Kurt Angle v.s HHH (who would win?) (wwe planned)

edgefan

Who would win in this rematch? (wwe planned)  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win in this rematch? (wwe planned)

I think Kurt Because, Kurt can Do good Submissions and really get a match going. HHH Is a good worker and good at everything no doubt! But Kurt can pull off sneaky attacks from nowhere which would put HHH off guard. Edited by edgefan

Thank you for the extended version. :)

I would say HHH would more than likely get the win. Kurt is obviously breaking down physically and wont be wrestling for many more years, Tripps on the other hand has a style that will keep him going until hes Hogans age. So I cant see him losing to Kurt unless its at a REALLY big event such as a face Angle beating a heel Trips for the belt at Mania.

Edited by Paul

Tripps on the other hand has a style that will keep him going until hes Hogans age.

to be fair though Kurt has toned down his style abit from a few years ago and probably will continue too.. i think if he slowed down he could keep going for many more years.. and NO!! not more HHH title runs till he's hogans age.. jeese that would blow..

i'd want Kurt to win seeing as he's had a great year in WWE and managed to survive jobbing to **** boy Cena and the sharmell angle.. he deserves the title after all of that!

I'm going for Triple H, purely because, he's been without the belt for a while, and he'll be demanding it back soon.......in terms of ability they're pretty evenly matched, with Angle being more naturally gifted, but Hunter having better stamina, and it could be argued better ability to absorb punishment.

I'd say HHH several reasons.

Kurt's body is really showing the wear and tear from the punishment he's put it through over the last few years, so I don't think he'll be bumping much soon.

HHH's style means that he can have a simple match without taking too many bumps - he's a good worker, but not as good as he was around 99/00, but he's still capable of going.

As for the booking, I'm sure HHH will win, not only has he not been feuding with anyone "big" for ages, so he'd need a "big win" to get back in the hunt - not to mention that he's on the booking team. :P

In-ring fitness has nothing to do with it, Kurt Angle would wrestle circles around HHH in present time and in years to come. The fact that Angle can still pull off decent matches with a bad neck proves he's one of the greatest athletes in the world let alone better then HHH.

HHH has to be the most overrated, boring and redundant long term top heel the company ever had the misfortune of garnering. His wrestling is useless and none existant simply for the fact that his ability consists of basicness. He hasn't had a decent wrestling match in years since 2002 and has cut arguably the worst promos and angles in history. He only really shines when his matches are pre-stipulated to something no-DQ oriented (see his recent matches with Ric Flair) or when the stipulation envolves more then just him and another opponent (triple threat, Elimination Chamber etc), but for the most part he cannot hold his own weight unless facing someone vastly supirior in talent (Rock, HBK, Benoit). Angle on the other hand can work with just about anyone despite battered condition.

In-ring fitness has nothing to do with it, Kurt Angle would wrestle circles around HHH in present time and in years to come. The fact that Angle can still pull off decent matches with a bad neck proves he's one of the greatest athletes in the world let alone better then HHH.

HHH has to be the most overrated, boring and redundant long term top heel the company ever had the misfortune of garnering. His wrestling is useless and none existant simply for the fact that his ability consists of basicness. He hasn't had a decent wrestling match in years since 2002 and has cut arguably the worst promos and angles in history. He only really shines when his matches are pre-stipulated to something no-DQ oriented (see his recent matches with Ric Flair) or when the stipulation envolves more then just him and another opponent (triple threat, Elimination Chamber etc), but for the most part he cannot hold his own weight unless facing someone vastly supirior in talent (Rock, HBK, Benoit). Angle on the other hand can work with just about anyone despite battered condition.

I agree. Everyone would, talentwise Angle#s streets ahead of ANYONE in the WWE, but fact is Trips rules backstage unfortunately, so he'd get the nod. Harsh, but true.

Personally i might not like his backstage stroke (if there is any) however i will say this he is one of the best in the WWE today.

