Talk Wrestling Online Community Newsletter #134 - Making it up?

Christof

==================================

Talk Wrestling Online Community Newsletter

Issue 134 – 23rd January 2006

==================================

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/4030/13gp.jpg

The Editorial

Welcome fans to another blockbuster edition of the Talk Wrestling Online Community Newsletter! Sorry for that, it’s fair to say I’ve been overdosing on Summerslam’s 88-92 this past weekend! They’re certainly passing the time as I await my Wrestlemania boxset (still)!

Back down to earth and I hear its meant to be a cold one this week to remember folks, wrap up warm when reading your Newsletter and sit back and relax as we bring a whole feast of erm, stuff.

Christof

Newsletter Editor

--------------------------------------------------------------

Talk Wrestling Online Subscribers

A big thanks to all the Talk Wrestling Online Subscribers:

50 Subbers now contributing to TWO!!!!

A.C., ahsatan, Alan, Anime_Otaku, aziraphale, BeltMark, Brett Banner, Buff, Chris2k, Christof, Dante, Darkies Gem, Darkstar, Devilish Angel, Drake, DraVen

Draven Cage, Edgehead, Evil Gringo, F_View, HSM, Inno, Jonny, Jono, K.J, MillionLiraMan, Miss.T, Moobs, MrFill, Popsi, Prototype, Ravenmark, Ray, Saracen, Spiritchaser, sunflower, Tajiri, Taki, Telf, TGO, The Crippler, The Maxx, Twiggie, Verb, weberika and wyndorf!

To find out how you can help support Talk Wrestling Online and become a subscriber see:

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18665

Plugs for this week

- Divas Uncovered Book Review

- Cage Rage 13: No Fear DVD Review

- WWE Unforgiven 2005 DVD Review

Talk Wrestling Online Member of the Week

Village Idiot Award

WHO IS TWO MEMBER OF THE WEEK?

Jack – Another good week by the Bibster, topped off by becoming the 50th subber

WHO IS TWO VILLAGE IDIOT THIS WEEK?

Those pesky meddling kids who took away our chat!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Forum Threads of the Week

WRESTLING THREAD OF THE WEEK

Evil Gringo picks:

His Own! - NOAH Catch Up

Because:

Hottest up to date actio coming from Japan, with vid's and gif's provided as well as standard pics and open to questions and requests...

Plus Akiyama finally won the title again and KENTA kicked ass!

NON WRESTLING THREADS OF THE WEEK

Russ, TWO’s original funny man picks:

Popsi’s –How is everyone at the moment?

Because:

It gave the people in bad moods a chance to see that other people have it worse, and gave people who were quite self content that other people have it better.

The week that was....

.... The week that is

The week that was...

MONDAY

"Y...Y....Y...Y....Y...You have the right to remain s...s...s...s...s...s...s..."

Wow, Matt Morgan tries to make it as part of a YMCA tribute act, never saw that one coming

It's surprising he didn't get arrested during his WWE days for impersonating a WRESTLER.

Why would the arrest of Matt Morgan provide such humour for Russ, Christof and The Stately?

TUESDAY

I love tea, it’s what the British empire was built on. I have to have a cuppa every morning when I wake up, and then I have another 3 or 4 during the day, sometimes a lot more. You can’t beat a good cup of tea.

Alan becomes the odds on favourite as Mrs Doyle for the Hollywood remake of Father Ted

Neither, i can't drink either because they are too hiot and they give my mouth boo boo's...

Isn’t Ray cute? No? Oh well, moving swiftly on

WEDNESDAY

It's good to see TNA doing a show away from Universal Orlando.!

$10 and a pretty impressive card, come to Atlanta

How big is the building?

Good2Go is happy, The B-Man wants the show moved already and Gene’s excitement is confined to how much dulux he should order!

THURSDAY

I'm a motorist and I have complete distain for the other two groups.

