Why is TNA name dropping Chris Jericho?

StunningS2

In the latest Wrestling Observer newsletter, Meltzer mentioned that Jericho would sign for TNA if he was offered "Sting money". It's probably TNA's way of looking as if they're interested in him, even if I doubt they could afford to pay him that much for so many brief appearances.

It could back fire for TNA though, as continuing to mention Jericho to the extent it looks like they are trying to get him on board could get Vinnie and the WWE's back up and convince them to try their upmost to get Jericho back in the WWE. Either way, Jericho is laughing and with the way he teases on his website I'm sure hes lapping it all up.

Chris Jericho would be a good acquisition for TNA and his style would certainly suit a six sided ring, I would like to seem him make an appearance as would also have a positive impact on the ratings (excuse the pun) don't think it's going to happen though as with Sting, Jarrett, and AJ to name but a few on high money contracts, can they afford to add another and still showcase other talent at the same time. The only possible option available would be to get the backing of Spike TV as they did with Sting.

This is why TNA are terrible business people. Jericho has SO MUCH MORE to offer than Sting. People have actually heard of Jericho, for one. And he hasn't had a long hiatus. His last programme was half a year ago in the biggest company fighting for their top title. He also has a rock band and is a great worker who has way more upside. Jericho/AJ, Jericho/Jarrett, Jericho/Joe, Jericho/Cage, Jericho/Brown, Jericho/Daniels, even Jericho/Lance Storm. So many possibilities.

At the same price as Sting, it would have been a FAR better acquisition.

Why does Jericho having a band make him a better aquisition?

As for TNA aquiring him, I would love it. There is the possibility that TNA could be backed by Spike, as with Sting. I for one, would be incredibly happy. He's an amazing performer. I wonder if WWE would sue if they put him in a story line against Christian. ;)

You're completely right about Jericho being a better signing than Sting but I'm not even sure Jericho wants to go to TNA, he said in more than one interview that he told Vince that if he comes back to wrestling, it will be with the WWE.

Why does Jericho having a band make him a better aquisition?

Mainstream recognition? It's an obvious link to TNA, if Fozzy ever got popular. Even now, when they arn't huge, rock fans who possibly like the music, will find out about WWE, and obviously the same would happen for TNA.

If someone saw a music video, or hears a track, TNA would gain another viewer.

Jericho should have been the man for TNA, before he can offer alot more to the product in the long term, as much as I like Sting, he's not a guy you can build a company around, like Jericho.

Jericho going to TNA would be huge and excellent, and I'd like to think this would happen, Spike TV seem commited to TNA, and I'd like to see them contribute to a contract for Jericho, but something tells me TNA dont have the funding on thier part.

WWE would offer Jericho alot of things, such as worldwide fame, a good contract, publicty for his band etc, but with that it also has negatives such as the travel, the time away from home, Jericho trying to maintain a main event spot etc.

TNA could offer Jericho less dates to work, better money for the days he works, far less travel, possibly a better "spot". Negatives will include less worldwide publicity, alot of possible backstage politics, etc

I'd like to see Jericho in the WWE, and TNA has actually shown interest in other big names like Mike Foley, so maybe they could get the funds for Jericho.

I would like to see this actually being left for around the time of Wrestlemania but instead of going to Mania he goes to TNA. At the minute a like TNA better than the WWE, not to say I want either company to out do each other but I do want TNA to become proper competition then that way the WWE will put better shows on and we would actually get better shows.

Chris Jericho would be a good acquisition for TNA and his style would certainly suit a six sided ring' date=' I would like to seem him make an appearance as would also have a positive impact on the ratings (excuse the pun) don't think it's going to happen though as with Sting, Jarrett, and AJ to name but a few on high money contracts.[/quote']

I know it would never happen because of Jeffs dad and cotract obligations,

but it really would make more sense to get rid of Jarrett and sting(or at least give them a pay cut) if that's what it took to be able to sign Jericho.