The reason why Triple H is a good wrestler is because if you watch his style it might not be as exciting as a Aj Styles or a Chris Daniels however its all very basic stuff. Most of the top stars have done it in the past, people like Flair, Anderson, Hogan, Warrior, the Rock, Stone cold, Foley, Taker each keep all the stuff very basic and it also helps get a story over to the fans. I disagree about he only works well in triple Treats/No DQ matches i think hunters style can change depending on who he works with. For example he would be able to work a technical match with Angle and then work a street fight like match with someone like Foley

I agree. Everyone would' date=' talentwise Angle#s streets ahead of ANYONE in the WWE, but fact is Trips rules backstage unfortunately, so he'd get the nod. Harsh, but true.[/quote']

I know, I know :(

But speaking from a none-political standpoint, technically ANYONE could beat HHH in a match. Well...anyone would be quite a strech. Certainly half the midcard and all of the main event roster post 2002 could beat HHH.

The reason why Triple H is a good wrestler is because if you watch his style it might not be as exciting as a Aj Styles or a Chris Daniels however its all very basic stuff. Most of the top stars have done it in the past' date=' people like Flair, Anderson, Hogan, Warrior, the Rock, Stone cold, Foley, Taker each keep all the stuff very basic and it also helps get a story over to the fans. I disagree about he only works well in triple Treats/No DQ matches i think hunters style can change depending on who he works with. For example he would be able to work a technical match with Angle and then work a street fight like match with someone like Foley[/quote']

Disagree completely. If there is any change in a HHH match, it's totally in his opponents favour. The difference between H and the rest of the top names you mentioned is that they consistantly bettered themselfs with they're performances (with the exception of Flair, Warrior and Hogan who grew just as boring, and maybe Austin cause of his neck). And even when they did, they never over-indulged on it. With HHH you get the same crap in every one of his matches, slowing down the match pace to his favour so he can pull off his severely boring move set for 3/4 of the match untill his opponent got that spark, thats what forces fans to believe they saw a great match. That is the basic HHH-match formula. Dull and boring.

Edited by New Jake

i guess its each to there own really. Personally looking at Triple H as a training wrestler myself i understand how technally sound his matches are. Yes they might appear to some people boring however regardless what people will say or think about him i think he is a very good wrestler.

Also the reason why you get the "Same Crap" with triple h (and i believe you will find it with other wrestlers) not only in WWE but in TNA, ROH, ect they have something called something like reconisable spots. For example the drop toe hold into a chair which Raven does is one of his reconisable spots, same with the trash talking after stunner from austin. They use those spots so wrestling fans can see one of those wrestlers favoritie spots (For example the spin buster which Hunter does)

Been there, done that. The last time these two guys fought it was clear that Angle was the better man inside the squared circle. But, in the end HHH won the match thanks to Stephanie. Kurt Angle clearly would beat HHH 9 times out of 10 in any type of match. HHH shines in matches that basically has no rules. HHH is one of the best brawlers in the WWE. Without question. However, technically nobody is as brilliant as Kurt Angle.

If this match would happen now the result would be the same. Kurt should win,but he wouldnt win. Two heels going at each other for some reason doesnt wash well with the WWE. Personally, I think the WWE's attitude needs a little more "Cerebral" attitude when it comes to heels and faces facing off against each other as well as against their arch-rivals. Truly.

If I had to pick a winner in that match? HHH. Not because hes better than Angle, he just has more pull behind the scenes than Angle. Plus if HHH cant beat Angle that pretty much would sum up his chances of never winning another World title. As you can see HHH chose not to compete in the Elimination chamber for the World title against Angle,CCC,Masters,Cena, and HBK. Why? Because he knows he doesnt have an edge walking in.

Two words for that kind of behavior from HHH?: "Got Balls?" :devil

Shouldn't this be "Who would you like to win?

Speaking as a mark, I'd much prefer Triple H to go over. I think Angle's great but I much prefer watching Triple H, he's the best in the World in my opinion.

I'd love to see a long feud between the pair again. So, again, in my humble opinion, it wouldn't matter who won, it would just be great to watch a series of matches between the two.

Shouldn't this be "Who would you like to win?

Speaking as a mark, I'd much prefer Triple H to go over. I think Angle's great but I much prefer watching Triple H, he's the best in the World in my opinion.

I'd love to see a long feud between the pair again. So, again, in my humble opinion, it wouldn't matter who won, it would just be great to watch a series of matches between the two.

