TNA dissing WWE

I don't know how anyone could see this as anything but a smart move on TNA's part. This was at a time where they had a very limited TV deal, and couldn't be considered in the same league as WWE, let alone the competition (albeit minor) that they are now.

The decision to "welcome" WWE was probably smart, as it got a lot of people interested in the company due to the publicity they got online. It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of people bought the PPV to see the footage.

It could be argued that what they did was "petty", but no more so than DX invading WCW which everyone seems to remember as being nothing but a positive move on WWE's part. As I said, I can't see how anyone wouldn't consider this to be some smart business.

Also, I tried Mahi Mahi in The Bahamas in 2002 and while it was salty, it was still very nice.

Yeah this video was ages ago now. It was when some WWE guys were watching TNA but didn't want to be seen on camera, so TNA did a piss of it and showed the footage bluring people's faces out, although at one point you can clearly see one is Rey Mysterio cause ofthe 619 tatoo on his arm.

the thing is that they may take the piss out of WWE but the funny thing is they would give ANYTHING to have a high paid job in WWE, so did BG James, Konnan, Douglas, Abyss (which may i ad carrying balloons around is so crap for his gimmick its not even funny) and the other wrestlers involved in that doing that out of jealousy that WWE is much bigger & MUCH richer than TNA, if WWE offered any of those wrestlers jobs not one of them would turn it down, i may be wrong but thats my opinion. Edited by Ryan

I had no problem with them showing the video' date=' but the way they went about showing it with the "VKM and Paul" skits was cringeworthingly bad.[/quote']

Chris is right, they just went about it in a terrible way that wasn't worth the hype they surrounded it with. I think this happened during the Dusty(?) era, or just was Russo was finally written out of the promotion. Of course my TNA timeline is completely worthless. These sort of segments always depend on what their aiming for and how they go about it. Bischoff called Vince McMahon out, this was considered "bad". DX invades WCW this is considered "good". The segments that came with this tape? BAD BAD BAD BAD. At the time no one was claiming this was a good move for TNA, rather a bad one, but now it's been erased from peoples minds and TNA has a Spike TV deal, suddenly it's a wonderful marketing ploy?

In conclusion, generally all ploys like this, I'm never a big fan about. Get your own company in line before you start going after others

the thing is that they may take the piss out of WWE but the funny thing is they would give ANYTHING to have a high paid job in WWE' date=' so did BG James, Konnan, Douglas, Abyss (which may i ad carrying balloons around is so crap for his gimmick its not even funny) and the other wrestlers involved in that doing that out of jealousy that WWE is much bigger & MUCH richer than TNA[/quote']

Abyss carrying the balloons is HILARIOUS, the fact that it's completely out of character is what makes it funny. They weren't doing it out of jealousy, they were doing it to try and get exposure for their company.

f WWE offered any of those wrestlers jobs not one of them would turn it down, i may be wrong but thats my opinion.

That can't be an opinion because it's a decision made by other people. Unless somebody asks BG, Truth, Abyss and Konnan we'll never know. With Douglas, he wouldn't go to the WWE again if he was paid more than HHH, that's as good as fact.

the thing is that they may take the piss out of WWE but the funny thing is they would give ANYTHING to have a high paid job in WWE' date=' so did BG James, Konnan, Douglas, Abyss (which may i ad carrying balloons around is so crap for his gimmick its not even funny) and the other wrestlers involved in that doing that out of jealousy that WWE is much bigger & MUCH richer than TNA, if WWE offered any of those wrestlers jobs not one of them would turn it down, i may be wrong but thats my opinion.[/quote']

So what's the alternative? TNA should distance themselves as much as possible from WWE? The fledgling promotion should keep their distance from a bigger rival? This was done at a time when TNA desperately needed publicity. Good or bad. They were starting out on a weekly TV show with monthly PPVs, and were trying to attract a new audience. If there's popularity to be leeched from a bigger entity, why not go for it?

Remember the case that saw Harry Ramsdens suing a curry house called Harry Ramadans? It wasn't so much a case of "OH MY GOD THIS LOCAL CURRY HOUSE IS JEALOUS OF THE BIGGER RESTAURANT CHAIN WHICH OFFERS A DIFFERENT PRODUCT AND ATTRACTS MORE PEOPLE, I DON'T KNOW WHY ANYONE WANTS TO WORK AT THAT PLACE WHEN OBVIOUSLY THEY WOULD ALL PREFER TO WORK FOR HARRY RAMSDENS BECAUSE THEY HAVE MORE MONEY!!!!!!".

No. It was more about the fact that they could get some attention which would lead to a boost in business. That's exactly the same as the TNA/WWE situation.

Were the segments cheesey? Of course. But you have to look at what they were aiming for. They weren't trying to push Abyss as a monster during that schtick, nor were they debuting a real wrestler called Son-In-Law. They wanted to show a humourous segment which would get them a lot of publicity, good or bad, leading to more wrestling fans checking them out. It worked. What's the problem? Whether you love TNA or hate the company, you can't deny that this was a great way to get yourself noticed in the wrestling world.

Ok i remember this and i h ave to say yes the rips on Vince was horrorable however when TNA said that WWE have threatend legal action i was expecting alot worse. But being fair to TNA editors they pretty much made it hard as hell to tell which Wrestler was who (Baring Rey Rey)And i agreed with the professor after the video aired

"WWE want to sue us over THAT!"

I believe that, the move what TNA did and showed the tape actually called WWE bluff (And probally made Vince and co feel small) because TNA managerment KNEW if they left it unedited WWE would have been around them like flies around you know what.

However with the bluring effect which was done it showed they wasnt scared

So what's the alternative? TNA should distance themselves as much as possible from WWE? The fledgling promotion should keep their distance from a bigger rival? This was done at a time when TNA desperately needed publicity. Good or bad. They were starting out on a weekly TV show with monthly PPVs, and were trying to attract a new audience. If there's popularity to be leeched from a bigger entity, why not go for it?

Remember the case that saw Harry Ramsdens suing a curry house called Harry Ramadans? It wasn't so much a case of "OH MY GOD THIS LOCAL CURRY HOUSE IS JEALOUS OF THE BIGGER RESTAURANT CHAIN WHICH OFFERS A DIFFERENT PRODUCT AND ATTRACTS MORE PEOPLE, I DON'T KNOW WHY ANYONE WANTS TO WORK AT THAT PLACE WHEN OBVIOUSLY THEY WOULD ALL PREFER TO WORK FOR HARRY RAMSDENS BECAUSE THEY HAVE MORE MONEY!!!!!!".

No. It was more about the fact that they could get some attention which would lead to a boost in business. That's exactly the same as the TNA/WWE situation.

Were the segments cheesey? Of course. But you have to look at what they were aiming for. They weren't trying to push Abyss as a monster during that schtick, nor were they debuting a real wrestler called Son-In-Law. They wanted to show a humourous segment which would get them a lot of publicity, good or bad, leading to more wrestling fans checking them out. It worked. What's the problem? Whether you love TNA or hate the company, you can't deny that this was a great way to get yourself noticed in the wrestling world.

There's two level in this sort of thing, the Billionaire Ted level, and the DX Invades level. While the tape itself is probably at the DX level, the skits that came with them were 100% Billionaire Ted terrible. The tape alone is decent, but they fumbled the entire thing with those segments.

In all honestly I thought it was abit of fun on TNA's behalf, just an attempt to garner alittle moe publicity and gets some people to buy the PPV. If WWE had done a similar thing to TNA, to be honest, I'd probably rip on the WWE, simply because I'm TNA bias.