The most dangerous drivers are the ones who go too SLOW!

way too many drivers who think there better than pedestrians

Chris2K and Wyndorf display driver superiority whilst Nicole fails to grasp that fastest means best

FRIDAY

Does anyone else dislike Preston?? he’s a little weasel

I couldn't sit there for an hour watching Pete Burns and his trout lips

That blonde bird to win

Reality TV still captivates Hardcore Holly, Devilish Angel and Popsi

SATURDAY

I Could Eat A Knob At Night

Draven has a strange fetish with this saying at the moment. No harm in mentioning it again I guess

I'd eat them if I'd already eaten

Kangaroo Testicles or anything

I thought this might be another Kate thread.

Nicole, Kaneite and Slimjim make the comedy saves for him :xyx

to be fair I love you all.. be happ yeah

Is Miss T the new Brother Love?

SUNDAY

The reason Hogan should have a match is because the vast vast vast majority want to see him work. Yes, the net marks love to bash him and blah blah blah, but you are in the tiny minority, its time to wake up to that realization that for every 1 of you who hates and bashes and doesnt want to see Hulk Hogan, there are probably 1000 to love, praises and does want to see Hulk Hogan.

Just in case you missed it – Beltmark is a Hogan fan it turns out

The Week that is....

TUESDAY 24th

1963 - Lou Thesz defeated Buddy Rogers for the NWA Heavyweight Wrestling title

1999 - The Rock defeated Mankind for the WWF Heavyweight title

2000 - Sid Vicious defeated Kevin Nash for the vacant WCW Heavyweight title

WEDNESDAY 25th

1999 - Owen Hart & Jeff Jarrett defeated the Bossman & Ken Shamrock for the WWF Tag Team title

2000 - Sid Vicious defeated Kevin Nash for the vacant WCW Heavyweight titl

THURSDAY 26th

1987 - The Hart Foundation defeated the British Bulldogs for the WWF Tag Team title

1999 - Mankind defeated the Rock for the WWF Heavyweight title

2001 - "Surfer" Cody Hawk & "Taxi Driver" Mad Anthony McMurphy defeated The A Squad for the HWA Tag Team Title

FRIDAY 27th

1981 - Roddy Piper defeated Ric Flair for the NWA U.S. Heavyweight title

1987 - Marty Jannetty & Shawn Michaels defeated Buddy Rose & Doug Somers for the AWA Tag Team title

1998 - The Japanese promotion, WAR, announced it was shutting down due to poor ticket sales

1999 - Nick Dinsmore & Rob Conway defeated The Damaja & David C. for the Ohio Valley Southern Heavyweight Tag Title

SATURDAY 28th

1995 - Jerry Lawler defeated Tony Anthony for the Smokey Mountain Heavyweight title

SUNDAY 29th

1996 - Konnan defeated the One Man Gang for the WCW U.S. Heavyweight title

1998 - Steve Corino defeated Joey Matthews for the SCW Light Heavyweight title

MONDAY 30th

1920 - Joe Stecher defeated Earl Caddock for the World's Heavyweight Wrestling title

1965 - Larry Hennig & Harley Race defeated Crusher & Dick the Bruiser for the AWA Tag Team title

Member Spotlight

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/images/members/thepowerisback.jpg

FORUM USERNAME: ThePowerIsBack

WHAT DOES IT MEAN? It's the motto of WWE

FIRST THING YOU POSTED ON THE FORUM: My Introduction, I think.

FIRST WRESTLER YOU CHEERED FOR: Diesel

FIRST WRESTLER YOU BOOOOOOOOOED: I.R.S.

CURRENT FAVOURITE WRESTLER, AND WHY? Either Kurt Angle or Triple H- Angle, because he is one of the few pure athletes in wrestling today & Triple H, because of his ability to make almost anyone look good.

CURRENT MOST HATED WRESTLER, AND WHY? John Cena, he's gotten too stale and he lacks in-ring skills.

