Did anyone actually enjoy the later years of WCW?

batistaboy

As in late years i mean late 99-to the end. Personally I didn't I thought it was a total suck feats and becuase the WWE was so popular WCW was always second best if not third (ECW was really taking off in this period)

But did anyone actually enjoy this period and di anyone think the WCW was better than the WWE.

Your thoughts?

I have to admit it was kind of a guilty pleasure for me, but that was primarily due to it being on television and being at a convenient time for me to watch it away from WWE at time. Sure it was cringe worthy and very poor stuff on the whole but it was entertaining watching to see how poorer and poorer it got. Edited by Clarkey

yeah I did, there were several improvements WCW was making towards the end.

Scott Steiner was in he's short lived prime

Booker T was in his prime

The Cruiserweights were getting more air-time

Ric Flair stopped wrestling

Sean O'Haire looked like a real talent

Sid's leg

Mark Madden's commentry

Cruiserweight tag titles.

Billy Kidman was a talent and pushed.

DDP was betrayed by a close ally/friend/wife on a monthly basis.

I also really enjoyed the nWo B squad saga and just liked the whole WCWness of the era. To me, the fact that it was different from WWE was part of the intrigue. There was always a diamond in the rough at some point.

2000 had some good moments, they were usually just overcrowded by the awful ones.

I.e Lance Storm's title reigns overshadowed by say David Arquette as Champion, and Kevin Nash publically campaigning for a guy who was never going to come back, and nonsensical angles, and storylines which were never furthered, like Randy Savage saying he had a protege, and then never coming back.

^^^^^^^ I wouldn't go that far, I think that due to so many guys having "creative control" in there contracts and shite booking from vince ruso made the biggest contribution but when wcw realised in late 2000 that they ahve to make there own stars (e.g giving booker and steiner a push) it was to late.

I also think because wwe was so damn popular wcw really didnt have a chance.

Out of interest, how is the "later" in "later years of WCW" pronounced? Is it "late-re" or "latter"?

To answer the question, yes, but I was a young, feebish (did I just make that word up?) child with nothing better to do than watch cartoons, go outiside and watch wrestling.

Good times...

The Cruiserweights were getting more air-time

Sid's leg

Mark Madden's commentry

Cruiserweight tag titles.

Billy Kidman was a talent and pushed.

cruiserweights kicked @ss during that time.with the cruiserweight tag titles were a major addition to that divison which i think made it better.

sid breaking his leg was just sick.i couldn't believe they actually showed the footage on nitro the day after the ppv.

mark madden just sucked.

billy kidman was a great talent then and was for a while in wwe,but wwe just wasted him.

really liked the nwo fued with each other.

i ahve always liked WCW but the last years were ruined by russo and it never got back after

i have re written wcw history though i ve only done 3 shows but its okay its just a breif thing but i have had people tell me its good

its herehttp://hollamby.proboards84.com/index.cgi

i think wcw had the worst problem which was not pushing new talent everyone had held the belt before and so their reigns were here we go again

i have tried to resolve this in my shows but it is hard with all ex wwf stars on the roster to do so

WCW 2000 was the best year ever, that was fun unpredictable stuff to watch. Its what really got me hooked on wrestling. WWF during 2000 was finishing off riding the wave of success Russo left it with, and then look at the awful product they give you.

WCW 2000 > Any other wrestling period.

WCW 2000 is/was more entertaining than the crap WWE & TNA give us every week now.

And I don't undertand why everyone is singling-out Russo as the primary negative force, when in truth, the booking before the powers-that-be era was AWFUL. Then Russo & Ed came in and booked 3 months of entertaining TV, until Russo was forced-out by the old-school posse...

And Sullivan's re-appointment led to the exit of the Radicalz, and it also led to the 3 worst months of wrestling TV ever (Al Greene wrestling as "The Dog."?!?!?!)...

WCW 2000 is/was more entertaining than the crap WWE & TNA give us every week now.

And I don't undertand why everyone is singling-out Russo as the primary negative force, when in truth, the booking before the powers-that-be era was AWFUL. Then Russo & Ed came in and booked 3 months of entertaining TV, until Russo was forced-out by the old-school posse...

And Sullivan's re-appointment led to the exit of the Radicalz, and it also led to the 3 worst months of wrestling TV ever (Al Greene wrestling as "The Dog."?!?!?!)...

Nail hit on head by you. Russo and Ferrera deserve a lot more credit than they get. Late 99 -early 2000 was when I really got into wrestling. But then the 3 months after that were apalling including the worst PPV ever Uncensored 2000.

(Actually The Dog, was quite funny, drinking out of a toilet? Hilarity)