Last match?

GENE

What is the last match you watched that wasn't from either America or Britain?

The last match i watched was Mistico vs Averno in CMLL for a title although i'm not sure which title (anyone know?) anyway Mistico won the match two falls to one.

El Hijo del Santo & Octagon vs Love Machine & Eddie Guerrero Two out of three falls mask vs hair match from November 6, 1994.

This is a very good match and i really liked how to win a fall you had to pin both members,however i did think the first two matches came a bit early and Santo was portraied as invinceble.

El Hijo del Santo & Octagon vs Love Machine & Eddie Guerrero Two out of three falls mask vs hair match from November 6, 1994.

This is a very good match and i really liked how to win a fall you had to pin both members,however i did think the first two matches came a bit early and Santo was portraied as invinceble.

Awesome match... Up in my top 5 or 6 off all time...

And you have to understand... in Lucha the legacy of the Santo mask and family and the guy himself makes it such that he is invinicable...

But if anybody wanted proof (if they needed it) that Eddie has always been special then look no further then this match...

And you have to understand... in Lucha the legacy of the Santo mask and family and the guy himself makes it such that he is invinicable...

The guys partner got injured and he had to wrestle for another five minutes whilist being double teamed by Love Machine & Eddie and he managed to kick out of at least five succesive big moves,so to me that kinda brought it down a notch.

The guys partner got injured and he had to wrestle for another five minutes whilist being double teamed by Love Machine & Eddie and he managed to kick out of at least five succesive big moves' date='so to me that kinda brought it down a notch.[/quote']

Ah but you are not factoring in the interferance of Blue Panther who (illegally) drops Art on his head with a Piledriver which are illegal in Mexico and are sold like death...

Santo would have eventually have been done had it have not been for Panther...

You could see that the Gringo's where building up to the DoomsdayRana finisher again but Panther cut off all that momentum and Santo did the rest because he was at the time more experience then Eddie and a bigger star...

There match wise Santo keeps hood, pulls it off like a miracle, crowd goes bats**t, PPV saved by this match (the rest where average or sucked) and the Gringo's still look strong...

• 1 month later...
I just finished watching a highlights video of Ric Flair (with relativley short hair so i'm guessing it's about 91 or 93) vs Keiji Mutoh in which Mutoh introduces the famous Muta scale.Well i told the last part of my post was wrong but he still bleeds like a biatch. Edited by GENE

• 2 weeks later...

Jumbo Tsuruta and Tenryu vs Stan Hansen and Bruiser Brody AJPW 1983

Toshiaki Kawada and Tenryu vs Stan Hansen and Bruiser Brody AJPW 1988

The first match was the first time i've ever seen Brody and Tsuruta and to be honest i wasn't to impressed with the former,booth were good matches but i prefered the latter.Next i'm going to watch Terry Funk vs Jumbo from 1976 for the NWA title.

• 2 weeks later...
I watched The Steiners vs The Great Muta and Sting from 1994(ish), and i have been trying to download a couple of The British Bulldogs matches but the server has to many people trying to download.However i have got The BullDogs vs The Malenkos (is Joe any good?),Misawa vs Kenta from 2004 and an Eddie Gurrero match from CMLL or AAA to watch later.

• 2 weeks later...
Jumbo Tsurta vs Kerry Von Erich for the NWA from the 22nd of May 1984 from AJPW.I've seen very little of both Jumbo and Kerry so i don't know if Kerry was carried but this was a damn fine match and i'm guessing it was one of Kerry's last title defences before he lost the belt back to Flair.Say what you want about The Von Erichs being high and what not but in this match Kerry looked like a Million Dollars in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Today I watched...

Shibata v Tenryu from the 9/10/04 NJPW show... Tenryu is disqualifed after a eight minute brawl for smashing a beer bottle over Shibata's head after the young punk told him to do it...

Masaaki Mochizuki © v TAKA Michinoku for the Open the Dream Gate Title from Dragon's Gate... Really good junior match with the ace of the promotion finally downing the junior legend with the Saikyou High Kick...

The match also featured the 'Twister', Asai Moonsaults, Triangle Jump Enziguri's, Dick Killers and Michinoku drivers as well... Great match...

The NJPW Best Of The Super Junior Semi Final from 06-19-05, Tiger Mask IV vs Minoru in what is a bit of a change from normal NJPW junior matches, almost a head dropper and a good match from what has been a dissappointing year for Tiger...

NJPW's IWGP Jr Tag title match from 03-04-05 when Jado & Gedo took on Kanemoto & Inoue... Really cool old school face v heels dynamic with the young man stepping up at the end to take the win with the Triangle Lancer...

and finally...

NJPW - Keiji Mutoh vs Yuji Nagata in the 2001 G1 Climax Final. Really spirited match with all the two's trademarks moves and one that finally elevated Nagata to the level where he could FINALLY win the IWGP title...

I'd recommend the three following matches of the lengthy run of KENTA and Marufuji...

MaruKENTA v Juvi Guerrera and Ricky Marvin (11/1/03 @ Tokyo Nippon Budokan)

MaruKENTA v Kotaro Suzuki and Ricky Marvin (6/1/04 @ Tsukisamu Green Dome)

MaruKENTA v Takashi Shigura and Yoshinobu Kanemaru (6/5/05 @ Sapporo Media Park Spica)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just watched Hansen vs Tsuruta from 1989 which i'm guessing is the unification match for the Triple crown as Hansen only enters the ring with one belt.Anyway its quite a good match with Tsuruta walking away with the gold 3 and 3/4 *.

And i also watched Terry Gordy vs Jumbo Tsuruta from 1990 for The Triple Crown,i love this match and the ending came as a bit of a swerve as Jumbo was supposed to defend the belts a couple of days later against Misawa.Anyway Gordy wins with a Tornado DDT 4*.

Hayabusa vs Jushin Liger in NJPW.

Hayabusa lands on his head doing an SSP, and Liger immediately hits him with a sit out powerbomb, a power bomb off the top rope, and a fisherman brainbuster as opposed to distracting the crowd. Gotta love it.

Also I've gotta mention a 5-* match promoted by Poisin Sawada in SPWC. The Table vs Step-Ladder. Crowd was HOT for this one.