FAVOURITE WWE BRAND: RAW

FAVOURITE INDY FED (IF ANY): N/A

NEXT BIG STAR: Randy Orton or Chris Masters

WHAT HAND DO YOU WRITE WITH: Right

BEETHOVEN OR EMINEM: Eminem

FAVOURITE MATCH: Bret Hart Vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin for WWE Title at WrestleMania

FAVOURITE THEME MUSIC EVER: Shane McMahon's

IF YOU COULD CHOOSE ANYONE TO BE WORLD CHAMPION, WHO WOULD IT BE: Triple H

MONTREAL: WHO WAS RIGHT, BRET OR VINCE: Bret

WHAT WAS THE FIRST WRESTLING SHOW YOU REMEMBER: RAW, sometime in '94

BATMAN OR SPIDER-MAN? Spider-Man

FAVOURITE FINISHER: The Canadian Destroyer

FAVOURITE CHANT: You F***** Up!!!

BEST WRESTLER NEVER TO BE WORLD CHAMPION: Rob Van Dam, Charlie Haas, or Shelton Benjamin

FAVOURITE DIVA / WOMEN'S WRESTLER: Ashley

WHAT'S YOUR DESKTOP WALLPAPER: 2006 Royal Rumble Wallpaper (customized to include matches)

WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE GADGET: DVD Player

OUTSIDE OF TWO, WHAT DO YOU ACTUALLY DO? Watch Movies & Wrestling and go to school

AND ANY LAST BITS OF INFORMATION YOU ARE WILLING TO SHARE WITH THE MEMBERS OF TWO? Just this- "...It's Just Mind Over Matter, Because, I Don't Mind, Because You Don't Matter..."

Shopping online in the UK? Check out Shopping Navigator!

With over 100 online UK stores listed and forums with special offers and discount voucher codes, don’t shop without visiting here first!

:biggringi

Wrestling 101 Info Centre

Latest Wrestling 101 Articles:

- Divas Uncovered Book Review

- Cage Rage 13: No Fear DVD Review

- WWE Unforgiven 2005 DVD Review

Colour Commentary

Animetard Okatu & Moobs

'Colour Commentary'

Anime_Otaku: This week on Colour Commentry Moobs and Myself would like to welcome BRM.

BRM:Hello.

Anime_Otaku: Hi, what is your question?

BRM: Ok, my question for this week is: Iran should we be worried?

Moobs: Depends what you were running from.

Anime_Otaku: I think that we have some concerns, I definatly don't think Iran should be allowed to produce Nuclear weapons. But then I feel no nation should

BRM: People feel the need to slam Bush, but the Iranaian leader is a nutpot of a far greater scale.

Anime_Otaku: If they do get nukes then I'd advise not visiting Israel any time soon considering their President's comments

BRM: I often wonder if there will be a nuclear strike during my lifetime. after the Cold war ended you would of thought that any Nuclear worry would dissapear but here we are less than 2 years later and it's at the forefront of peoples minds again

Moobs: Did nobody get my joke? Or was it not funny..

Anime_Otaku: it's not funny

BRM: Not funny.

Moobs: Oh right.

Anime_Otaku: In the context it's not funny as the threat Iran could pose to us is really scary if they are able to get nuclear weapons.

BRM: To us no, but the middle east yes

Anime_Otaku: Though really one thing America in particular need to realise is that states like Iran don't like us for a reason, and it's not because we are democratic despite what Bush says.

BRM: I'm not exactly up to date with who likes who, but does iran have any allies?

Anime_Otaku:

I think some were mentioned but I am at a loss right now.

Anime_Otaku says:

I think they are Shia Muslims for the most part so they are looking for Iraq to be an ally in the future but I doubt that will happen

BRM: They hardly had the best relationship whilst Saddam was in charge

Anime_Otaku: yeah but His lot were Sunni's

BRM: Thats where i get lost

Anime_Otaku: I don't claim to get it other than Sunni's and Shia don't get on [/understatement].

BRM: The Tories and Labour don't see eye to eye but they don't blow each other up.

Anime_Otaku: Thats true enough.

Anime_Otaku: Actually you forgot what the new Tory leader said when he was elected.

BRM: He wants to start a civil war?

