*** Official WWE Armageddon Thread 2005 ***

Kam

PPV Quiz and Chat

http://img452.imageshack.us/img452/8949/arm3tb.jpg

Join us on Sunday 18th December from 8pm UK time for the Armageddon PPV Quiz and Chat in the TWO Chatroom.

PPV Quiz

The Quiz will take place from 8-9pm in the Quiz Room, for more info see the Quiz Page:

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/wrestling-quiz.php (includes current leaderboard)

Quiz participants will be tested on their knowledge of all kinds of wrestling topics, but special attention should be paid to the history of previous WWE December PPVs, and since Quizmaster Colin is running things, the career highs and lows of Don Callis.

Anyone can take part in the quiz, you do not need to register, just turn up in the Quiz Room at 8pm (UK Time).

PPV Chat

The PPV Chat will take place after the quiz, from 9pm to 1am (UK Time). Talk to fellow TWO users about the PPV, and give your thoughts on each match! Can Randy Orton survive Hell In A Cell? Will Booker T manage to win the Best Of 7 Series in a clean sweep? Who will win the Raw Vs SD! tag team match? Discuss it in the TWO Chatrooms!

So don't miss out on a night of fun, join us for the Talk Wrestling Online Armageddon Quiz and Chat! Don't forget, WWE Armageddon takes place on Sunday 18th December, and the evening's activities begin at 8pm, starting with the Quiz. We'll see you there, in the chatroom!

PPV Prediction League

Post your predictions below – anyone can enter!

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26919

Matches

• Hell in a Cell Match:
    Randy Orton vs. Undertaker
  • MNM vs. Psicosis & Super Crazy
  • WWE Tag Team Champions Batista & Rey Mysterio vs. World Tag Team Champions Big Show & Kane
  • Match No. 4 of a Best-of-Seven Series:
    Booker T vs. Chris Benoit
  • Cruiserweight Championship:
    Juventud vs. Kid Kash
  • JBL vs. Matt Hardy

How to order the PPV

UK:

Live on Sky Box Office from 1am

USA:

See WWE.com - Armageddon

Articles @ Wrestling 101

- The Good, The Bad and The Ugly #4

Well.........the whole PPV was just.....bland.

Strange opener. Average match.

Average Tag Match.

Benoit/Booker was good.

Didn't see the next 2 matches, but I'll download Juvi/Kash tomorrow.

Batista/Rey vs Show/Kane was just an average tag match.

The Cell was just....very...bland. They did nothing that hasn't been done to death in other Cells, or anything that has happened in there previous matches, just used the steps, a chair, and a table. The door was even open, and they didn't go out of the cell!? And the ending just seemed.....abrupt.

Not a great way to end the year for WWE.

But I can't really judge it entirely, because I haven't seen some of the matches. Not saying the PPV is terrible, just bland.

Edited by Craig

Tim White, Tim White!!!! Please somebody explain that to me?????????????? WTF was that all about??? I only saw the great Kid Kash win the cruiserweight title which was great, not a good match though, the tag match was piss, and the most silliest booking of a hell in a cell ever, why did Taker win that? Anybody?

HHH/Nash HIAC was actually 100 times better...

From DaMeltz~!

WWE Armageddon PPV report

by Dave Meltzer

Dave@wrestlingobserver.com

Welcome to our live coverage of Armageddon tonight from the Dunkin Donuts Center in Providence, RI.

We're looking for your thoughts on tonight's show, so you can leave a thumbs up, thumbs down or thumbs in the middle along with a best and worst match to dave@wrestlingobserver.com.

Jamie Noble vs. Funaki is the Heat match. As good a match as you're going to get in 3:30 with Noble winning with a dragon sleeper via submission.

JBL vs. Matt Hardy opens the show. JBL won what was really a fairly quick squash match after a clothesline. Hardy only got one 30 second or so comeback spot the entire match. I don't know what was said, but there was a fan at ringside who must have really gotten under JBL's skin because at the finish out of nowhere he flipped the fan off and you could see he was not happy about something.