I'm not really the biggest fan of Jericho's work after leaving WCW for the WWF but even I can't deny that if he was pushed and handled right he could be TNA's answer to someone with the drawing power of say a Trips. Just without the backstage crap(which can only be a good thing).

Just my opinion. :xyx

(obviously the numbers wouldn't be the same because TNA is a considerably smaller company then WWF, but you get my drift?).

TNA is deep in talks with two wrestlers that are considered "bigger stars than Sting". Neither are at a serious stage but "one who you wouldn't think would be interested at all is showing alot of interest in working more than a few dates" and neither of the individuals is Bret.

The reason TNA had their unopposed Monday night show canceled the week that the dog show is preempting RAW, is because TNA was told by Spike to sign another marquee talent (ala Sting) and failed to do so.

Jeff Jarrett contacted The Rock recently asking about product advice.

TNA and the UFC are sharing much the same audience on Spike. This was not the case when UFC and WWE were both on the network. Dave suggests that TNA is more appealing to a “sports” fan than the WWE is then based on those stats.

Chris Jericho cited interest in TNA if he could get “Sting money”.

Jarrett visited Bret Hart recently and believes he can convince Bret to do some TNA shots.

TNA will be doing another PPV of all cage matches this year.

Credit to Wrestling Observer Newsletter

I've taken these notes from a TNA fan site, so granted, they may have been re worded alittle from the original source, so if anyone can confirm that WO did print these news items that would be great.

If TNA can secure some more "marquee talent" it would be great, I'm guessig the names on TNA's radar would be Jericho and Lesnar, he maybe possibly available after this Friday's court hearing, that would put TNA on the map.

I know it would never happen because of Jeffs dad and cotract obligations,

but it really would make more sense to get rid of Jarrett and sting(or at least give them a pay cut) if that's what it took to be able to sign Jericho.

I'm not really the biggest fan of Jericho's work after leaving WCW for the WWF but even I can't deny that if he was pushed and handled right he could be TNA's answer to someone with the drawing power of say a Trips. Just without the backstage crap(which can only be a good thing).

Just my opinion. :xyx

(obviously the numbers wouldn't be the same because TNA is a considerably smaller company then WWF, but you get my drift?).

Jeff Jarrett holds about 20 - 30 % of TNA interests I believe, with PANDA Energy (The Carter Family) owning the remaining stock. Jerry Jarrett, as far as I'm aware, has no involvement in TNA at all now. I don't think he's had any creative involvement since about 2003, and was only working Gorilla spot in 2005 before he left the company.

Sting's contract is being funded mainly by Spike TV, so I highly doubt he'll get any sort of pay cut, and its even more unliley Jarrett will step down from TNA, unless someone offers to buy his stake in TNA, and maybe if Vince McMahon offers him a job, which is unlikely.

Edited by Dan

Jett Jarrett holds about 20 - 30 % of TNA interests I believe, with PANDA Energy (The Carter Family) owning the remaining stock. Jerry Jarrett, as far as I'm aware, has no involvement in TNA at all now. I don't think he's had any creative involvement since about 2003, and was only working Gorilla spot in 2005 before he left the company.

Sting's contract is being funded mainly by Spike TV, so I highly doubt he'll get any sort of pay cut, and its even more unliley Jarrett will step down from TNA, unless someone offers to buy his stake in TNA, and maybe if Vince McMahon offers him a job, which is unlikely.

Which is why I said;

"I know it would never happen.":P

As much as I'd loved for Jericho to appear in TNA' date=' it won't happen anytime soon as Jericho is under a WWE contract for quite a while I think. But if somehow he appeared on TNA I would mark out like a little girl.[/quote']

Is Jericho under a contract? I'm not sure?

I was under the impression his contract finished before Summerslam 2005, where he agreed to work another few weeks to finish his exsisting angle with Cena, then he left the WWE for a career break, albeit on good terms.