Anime_Otaku: No about consensus. Civil war always struck me as a weird saying

BRM: Nothing civil about it

Anime_Otaku: Yeah

Anime_Otaku: But really this is just part of a wider problem with the middle east really and I think it really stems from 2 things, Isreal and some other redrawing of maps post WW2

BRM: I won't pretend i know everything about it, but is it something about America kind of giving the Gaza strip to Israel after WW2, when it was not theres to give?

Anime_Otaku: They also created Iraq, it was originally 3 countries, the Kurds had the north and I believe part of Turkey, Shia in the middle and sunnis in the southern part

BRM: Amazing really, that over 5 years since the end of the 2nd world war, were still not a peace and that it is due to the war really.

Anime_Otaku: Yeah, I think some of that was down to the map being redrawn when it shouldn't have making new countries where there was 2 or 3 like with Bosnia, Croatia and Serbia

BRM: Yes the war in Serbia is a perfect example of it occuring very close to home

Anime_Otaku: As far as I know apart from Iraq and Argentina I don't think there has been wars between nations, it all seems to have been internal things.

BRM:Iran and Iraq?

Anime_Otaku:Oh yeah oops and the 40 day war

BRM: How long did that last for?

Anime_Otaku: LOL

Anime_Otaku: That was Israel but can't remember who else. also forgot in the 50's and 60's here was the likes of Korea and Nam, technically they were internal but Russia/China and America stuck their noses in.

BRM: Were probably being watched my a greater race and they're having great fun watching us blow each other up

Anime_Otaku: They probably take bets on who's gonna fire first in the war that wipes the lot of us out. I'll give you 2/1 on America, 3/1 China.

BRM: My moneys going on India

Anime_Otaku:India and Pakistan scare me almost as much as Iran and America do.

BRM: What exactly are they squabbling over?

Anime_Otaku: A bit of dirt like all wars really, it makes me want to punch people... where's Simon?

BRM: Across the river.

Anime_Otaku: hehe

BRM: There has been calls to ban Iran from the world cup this year, it happened with Yugoslavia back in 92, i think it should happen this year.

Anime_Otaku:I think that there it's a good idea, I'd ban America too if they have qualified because of their record in the past few years though that might get me accused of extremeism.

BRM:i don't think that would happen.

Anime_Otaku: I don't think it will, but it probably SHOULD happen. Especially if the flights thery are sending out to countries in the east of europe really are sending prisoners to camps where they are being tortured. But we already know that is what's happening in Gitmo.

BRM: Guantanamo?

Anime_Otaku: Yeah.

Anime_Otaku: And on that rather unsettling note I think we should cross a line under the discussion. I'd like to thank BRM for joining us this week and look forward to doing it all again next week with a new guest and new questions.

BRM: And Moobs

Anime_Otaku: Yup.

One Question and One Question Only

Christof

Welcome to One Question and One Question Only! This weeks question went to several TWO members, let’s see who dared to answer. Cue the lights...

QUESTION: Who would you say is the best food based super hero / villain?

MEMBER: The Power is Back

ANSWER: " Can I choose Frylock from Aqua Teen Hunger Force???”

MEMBER: Saracen

ANSWER: "As it is widely known that forn cultures eat our domestic pets, I will have to go for Catwoman!

No no, not of Hale Berry fame, the original Selina Kyle, whadda woman.

Hell, you have to respect a woman who runs around in skin tight lycra all day using her whip to steal things or beat up bad guys.

Or, if you take the Batman films seriously, can take one black PVC mac and turn it into a skin tight leather outfit with matching boots and gloves, wow, she could darn my socks anyday!

She is the epitome of femme fatal.

If that doesn't convince you, I just like cats, my pussy is lying on my bed right now snoozing away!

It's either her or Spiderman, cause it's little known fact we eat 4 or 5 spiders a year in our sleep...

Ok, I'll shut up now.”

MEMBER: Kate

ANSWER: "definitely Bananaman because I love the way he's like a little school boy then a sexy banana, its wicked!”

Well, what a weird mix our TWOites are! Thank you to everyone that answered, you never know, a question may be winging its way into your message box next week!

The Main Event

Stephen Ashfield

Is it made up as they go along?

