This Years Rumble

Mr Kennedy

FAO mods, not sure if there is an official rumble thread, I didnt see one, if there is, feel free to move this post to it.

Right, The great thing about this years Rumble is that no one is being pushed in a way to make people think there getting a title shot at Mania. Last year most people knew it was either going to be Batista or Cena. Year before, Beniot had been pushed as the top baby face, told he'd never get a title shot etc. We all had a feeling he would win. It goes on with Rumbles before hand.

This year, WWE seems to be going for the shock factor, two title changes in a matter on days. Granted one was forced, the other a shock. Kurt turning up on Smackdown. Live Sex. etc. WWE seems to have decided to try and shock people lately, to get that uncertainty back in wrestling. This new shock factor is probabley to try and catch 'internet' fans out, as I think we all know Vince and co. aren't fans. Right, i'm going to have a quick look at the wrestlers that I think will be the last 6. Feel free to do your own. The more the merrier.

(These are my predictions and are not spoilers)

6th Big Show I think that Show will be the 25th person to be thrown over the top rope, and both his feet will touch the floor;). He'll come in and dominate for 2 minutes like he always does. King will shout he's my favourite to win this thing, whos gonna throw him out, then suddenly, Kane turns and Eliminates him.

5th Bobby Lashley I put him here because as much of a fan I am of Smackdown and enjoy their product, they lack a good face without a title. A good showing from Lashley could set him up for a US title match at Mania.

4th Kane Kane has been pushed as an unstoppable monster recently, yet he still going downhill and getting more boring every Monday night. Bring back Kane from the 2001 Rumble, the guy that was in there an hour and actully looked like a threat. Kane will look like a real competitor to win, then just won't.

3rd Randy Orton Randy needs a good showing this weekend, I can see him coming in early and lasting the longest, maybe even eliminating the most people. Winning it is a step to far, to early just yet. But he'll win a number 1 contenders match at No Way Out and head on to Mania to face Kurt.

2nd Triple H The obvious choice to win it, he's most peoples educated guess to main event at Wrestlemania, however, he has been involved in the past 3 Mania title matches, Booker T, Chris Beniot & Shawn Michaels and Batista last year. So don't be suprised to see him in the upper midcard come April, maybe fighting Vince's corner.

1st Rob Van Dam I don't think alot of people would agree with me here, but look back to the WWE's new shock factor that I was talking about earlier. The Raw title scene has a fresh feeling about it. Masters saying hes going to be the youngest ever champion and putting himself in the scene, Carlito's looking better and better, Edge is Brilliant in his role. It's good to see. RVD is over, and always has been, a year out and people can't wait to see him back, me included. He stayed out a year to make sure he was in brilliant shape when he returned, I expect to see that he's bulked up as well, he's capable of having a 5 star match. Ultimatley, he will draw as top babyface. Therefore RVD to win is my prediction. Edge vs RVD at Mania.

I have went on alot here, like I seem to do in my posts on here. I know I have missed out Rey Mysterio, Cena, Beniot etc. but it was hard to fit them in. Cena I think will be taken down a level for a while after the Rumble, Mysterio will fae Orton at No Way Out fo the No. 1 contendership. and Beniot, well. I'm not sure.

Sorry if you got bored ;)

• Like 1

It's got to be HHH really, with maybe Rey, Orton and possibly someone like Masters. Yet hopefully RVD will be in the final four.

The undercard is an absolute disgrace however.

The Boogeyman vs JBL - Are they taking the piss?

Ashley vs Mickey James - What?

Kurt Angle vs Mark Henry - I feel bad for Kurt, potential injury for him here working with this useless gimp.

Edge vs John Cena - It wont be great, but it will if Edge pins him!

Should have popped this in my last post. But what happened to Defending titles on PPV. The Intercontintal title gets no exposure, US title is getting better. Cruiserweights? What cruiserweights? and Smackdown's Tag scene is just a mass of potential lead by the most charismatic team since Edge and Christian, however they are under lock and key on Velcocity.

I think JBL/Boogeyman could be entertaining if booked right. Ther Boogeyman is the best character in the US right now, and JBL is a good upper midcard guy. So I think it'll be fine. Cena/Edge'll be a good match, Cena PPV matches usually are. Ok, Ashley can't carry Mickie, so that'll suck. On the plus, it'll be the first time that she's the best looking person in the ring. Angle/Henry'll be good, hopefully.

It'll be fine, me thinks.

JBL/Boogeyman does nothing for me. I'll be a little sickened if JBL doesn't win. I don't like to see a competent main eventer being wasted.

Cena/Edge won't be anything special and I reckon Cena will regain his title setting up a match with HHH at Mania.

Ashley/Mickie will suck.

Angle/Henry should be passable as Angle will put on a decent enough match with anyone really. I expect Angle to win clean.

The Rumble itself looks fairly straight-forward but there's room for surprise. I'll go with Orton with HHH as second bet.

I said in my original post that Triple H has been in title matches at the past 3 Mania's. WWE is trying shock tactics this year, to try and catch people off guard. RVD can be a massive top baby face draw, After Vince relised he could talk on the mic at ONS, he has to relise that RVD does infact have everything. mic skills, slogans, massive amount of fans, and the wrestling ability to have a 5 star match. the the heel heat that Edge is getting as champion, and the reaction, I can assure you RVD will get on sunday. It just makes sense. A fresh Mania Main Event. I can feel it in my bones.

Don't worry. I won't be eating any words. Do you really think WWE would have enough confidence in those two to headline Mania? You're living in a dream world.

Maybe I am, but why wouldn't they have the confidence in Edge and RVD, Mania sells regardless of the card, simply because it's Wrestlemania. If the Ratings stay high wth Edge as the champ, I can't see why they wouldn't let him Headline Mania, he's a fresh, young cocky heel that is over. Depending the reaction that RVD gets this Sunday, I can only guess, but imo it'll be one of if not the pop of the night. With momentum, they could have a strong Title match at Mania, as long as the undercard is very strong, Mania will still be seen as a success.

Away from 'my dream world' there is a fued with Carlito for RVD which has been waiting to take off.

RVD winning the royal rumble would be great so would rey winning but i think niether will happen probably orton or someone will win it. the only reason i'm paying £14.95 for the rumble is i have done it since 1992 and ever missed one and the same for mania, it could be argued that this will be the worst card before the rumble match since 2003(until angle and benoit) there isn't any standout matches. is taker in the rumble and where has he been?

I think that Orton will win it (they haven't done Angle/Orton before and Randy is the company's 'chosen one') but I'd love to see Rey take it. If Mysterio wins the Rumble and the storyline is played out correctly, he could become the most popular champion of the last few years.

I'd also love to see Coach win it and headline WrestleMania. Everyone else would hate it but I don't care. :P