Crazy & Psicosis told Melina they'd cancel the match if she did for them what she did for Batista.

MNM vs. Mexicools is up next. MNM won with the snapshot on Super Crazy. They played this up like it sets up a rematch with Batista & Mysterio. A little rough, but good. Crowd got into it as it went on.

Chris Benoit vs. Booker T was next. They are teasing problems with Sharmell and Kristal Marshall. They had the best match so far in the series. Benoit survived tons of interference from Sharmell, and delivered tons of suplexes, got a tap from a sharpshooter during a ref bump sequence, before finally winning with the crossface to close the gap to 3-1.

Teddy Long and Palmer Canon are out. Canon called out Santa Claus, and it was Vito as evil Santa and Nunzio as an elf. They wanted a tag title match and a cruiserweight title match, but Canon said he had a present for them, and it was the Boogey Man. Boogey Man cleaned house on Nunzio, gave Vito a pump handle slam. He then opened up Vito's Santa bag and it had thousands of worms. He then pulled out what looked like 100 plus worms and shoved them down Vito's mouth. There are thousands of worms on the mat right now, a few alive and tons looking dead. This company continually comes up with new levels when it comes to creative punishment of people who don't know "locker room etiquette."

Bobby Lashley vs. William Regal & Paul Birchall is up next. Crowd was totally dead, even for Lashley's comeback, winning with a dominator on Birchall. Birchall looked good but it was lost on the crowd and seems lost on the promotion.

Josh was at the Friendly Tap, which is Tim White's bar. They had Tim portrayed as an old drunk who wouldn't speak. Aha, but Tim White had a career ending shoulder injury in a hell in a cell match with HHH vs. Chris Jericho. The story is Hell in a Cell ruins lives. Hell in a Cell ruined his life. His wife left him. His family doesn't talk to him. His friends don't talk to him. Yes, Tim had to say he has irritable bowel syndrome. Well, you know when you sign up you check your dignity at the door. Tim White pulled out a rifle and they are pretending he's committing suicide. A gunshot went off. You could hear the crowd booing the hell out of this. Wow, was that ever awful. This almost single handledly ruined what has been a good show so far.

Juventud vs. Kid Kash is next. Kash won the title after a brainbuster after Juventud missed a somersault legdrop off the top rope. This was one of the best matches you'll ever see a crowd crap on in history. They worked stiff, Kash did a hell of a job in controlling things, and the people were dead. About the only noise was "end this match" after a few minutes, "boring" after Juventud did a dive and booing every near fall being kicked out of because it wasn't over. This match would have torn the house down at a TNA show.

This year's Royal Rumble commercials are the McMahons as ancient Romans. Bizarre but kind of funny.

Batista & Mysterio vs. Show & Kane is next. Kane pinned Mysterio clean with a choke slam in a short match. This made no sense on many levels, particularly since Batista & Mysterio have something special as a team.

Since the Benoit match ended, this has been a major downer.

Undertaker vs. Orton Hell in a Cell is up to either make the save or put the exclamation point in the night. Long match. Undertaker, Bob Orton, Randy Orton and Nick Patrick all ended up bloody. Very good match, nowhere near the level of the famous Hell in a Cells.. Orton even got a near fall after using a tombstone piledriver on Undertaker. Patrick was carted out. Charles Robinson was attacked by Bob Orton as he tried to make a count after Bob (who juiced while outside the cell)got in the cell. Undertaker used the urn on both Bob and Randy, the tombstone on Bob and Randy, and got the pin on Randy.

Thanks for joining us.

All things considered, a good PPV. Everything pre-Tim White was hot, everything post him was either horrible, great but shat upon, or just good. But the show was far better than it had any right to be.