Booking, it's not an easy job and I bet I'd make a right mess of it given the chance but there are others out there who have a great deal more experience yet still give the impression that they're making it up as they go along.

Shock horror, I'm going to start this discussion by looking at a British promotion, All Star Wrestling run by Brian Dixon. Over the past few months he's been building up a feud between his British Heavyweight Champion Drew McDonald and former champion Robbie Brookside. This was due to culminate in a series of matches at Croydon this week including a ladder match which would either see Brookside get his belt back or lose his beloved long hair.

Sadly the match didn't take place due to Brookside's wife being taken ill. So what happened instead? Well replacing Brookside was Steve Sonic (aka Steve Lewington) but this is where it starts to get a bit confusing and totally illogical.

Brookside was scheduled to tag with Frankie Sloane against Drew McDonald and Karl Kramer then have the title match with some points system being employed. So with Brookside absent and Sonic getting the title shot, just why did Drew still have to take part in the tag match against Sloane and James Mason? He has to wrestle twice, Sonic just once, yeah that's logical, NOT!

Eventually the ladder match, which now had no real reason as that was the challenge set for the McDonald v Brookside match, took place and Sonic won the title. Where's the logic in that? You have a hot feud between McDonald and Brookside over the main title in the company so why let Sonic get the belt? It wasn't as if Brookside was out injured, just arrange the match for a later show but now that will happen without the belt being at stake. No logic at all.

Back across the pond now and the US Title on Smackdown. Booker T feuds with Chris Benoit and we get that situation where both get pinned at the same time. Out comes Mr Long and declares the title vacant despite the fact it should be a draw and Booker keeps the belt. We get the Best of seven series and we all know that means three-three and here's the deciding match.

So how does WWE book this? Do we go through 1-0, 1-1,2-1, 2-2, 2-3, 3-3 and then the decider? No it's Booker 3 Benoit 0 so we can all guess that Benoit is going to win the next three. He gets it back to 3-1 down and then Booker is legitimately injured. So what happens now? Well amazingly WWE decide to let Booker have a substitute, namely Randy Orton and even more strangely let Orlando Jordan get involved. Interference from Sharmell and Jordan get the series back to 3-3, oh what a surprise that was and instead of waiting for Booker to get fit so we can have a proper decider at the Rumble or soon after, it ends up on Smackdown with another Benoit v Orton match which ends up with Booker interfering, Orton winning and Booker getting the belt. So after all that lot we're back where we bloody well started! What if Benoit had got that win last week, he'd have been US Champ after just one win over Booker, how crazy would that have been?

The tag titles situation is even worse, does anyone remember the fact that Big Show and Kane actually hold the belts on Raw? Initially they're portrayed as the most unstoppable force ever even taking on and beating Batista and Mysterio from Smackdown for reasons no one can really work out. They're certainly unstoppable now as WWE is intent on pushing Big Show against Triple H and Kane as a potential WWE Champion and Rumble winner. Where's the logic in that booking?

Yeah it's not easy being a booker that's for sure but some of the recent work in WWE looks as if it's being made up as they go along. Cena's downfall and Angle's coronation are just two examples, I wonder how many more are on their way.

Well that's another Main Event out the way, see ya all next week.

Final Thoughts

Well put a fork it in because this Newsletter is done!

Thanks for reading!

Christof

Newsletter Editor

Contributors

With thanks to our contributors for this issue:

===============================

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/4416/52ng.jpg

For the Colour Commentary, why did only 1 of the hosts actually participate in the conversation? Why is that when Moobs TRIED to make it interesting with his jokes in the beginning, he was completely shot down and we went back to being nothing BUT boring. That was terrible.
  • Like 1

See, I think the rest of the newsletter has gotten into it's groove and developed it's own distinct appearance clearly seperating it from previous incarnations, the Colour Commentary remains just the ultimate lowpoint which is actually taking away from the overall quality of the piece.

