Foreigners/Gajjins in Japan!

GENE

During the 1980's and 90's there were a select amount of guys who basically worked in Japan most of the time even though they lived in America guys like Stan Hansen,Bruiser Brody,Steve Williams and Terry Gordy come to mind.I'm not saying that they never wrestled in America but they were so over and paid so highly that they spend most of their wrestling time in Japan (although Hansen had a run as AWA champion and feuded with luger in WCW,whilist Gordy and Williams wrestled in WCW and Mid South.).If you fast forward to the modern day who do you think is the 2006 version of those guys ie who do you think spends most of there time in Japan? The name that comes to mind for me is Bison Smith and Scorpio.

Doesnt/Didnt Bryan Danielson spend alot of time in Japan' date=' although he does work for RoH, or is it me being dumb again? :P[/quote']

Brian Danielson is ROH champion so he wrestles four times a month for them he also does alot of tours to Europe (i think), i know he was IWGP junior heaveyweight tag team champions with Curry Man either in early 2004 or 2005 although i couldn't possibly tell you when he last wrestled there.:)

If booked seriously, I don't see any reason why Colt Cabana couldn't do a good job in that role. A lot of the time, he works a comedy/British style, but his series with Homicide has proven when he wrestles seriously, he can actually do it. I'd like to see Zero-1 book him as a big, strong American - A role I think he could perform well in, and he would get over no doubt.

Roderick Strong put on some simply awesome matches during 2005, especially againgst James Gibson, and AmDrag. There is no reaosn why he can't improve while over in Japan, and beceome a great foreign heel.

The other main one, is obviously Samoa Joe. He would be gold in Japan, and hopefully he gets that chance, in NOAH or New Japan. The Jap's would no doubt love him, so I'd say he has the most potential for a gaijin

The other main one, is obviously Samoa Joe. He would be gold in Japan, and hopefully he gets that chance, in NOAH or New Japan. The Jap's would no doubt love him, so I'd say he has the most potential for a gaijin

Surely due to TNA's working agrement with NJPW (what a joke) surely Joe couldn't work for NOAH?But yeah i mean surely Joe the X Division champion vs Black Tiger NJPW IWGP Juniour Heaveyweight champion or vs Hiroshi Tanahashi IWGP under 30 champion at a big Tokyo show would be good no?

Samoa works as the trainer in the LA Dojo of NJPW and should really be on NJPW shows if you ask me... He was great in his Fire Festival shows in Z-1 back in 2002 and should work more over there...

Strong and Evan's where awesome in Dragon's Gate as a team and Evan's has been invited back due to his inventive flying which wowed the junior styled fan base of the promotion...

Danielson has vowed never to work NJPW again after he and Curry Man dropped the belts and then all the progress he had made (pinning Tiger Mask and Minoru and submitting Liger) didn't turn into a sustained push for him...

Colt looks like he way well do very well for Zero One...

As for a man who tours Japan and the US... Corino is that man... On RoH shows, AWA affilated shows in Canada and the US, over in Z-1... He is everywhere bar TNA and WWE really.