Funny sporting experiences?

MojoPogo

Does anybody on here play any sports regularly, either for a team or just for laughs? If so, have you had anything really funny, bizarre, strange or memorable happent to you while doing so? im a great cricket fan, and although my job means i cant play amateure or anything, i do play with a group of friends as a hobby and for charity, and recently my friends and i were playing a local pub and during the course of this one match i hit a six and knocked out a cow (!), two batsmen collided and got run out after slipping in a turd (!) and a bowler fell over and injured himself when his belt snapped and his trousers fell down!

Brilliant! Like a carry on cricket match!

Anybody else had anything funny happen while playing sports?:oops

• Like 1

Best one i remember was at Tranmere a few years ago the team was warming up. One of our strikers who was not in form at the time was practicing shots..badly and a few lads began to give him stick. Eventually he reacted, put the ball down, gave them the finger than ran up and kicked the ball as hard as he could straight at them, at which point on of the lad took his hat off and headed the shot straight back to him! While the stand laughed the striker sulked off into the dressing room.

I used to play cricket a couple of years ago, I was actually quite good, I played for Durham under 15's. Anyway, I played in a final and scored 38 or something, my dad was watching in the crowd talking to other parents of our team. I pulled someone for 6 and my dad caught it in the crowd.

Also an Indian man who played with my dad once played in a game where the batsmen ran 22 runs because a lion was asleep next to the boundary and nobody dared go and get the ball.

I used to run the 800m for my school - I was quite good too, I was the 3rd best in Ulster for my age group at one point. Anyway, our school went down to Coleraine to have an athletics tournament. I was used to running on 400m tracks which means that my event is two laps. So, I compete in the race and after two laps I was in the lead and stop to celebrate my victory.

Unfortunately, the track was only 300m long. D'oh! Of course I didn't realise this and seemingly neither did any of the other competitors because they all stopped as well. So, you can imagine the scene ... right in the middle of a race the entire field just stops. The lads at my school who were watching started trying to convince me it wasn't over.

Lads: What the f*** are you doing?

Me: What do you mean?

Lads: Why have you stopped?

Me: Er ... because I've won.

Lads: No, you haven't!

Me: Yes, I have. Look, everyone else has stopped.

Lads: Did you not notice the big finish line over there?

Me: That's the finish line?

Lads: Yes. Now RUN!

So after about 20-25 seconds of this conversation, I started running to the finish line. As soon as I started, everyone else began running as well. Thankfully I won anyway, I'd never have lived that one down if I'd lost!

• Like 1

I used to run the 800m for my school - I was quite good too, I was the 3rd best in Ulster for my age group at one point. Anyway, our school went down to Coleraine to have an athletics tournament. I was used to running on 400m tracks which means that my event is two laps. So, I compete in the race and after two laps I was in the lead and stop to celebrate my victory.

Unfortunately, the track was only 300m long. D'oh! Of course I didn't realise this and seemingly neither did any of the other competitors because they all stopped as well. So, you can imagine the scene ... right in the middle of a race the entire field just stops. The lads at my school who were watching started trying to convince me it wasn't over.

Lads: What the f*** are you doing?

Me: What do you mean?

Lads: Why have you stopped?

Me: Er ... because I've won.

Lads: No, you haven't!

Me: Yes, I have. Look, everyone else has stopped.

Lads: Did you not notice the big finish line over there?

Me: That's the finish line?

Lads: Yes. Now RUN!

So after about 20-25 seconds of this conversation, I started running to the finish line. As soon as I started, everyone else began running as well. Thankfully I won anyway, I'd never have lived that one down if I'd lost!

Thats quality! More of that please!!:xyx

I think the funnest things i have seen in sports have been

David Dunn's messing up the step over past thing (sorry Nicola)

the Roy Carrol goof up where Spurs scored but it wasnt aloud

(the next few have happend to me)

standing at point and mis judging a catch and getting hit in the nose with a cricket ball (thank god i didnt break my nose i guess)

i was playing football over the locale park and i lobbed my mate who was in goal (To make it even more funnier i was in goal myself..... Beckham eat your heart out)