WWE Returns, and more on Joe *Potential Spoilers*

Dead Crow

Stolen shamelessly from a post on the UKFF. None of this is my opinion, but that of the poster.

This is talking about news from the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

THE FOLLOWING CONTAINS POTENTIAL SPOILERS:

In the latest issue, Meltzer writes that Charlie Haas is being brought back.

They are also considering bringing back Chuck Palumbo and Aaron Aguliera (sic?).

The Samoa Joe rumours are actually stronger than I thought.

The short version of the deal is Joe (amongst other people) is annoyed about how much he is being paid in TNA and wants a raise. The Sting deal has exacerbated the situation. He is friends, believe it or not, with Brian Gerwitz, and invited Gerwitz to an ROH show he was on a few weeks back, basically to pass word that he 'might' be interested if WWE came calling again.

Laurinitus has apparently seen footage of him in TNA and is very high on him, and reckons, quote, 'he can be the top level heel that Rikishi never was'.

WWE also reckons that despite Joe being under TNA contract for another 2 and a half years, they can get him any time they want due to a contract breach TNA made. Apparently they never paid Joe for his appearance on the December 3rd Impact. Wrestlers are paid per appareance on a tv show, for either wrestling a match, delivering a promo or being part of a skit/vignette. Joe didn't wrestle on that show, and only appeared in the last 10 seconds attacking AJ Styles backstage in a taped segment.

Interesting.

Personally, I can't see Joe going there. Push will come to shove and TNA will raise his pay when they realise how serious the situation is. If he does go, good for him. He won't go hungry for a while as he'll get improved pay. He also likely won't be very happy for a while either, based on WWE's track record of handling newcomers who are touted as 'the best on the Indy scene' (e.g. the likes of CM Punk, etc). They can't even push Shelton Benjamin properly, so there's not a lot of hope for Joe.

Sounds good Charlie Haas coming back, maybe they have realised he had the same skills as Shetlon, or maybe not but almost, so could use him well if pushed. Who is aaron aguillera, is that essa rios or jesus? Also, Chuck Palumbo could be good, and a Vito Palumbo tag team might be good for Smackdown.

The Joe situation could be quite good, I could see Joe getting far with his skill in the ring for a big guy, and will be pushed well, unless WWE are using TNA as their old WCW and won't let any former TNA guys get a decent push in WWE.

Well i'm glad about Haas, I always thought he had a brilliant Wrestling career. He wasn't so strong on the mic but he can improve. Palumbo is a good idea as Nunzio and Vito could do with some more backup and maybe they could go places with Chuck by there side. I'm not to sure about Jesus, the only match I seen of him was against Cena and I was begging for the finish. I'll see what he has to prove but I seriously hope he has improved or it's the boot job again.

I honestly dont see Joe going to WWE, Joe is just so much quality right now, I mean if you take the Joe that we know away right now, wrestling as we know it has no chance. Joe wont go to WWE at least, I hope not! Jesus christ, Rikishi no.2 is what they want from Joe, yeah WWE know what to do with pure talent alright, :(

If TNA don't increase Joe's pay and don't try and keep hold of him, then they will be doomed for failure, because it will happen time and time again with all the young and upcoming talent, TNA are using Joe well enough, so they should start paying him what he deserves.

It should be noted that Spike TV are paying for a large percentage of Sting's $500' date='000 salary, so even though its alot of money, TNA are not paying for the lot.[/quote']

Very true. How much is a "large percentage"? $300,000? $400,000? Even if TNA are just(HA!) paying $50,000, Joe has every right to be pissed off about it.

I wish someone in WWE would want to bring back Stamboli. About a million times better than Pumbo, but was given a dumb Italian gimmick, which ruined his WWE career. He has a fantastic look, could wrestle better than most big men, and wasn't piss poor on the mic. With Nunzio guiding him, that could of carried the mic work too.

Jesus was abysmal in the ring, and is w*nk in other areas aswell. 1000's more talented than him, so let's hope he doesn't rejoin.

• Like 1

Im not so sure about Joe's WWE potential. Honestly i don't see him moving past US Title unless the WWE experiences some major eye-opening experience.

Oh...and fires Cena.

Joe would not be allowed to be the same if he came to the WWE. Thats a fact. Indy circuit is where he needs to stay. Hopefully TNA gets things straightened out with him soon.

Plus Charlie Haas IMO should'nt have been released in the first place. The best the WWE could do with him was to team him up with Rico? Yeah right. Haas deserves to be on Raw. And yes I do agree that him and Shelton should get back together and terroize both single and tag team competition as "The World's Greatest Tag Team"!

Oh..and Cena deserves to stay in the WWE. Without him Raw would be just that much more boring.:help

I wish someone in WWE would want to bring back Stamboli. About a million times better than Pumbo' date=' but was given a dumb Italian gimmick, which ruined his WWE career. He has a fantastic look, could wrestle better than most big men, and wasn't piss poor on the mic. With Nunzio guiding him, that could of carried the mic work too.[/quote']Exactly! I can't understand why they brought Vito in who was never good when they could have just brought back the talented Stamboli, easily the better Mamaluke back in WCW.

Can't see Joe going to WWE, look at their track record with guys like him, not good at all, he would be brought in with all the hype and get a great start then they would tell him to lose weight or bury him, Don't go!!!

ps. Isn't it suprising that WWE say they can take him anytime they want even tho he is contracted to TNA but yet moan about their own wrestlers leaving and braking contacts, double standards I think to myself :)

• 2 weeks later...
The word going around is that Charlie Haas has signed a new WWE deal and may return as soon as tonight's TV taping in East Rutherford, New Jersey to the Raw brand. There had been rumors of Haas' return floating around for several weeks, which had been shot down by sources PWInsider.com had spoken to as late as last week. As it turns out, those sources were wrong and I apologize for last week's error.

Haas and his wife Jackie Gayda were both released from WWE on 7/6/05. Gayda later signed with TNA. In a July 2005 WrestlingWeekly.com interview, Haas stated he wouldn't return to the company even if he was invited back, saying if he ever went back, he wanted it to "be under his own terms." Haas had been working regularly for Jersey All Pro Wrestling (where he first broke in as a tag team with his late brother Russ) since his WWE departure.

Haas had been openly vocal against WWE writer Dave Lagana, who heads up the Smackdown side after this release, which may explain why he's being brought to Raw. It's possible Haas could be used as part of Shelton Benjamin's new storyline, but that isn't confirmed.

Credit - PWInsider.com

I'd be pleased if Haas does return, I'd like him to team once again with Shelton, that way Shelton would at least get some push, albeit in the tag team ranks.