Josh was at the Friendly Tap' date=' which is Tim White's bar. They had Tim portrayed as an old drunk who wouldn't speak. Aha, but Tim White had a career ending shoulder injury in a hell in a cell match with HHH vs. Chris Jericho. The story is Hell in a Cell ruins lives. Hell in a Cell ruined his life. His wife left him. His family doesn't talk to him. His friends don't talk to him. Yes, Tim had to say he has irritable bowel syndrome. Well, you know when you sign up you check your dignity at the door. Tim White pulled out a rifle and they are pretending he's committing suicide. A gunshot went off. You could hear the crowd booing the hell out of this. Wow, was that ever awful. This almost single handledly ruined what has been a good show so far.[/quote']

I still can't concieve what the point of that was.

Same here Shady. Why Taker was booked to win, when it would have enhanced Orton's reputation, and gathered momentum for his push towards the heavily anticipated 1 on 1 match with Batista at Wrestlemania 22 I will never know.

It made Randy look so weak yesterday, that they might as well pull the plug on that match now, and have Undertaker face Batista instead.

Armageddon was absolute pants! I feel ripped off watching the PPV for free!

Lashley vs Regal and Burchill = Lashley is the most unimpressive monster ever! Regal and Burchill should be getting pushed in the tag divison instead of jobbing.

JBL vs Matt Hardy = JBL has lost all of his direction and has turned into a midcarder, this is tragic! How long will it be till Matt Hardy is released again? However there are few marks who like him to be fair.

Kid Kash vs Juventud = This should have been fantastic, however WWE have watered dowmn both of their characters and they are not half the men they should be! I was the biggest Kid Kash mark in the world, I loved the egomanic who beat women and spat in Abyss's face. However I dont care because the WWE have watered him down.

Chris Benoit vs Booker T = With Booker about to win the feud I would never of expected Benoit to win (sarcasm). I hate Sharmell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big Show and Kane vs Batista and Rey = Another match I hated! I hate interpromotional stuff it upsets the balance of the roster split.

MNM vs Mexicools = MNM won a match which hardly means anything as the tag titles dont.

Rany Orton vs The Undertaker = This was a good match and a nice spectacle to behold. However it was obvious Taker was due a win over Orton.

The PPV in whole absolutely sucked!

1 out of ten!

Well heres my views.....

Taker v Orton - Much better than I thought it would be. Brutal, packed with good spots, good pyschology and well paced. Very entertaining and just about justified the £14.95

Rey/Batista v Show/Kane - Nice and short and exciting. Good tempo anmd didnt drag as I thought it would and a good result.

Benoit v Booker - I thought this would bore me but in the 4th match of the series they give us a good PPV-worthy match.

Kash v Juvi - Why they didnt go all out and give us the sort of match we know they are capable of Ill never know. Dull as dishwater

Mexicools v MnM - Smae comments and rating as above....a let down ruined by MnM having to drop the belts last week. One or two spots decent

Lashley v Regeal/Birchill - Pointless and Im still not sold on Lashely

JBL v Hardy - A pointless match on the card simply to get two of the biggest names on SD on the event. Decent though

Overall a poor poor PPV saved only by the Hell In A Cell

Kash v Juvi - Why they didnt go all out and give us the sort of match we know they are capable of Ill never know. Dull as dishwater

You forget WWE logic.

Big Men = Good (especially Big Muscular Men).

Little Men (who aren't Rey) = Bad.

So, Little Men cannot do moves that the Big Men aren't physically capable of. This means that Little Men matches are now boring as hell.

I simply cannot how Undertaker was booked to win this match. Sure it's Hell in a Cell but geez, Randy needs this win considering his upcoming 'major push'.

Disgusted.

He didn't need it at all, Randy has been overpushed as it is, he's probably winning the Rumble too not that he deserves it.

I didn't order this but it sounds like another dismal SD! PPV from what I've read. The Tim White vignette sounds ridiculous. The only thing that really interests me in this PPV was Kash/Juvi. I'll have to download it. Just like everyone else, I'm baffled as to why the Undertaker was put over Randy Orton in the cell. Maybe they're bailing out of Orton's uber-push.