Well, who would I like to see win? Kurt Angle. I prefer to watch Kurt Angle than watch the same methodical boring ass HHH talking about how he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. At least Kurt Angle can still give us great matches. HHH? Nah. Personally I would love to see a feud jump off between them too. Raw needs all the help they can get.

This feud will no doubt happening during some part of 2006

But it's just not the time for it. This would be a huge feud for WWE, and the best way to get the most out of it is to have the two have a decent run for a month or two. Whether this can happen with the current depth of talent is debatable. For me, there are only 4 guys on RAW that in my opinion are credible title challengers to Cena - HHH, Angle, HBK and Kane

With the Rumble coming up, to me there's not even a hint as to who might win it. (Although my moneys' going on Orton)

Now back on topic. As co number one Hunter marks with Wyndy, Trippers has just got to go over. As has been said, Angle looks like he's winding down. Yes, Triple H may not be quite as good as he was in the late 90's / early 00's, but in comparison to Angle during that period, he's streaks ahead in the present time. I'd like to see this feud happen over the title, the belt needs to restore some credibility

This feud will no doubt happening during some part of 2006

But it's just not the time for it. This would be a huge feud for WWE, and the best way to get the most out of it is to have the two have a decent run for a month or two. Whether this can happen with the current depth of talent is debatable. For me, there are only 4 guys on RAW that in my opinion are credible title challengers to Cena - HHH, Angle, HBK and Kane

With the Rumble coming up, to me there's not even a hint as to who might win it. (Although my moneys' going on Orton)

Now back on topic. As co number one Hunter marks with Wyndy, Trippers has just got to go over. As has been said, Angle looks like he's winding down. Yes, Triple H may not be quite as good as he was in the late 90's / early 00's, but in comparison to Angle during that period, he's streaks ahead in the present time. I'd like to see this feud happen over the title, the belt needs to restore some credibility

The last time both the WWE World titles had credibility was when Chris Benoit & The late Eddie Guerrero was simuletaneously carrying the banner for both shows. Since then both former OVW mainstays Cena and Batista has done an admarable job. But putting the belt around HHH's waist again would be as painful as four more years with our friend George W.Bush.:roll

I can't believe some of you people actually back HHH because of backstage polotics. It's a cancer and hardly shadows the fact that HHH is a shadow of his former self.

Yes they might appear to some people boring however regardless what people will say or think about him i think he is a very good wrestler.

Whatever, though markism may blind some people here, the fact is HHH is not in Angle's leage. HHH fans are even few and far between.

Yes' date=' Triple H may not be quite as good as he was in the late 90's / early 00's, but in comparison to Angle during that period, he's streaks ahead in the present time[/quote']

Oh please, between the time HHH has returned and before he took time off, he has done nothing remarkable outside two slag off's with Ric Flair which barely hold average. Angle on the other hand has been a consistantly brilliant performer on RAW, has had a series of undisputed classic matches with HBK that easily top anything HHH-HBK have done in the past few years. All HHH has had all year are 3 jerk off matches with Batista and the two Flairs mentioned above which hardly rank into Angle's accomplishments of this year. Angle is light years ahead of HHH and always will be, HHH will never find that leage again. At least not among this political BS that surrounds him.

Edited by New Jake

Actually, i wasn't overly impressed by the Angle-HBK series. The Wrestlemania match was probably best as it was worked beautifully

I was much more impressed by any of the HHH-HBK matches, whether it be at Summerslam 02, Rumble 04 or Badd Blood 04

2005 has simply been the year where Triple H made Dave Batista

This is obviously down to opinion

Actually, i wasn't overly impressed by the Angle-HBK series. The Wrestlemania match was probably best as it was worked beautifully

I was much more impressed by any of the HHH-HBK matches, whether it be at Summerslam 02, Rumble 04 or Badd Blood 04

2005 has simply been the year where Triple H made Dave Batista

This is obviously down to opinion

HBK/HHH Summerslam 2002 was only half decent and the only good match out of that crappy series. Angle/HBK at Wrestlemania was easily better. And as stated before, Batista is a useless waste of space. HHH putting his boring ass over was certainly a low point in 2005.