I don't know how anyone, regardless of what I think of them as individuals, could submit a piece of work for a newsletter sent to a couple of thousand people which was as poorly constructed as that. It's bad enough that all it is is a chatlog copied and pasted, but it's written like a 14 year old kid on AIM. "LOL" being used in an article? Fake HTML? Incorrect spelling and capitalisation in the finished article? I don't see how I'm expected to enjoy a piece of writing where it's clear the author has taken no pride in it. It smacks of unprofesionalism, and as I say, brings down the overall quality of the newsletter.

It's not contributing anything, the content had been utterly crap the past two weeks and I've not even touched upon the fact that no action was taken to fix one of the biggest complaints last time around. Numerous people mentioned it's the same old faces each time around. BRM is used for the 2nd time within a month? No offence to him of course, I like him and what he contributed to the article I have no complaints with. TWO is giving genuine criticism of a column, with the intention of seeing it improved so the newsletter isn't being dragged down. So what happens? We're ignored. Great work there.

I'm not even involved in the newsletter, and I feel strong about how difference the quality is between the effort put into compiling The Week That Was/Is and that crappy chatlog which has all the hallmarks of an email sent in 1998. Criticism is being ignored, the content is worthless and everyone else's hard work is being brought down.

It's gotten to the stage where you don't even need to replace the Colour Commentary with The Probe. You just need to remove it and the newsletter suddenly looks a whole lot more profesional.

Yeah, I deifnetly agree with Russ on the 'Colour Commentary' subject.

Basically, it's the simple things that are making it so bad, compared to the rest of the newsletter. The subject was fine, but there was no real debate at all, and after a brief bit of discussion (!), the topic was moved on. It needed two, or more people who were going to fully debate the subject, other than mention it, and move onto something else.

'Thread of the Week' is a nice addition, as are 'The Week That Was', 'Member Spotlight' and 'The main Event' as usual.

Since I last commented on the newsletter, alround it has improved a lot. Colour commentary however is still as bland as ever.

See, I think the rest of the newsletter has gotten into it's groove and developed it's own distinct appearance clearly seperating it from previous incarnations, the Colour Commentary remains just the ultimate lowpoint which is actually taking away from the overall quality of the piece.

I don't know how anyone, regardless of what I think of them as individuals, could submit a piece of work for a newsletter sent to a couple of thousand people which was as poorly constructed as that. It's bad enough that all it is is a chatlog copied and pasted, but it's written like a 14 year old kid on AIM. "LOL" being used in an article? Fake HTML? Incorrect spelling and capitalisation in the finished article? I don't see how I'm expected to enjoy a piece of writing where it's clear the author has taken no pride in it. It smacks of unprofesionalism, and as I say, brings down the overall quality of the newsletter.

It's not contributing anything, the content had been utterly crap the past two weeks and I've not even touched upon the fact that no action was taken to fix one of the biggest complaints last time around. Numerous people mentioned it's the same old faces each time around. BRM is used for the 2nd time within a month? No offence to him of course, I like him and what he contributed to the article I have no complaints with. TWO is giving genuine criticism of a column, with the intention of seeing it improved so the newsletter isn't being dragged down. So what happens? We're ignored. Great work there.

I'm not even involved in the newsletter, and I feel strong about how difference the quality is between the effort put into compiling The Week That Was/Is and that crappy chatlog which has all the hallmarks of an email sent in 1998. Criticism is being ignored, the content is worthless and everyone else's hard work is being brought down.

It's gotten to the stage where you don't even need to replace the Colour Commentary with The Probe. You just need to remove it and the newsletter suddenly looks a whole lot more profesional.

He's my huckleberry.

No offense to Anime, this isn't a personal attack on him but I have absolutely no interest in the Colour Commentary and I would venture to say that there are a lot of other people who just completely skip over it too. As other people have said before I like 'The Member Spotlight' and 'The Week that Was' is a nice addition, but the Colour Commentary has no place in the newsletter. Probe, we hardly knew thee.

Edited by Naitch

Sadly, my critisism has been summed up, as per usual, by the Russman. I actually enjoyed the rest of the newsletter today, I really did. I enjoy the week that was, and I thought that the One Question piece got better just by adding a few more people to give it a broader feel. As always, the main event is what it is, and is well written.