I thuroughly enjoyed Armegeddon more so then Survivor Series which lacked so much match quality and overall PPV importance.

The Hardy/JBL opener was decent but personally I'm tired of seeing JBL go over so much better and more push-worthy talent. I like that he's stuck in the midcard but he shouldn't be winning matches when he should be making amends for his awefully lackluster title reign of 2004.

MNM/Crazy & Psicosis tag match wasn't as good as expected but could have been a lot worse. I'm just glad Animal and Heidenreich aren't the champions anymore, alright match.

Booker T/Benoit was quite good no thanks to Sharmell. I have nothing againts Booker T but having Sharmell in his corner almost kills all of his matches, they better dump her soon if they wan't to treat this best of 7 series with any importance.

Lashley/Regal & Burchill should have been the opener, it was a mess and a waste of valuable TV time. Lashley does not impress me at all with this "Goldberg" push he's getting.

The Kash/Juventud Cruserweight title was an excellent match nerely killed by a dumb crowd. Attending WWE fans are idiots, period.

Show & Kane/Batista & Mysterio was an abortion. Show and Kane are only good when they're squashing jobber tag teams and Batista can't work a match worth a toss. Mysterio was the only entertaining aspect i had going into this match and even he had nothing to work with. Utterly poort match, Batista is a travesty to the company. Both as a wrestler and as champion.

Now before I get into Taker/Orton HIAC, let me stress that I have not a care in the world for Orton or which direction he goes from here much less an ounce of interest for the rumored Batista/Orton Wrestlemania headline which will no doubt be another main event stinker like WM 22 was. With that said, I was delighted to see Taker totally squash that worthless fratboy. This match had all the indications that Orton was going to go over Taker yet again in unremarkable fasion, I'm so glad the bookers decided to let Taker penn his magic finger and deem Orton "unworthy". I must say I'm surprised, christmas has come early for me. Randy Orton is a desgrace to the company and wrestlers all around the world, he does not deserve to go over the likes of Taker in an event as prestigious (for what it's worth) as Hell in a Cell. Although this match hardly holds up to the classic Foley matches, it's a classic in my book for the simple fact that Orton didn't win. And this was better then any HHH HIAC match that preceeded this (HHH-Batista was pahetic, as was HHH-Kevin Nash). I hope they just can Orton's push into the future after this, smartest decision the bookers have made in years. Orton's push was a waste. Oh yeah, and Taker celebrating ontop of the cell staring down the bloodied Orton's=awesome. Brilliant end to a PPV. Damn, I couldn't be more happy.

Edited by New Jake

I thuroughly enjoyed Armegeddon more so then Survivor Series which lacked so much match quality and overall PPV importance.

Do you honestly believe that? Every match was either good or great at the Survivor Series apart from Long vs Bischoff, Armageddon had a couple of good matches, and Tim White 'killed' himself in one of the dumbest angles I've ever seen. Survivor Series was much better than Armageddon.

I reckon when Orton does go over Taker, and i say WHEN not if. They're going to do it right this time and put him over clean. No Cowboy Bob, no gimmick, no DQ. A clean victory. Yup, i did say it, i reckon it will happen. This just gives randy more fuel to add the fire he's started to show recently...

Oh come on!

Trish Stratus vs Melina?

John Cena vs Kurt Angle (Angle can't work **** with this guy)?

Theodore Long vs Eric Bischoff?

HHH vs Flair for the 2nd ****ing time (all of HHH's last man standing matches are overrated)?

All those matches can go in the trash. The Benoit/Booker T match had NOTHING on the Armegeddon match and the brand vs brand main event was only good up untill the second half after Kane and Show got eliminated, it was garbage for the rest and was only booked to build up momentum for the Orton/Taker feud.

Armegeddon was much better.

Oh come on!

Trish Stratus vs Melina?

HHH vs Flair for the 2nd ****ing time (all of HHH's last man standing matches are overrated)?

