I cannot believe it!

Popsi

Excuse the swearing but some ******* has hacked my ebay account! They put up at least 25 listings in my name of HDTVs coming from China for 160 euros each! And then they changed my password and sodding email address! I 100% coudlnt beliebe it, im so careful about my online security. Ive been in toch with ebay though and fair play to them they've acted quickly in taking the auctions down, and im closing my account. Sucks though as ive had to delete my paypal account, and cancel all my cards just in case they hacked that account too.

The listings were only for 1 day, so thank whoever that i cam online about an hour after they were put up! the sellers fees i wouldve had to pay amounted to a couple of hundred quid!

Complete and total *******s, they really are! If anyone wants to do me a favour and try and trace whoever scum did this to me their email addy that they changed my email to is: ghmjdhkmdk@126.com - bloody typical hacker email address.

So its off to amazon to buy a security package for me, any advice on which is the best?

I still cant beliebe it! Swines

Excuse the swearing but some ******* has hacked my ebay account! They put up at least 25 listings in my name of HDTVs coming from China for 160 euros each! And then they changed my password and sodding email address! I 100% coudlnt beliebe it, im so careful about my online security. Ive been in toch with ebay though and fair play to them they've acted quickly in taking the auctions down, and im closing my account. Sucks though as ive had to delete my paypal account, and cancel all my cards just in case they hacked that account too.

The listings were only for 1 day, so thank whoever that i cam online about an hour after they were put up! the sellers fees i wouldve had to pay amounted to a couple of hundred quid!

Complete and total *******s, they really are! If anyone wants to do me a favour and try and trace whoever scum did this to me their email addy that they changed my email to is: ghmjdhkmdk@126.com - bloody typical hacker email address.

So its off to amazon to buy a security package for me, any advice on which is the best?

I still cant beliebe it! Swines

The same happened to me not so long ago I only found out when someone phoned my home phone saying he was going to come here with some mates and beat the **** out of me Lucky for me that my PayPal password is different from my Ebay one so i refunded the money, But Ebay keep saying I HAVE to pay the sellers fees

So that was YOUR account............:P

Seriously, that's just wrong. I know someone that had it happen to them, unfortunatly, they had to pay for everything. They don't use the computer anymore, and it's caused my mom to not allow me to order anything offline as she is to afraid that someone will hack to account.

Hope everything works out for you though.

Ebay are having real trouble from China right now, my mate got done for £160 when a chinese guy was pretending to sell a Tom Tom satnav.

There is a swathe of fraudsters from China, your only real protection is to use PayPal.

Soz to hear that has happened to you Pops! that's a bummer, but i would suspect it's internal security rather than your fault.

I decided a long time ago never to use Ebay and sometimes regretted it but from this I guess it was the right choice!

Saz

You also can't guarantee that when you order something by phone that the clerk you speak to isn't skimming down your details for their own misuse. Or that in a restaurant when you give them your card they don't put through a user not there purchase. You also can't guarantee that Mr Postman won't steal chequebooks or cards.

Likewise you can't guarantee the cash point you use may have a cloning device or that someone may mug you the moment after you withdraw cash.

Hell I wouldn't even leave the house if I had to think about everyday risks that we all forget about. Internet shopping is safe at the end of the day, that is as long as you use secure sites and protect your passwords etc.