But that Colour Commentary was bad. Moobs spoke three times in the whole thing. Why be a part of something with such limited input? Worse still, I cannot fathom exactly why not only the bad joke but the response to it were kept in. The problem is, people do not want to read MSN conversations. Not to praise the Probe in a way that suggests it should return, but it worked because the structure was that of an interview. Interviewer, interviewee. The interviewer should not become the interviewee because then all boundaries are lost. It's also too limited. There's no structure bar someone saying "Ok, time up". Who decides time is up? What exactly is the time limit on discussion? Surely letting it peak and then simmering it down would work better. It seemed to end right in the middle of something.

What I'm thinking here is, it doesn't even have to go as a column. It doesn't have to be ridden off. Just add some structure to it. Since it's obvious that Taj has political views (:roll) and Moobs is there to look pretty, give Moobs a role such as the structure of the piece. Let HIM choose the question each week, then Anime and opponent can go at it. Instantly, you've got a structure there. Then every now and then, Moobs could throw a curve ball in. Say, if you're talking about abortion, and one person is for and one against, they can have their debate, then Moobs could throw in a famous quote or an event that happened, and they could discuss that. OR, he could throw random subjects at them, and record the results. There's a lot of things they COULD do, if time and thought went into it.

As it is, it's an MSN conversation between three friends with no structure or reason to want to read.

Thanks for the heads up guys. I also questioned the involvement of BRM, pointing out the criticism of last week but was told that's who was available.

Over the course of the week I shall have a chat with Taj and also try and get hold of Moobs and we'll find a way of putting this together better. I also agree that whatever is given should be polished a bit more.

Glad the rest of the NL is seemingly liked though, as Russ said, its getting into a groove :xyx

Is that a question or a statement?

From my side of things, I feel the processes are improving. It doesn't take that long to produce a newsletter now, in fact the only time consuming piece is The Week That Was and I kinda enjoy that so its no gripe.

As to whether the NL itself is improving, well you guys are the audience so you tell me :xyx

Paying money still doesn't get my inclusion in the newsletter, I'm in tears, shattered ;). But as I said last week (and the common consensus being raised here), its shaping up well and getting into gear. But Colin, I can't believe you spoiled next weeks edition. A whole week of eager anticipation is now lost.

I think as others have already said, that the majority of the newlestter has found its place now. i really like the week that was, threads of the week, one question and all those type of bits, but i do just skip over colour commentary. It just reads as a conversation rather than any sort of debate which i imagine it was intended to be. But the rest of the NL i think has hit its stride now, and i like it.

I think in the colour commentary you need to have Anime and the Guest absolutely trollied with cheap alcopop, while moobs asks them both questions.

I think the conversation would be much more interesting to read.

Or even think of your questions, for example:

Lita. Sex kitten or Cannon Fodder?

And for god's sake prepare your arguments, last thing I want to read is "Oh and another thing!".

Apart from that well done to all who contributed.

I'm on Yahoo if you dare:D

Saz

And for god's sake prepare your arguments' date=' last thing I want to read is "Oh and another thing!".[/quote']

The idea of the column is that we don't know what we are going to be asked so it's done off the tops of our heads.

As for all the ideas for changing it I'm not convinced in the slightest as I feel the reason the column is not improved as far as the rest of the newsletter is that it has been changed 3 times after complaints so we have zero momentum compared to the rest of the newsletter. These things take time but the neysayers are not giving us the chance to improve and frankly I doubt they will ever be content with anything I'm connected with.

The idea of the column is that we don't know what we are going to be asked so it's done off the tops of our heads.

As for all the ideas for changing it I'm not convinced in the slightest as I feel the reason the column is not improved as far as the rest of the newsletter is that it has been changed 3 times after complaints so we have zero momentum compared to the rest of the newsletter. These things take time but the neysayers are not giving us the chance to improve and frankly I doubt they will ever be content with anything I'm connected with.

Maybe, I dunno, try to write an interested article instead of wallowing in self pity with the "WHY DO THEY ALWAYS PICK ON ME" mentality.

You're not some great political expert, don't try to be.