All those matches can go in the trash. The Benoit/Booker T match had NOTHING on the Armegeddon match and the brand vs brand main event was only good up untill the second half after Kane and Show got eliminated, it was garbage for the rest and was only booked to build up momentum for the Orton/Taker feud.

Armegeddon was much better.

Both PPV's were garbage!

Oh come on!

Trish Stratus vs Melina?

Trish vs Melina was good all things considering, especially considering that Melina is a non-wrestler. Cena vs Angle was good and Angle has carried Cena to a good match nearly everytime they've wrestled. I already said that apart from Bischoff vs Long, every match was good, HHH vs Flair was very good as was the main event.

Armageddon had Kid Kash vs Juventud and Booker T vs Benoit. The rest of the matches were either average or crap.

I'm gonna post my more in-depth views, as seen on WRESTLINGOBSERVER.COM ;)

In typical non-GAB SmackDown! fashion, the show was far better than it had

any right to be. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean that it was worth the

money to watch it. All of the matches were actually decent enough. Chris

Benoit and Booker T worked hard, and I'm enjoying their feud together.

Sharmell is annoying, and doing a great job as a heel manager, so props to

her for her involvement. The MNM team are still one of my favourite teams of

the past five years, and they needed the win more than the Mexicools, even

though I'm not a hater of Crazy and Psicosis. Kash and Juventud worked hard,

and had a far better match that I thought they'd be allowed to. It's a shame

that they're treated as nothing more than crap, because it's the lack of

heat that ruined it, as it ruins most cruiserweight matches. The WWE'll

probably see it as more reason why they shouldn't be pushed any more. The

tag team match was good, but Batista is worrying me with his reckless

abandon. Some call it guts but I call it stupidity, and I hope he is forced

to take time off for a bit, until he is at least in better condition than

right now. Furthermore, RAW winning just shocked and saddened me. I think it

was the wrong place and time to have a RAW win. The HIAC match was good, but

a let down purely because they teased a big bump, and it never came. It just

didn't live up to the hype, although it was still a great match in its own

right as most of their matches tend to be. Of course, Lashley v

Regal/Burchill was a throwaway match, and I doubt anyone'll remember JBL v

Hardy anytime soon, but on the whole, good show.

The problem was Tim White. I can excuse the booking of certain matches, and

the apathy from the crowd. I can even have a hearty laugh at the Boogeyman

and Vito. But the Tim White deal has no upside whatsoever. It didn't get the

HIAC match over, it didn't get Josh over (I hated him before and if they

actually wanted us to believe that White killed himself, Josh killed all

traces of its credibility like the moron he is), and it did nothing for Tim.

It was a waste of time, it was a waste of money, and it should never have

happened on PPV or TV or otherwise. It wasn't even offensive. It was just

plain crap. Whats worse is that come Friday, I bet no one will even mention

it. It makes you question what the point was. Unfortunately, most of the PPV

left me asking that, and that's why I cannot give it a full thumbs up.

Here's hoping for something special at New Years Revolution.

Oh, and as an aside, funny Royal Rumble advert, as usual.

Trish vs Melina was good all things considering' date=' especially considering that Melina is a non-wrestler. Cena vs Angle was good and Angle has carried Cena to a good match nearly everytime they've wrestled. I already said that apart from Bischoff vs Long, every match was good, HHH vs Flair was very good as was the main event.[/quote']

A womens match good? Please...

The only memorable Angle/Cena contest was they're first match at No Mercy 2003 when the fan momentum was reversed. Since then they're matches have been avarage with they're last one falling critically below. And anything with HHH or an out-of-shape old and saggy Ric Flair is bound to lack interest and so did they're last man standing match, utterly boring. The main even was bollocks, two crappy rosters in a poorly built up interbrand 5 man tag match. Lack of worthwile talent and horrendous match exits killed this one.

Armageddon had Kid Kash vs Juventud and Booker T vs Benoit. The rest of the matches were either average or crap.

Which is saying a lot more then for the matches at Survivor Series.