????

Im judging by the crowd reaction he gets when he's face, internet smarks only make up a small percentage of WWE fans. He got the second biggest pop at Homecoming behind Austin, and even when he's a heel he still gets a bigger pops than 75% of the roster.

geese you're a moron... saying that you were the guy who complained about having long wrestling matches on smackdown so i shouldn't really be suprised

This just proves that you have to clue what your talking about so have to bring up something totally irelevant to save face, and also have to resort to flaming to boot. Proof that im right and your wrong.

Edited by HulkFearsAustin

And as far as Rey' date=' well Rey is a face and Kurt is a face also, so it's really the same. Plus I can't see Rey winning, I hope im wrong though.[/quote']

Face vs Face is completely different from Heel vs Heel. If you have two heels (going by the logic that heels should be hated) then the crowd hasn't got anyone to get behind, they like neither man so the match really holds no interest for them. Hulk Hogan vs Ultimate Warrior and Stone Cold vs The Rock (they were both faces going in, right?) are good main event examples. Bret Hart vs Roddy Piper is another classic WM face vs face match that was well received.

I know' date=' but I really doubt that if Rey wins they'll keep Kurt as a face, that's the sad part. :([/quote']

You're probably right. But, if it's booked correctly it would work a treat. Turning Angle heel again is the easy way out for the bookers, which is a shame, because most fave vs face battles are quite compelling.

If Rey did end up winning the Rumble, and they had Rey vs Angle at Mania, surely the only option would be Rey going over. This makes it less likely Rey will win the Rumble in my opinion.

I do think it will be Rey vs Angle at Mania, but it won't be because Rey wins the Rumble. Kurt will be a heel again and will defeat Mysterio. They may have a rematch, but the ultimate goal for the feud would be to set up Big Dave's return for (IMO) an awesome program with Angle.