Talk Wrestling Online Community Newsletter #129 - Is Multiculturalism working?

Christof

==================================

Talk Wrestling Online Community Newsletter

Issue 129 – 18th December 2005

==================================

The Editorial

So week two of the new newsletter and we see the addition of two new features. Shooting from the Hip with Miss.T will discuss forum issues with new participants every week. Whilst One Question and One Question Only from Moobs is indeed a poor Soccer AM rip off. It's a bit of fun none the less. No main event unfortunately this week, but fear not it will be returning next week.

If you want to participate in the newsletter please don't hesitate to contact either myself or Moobs.

Christof

Newsletter Editor

--------------------------------------------------------------

Talk Wrestling Online Subscribers

A big thanks to all the Talk Wrestling Online Subscribers:

A.C., ahsatan, Alan, Anime_Otaku, aziraphale, BeltMark, Brett Banner, Buff, Chris2k, Christof, Dante, Darkies Gem, Darkstar, Devilish Angel, Drake, DraVen

Draven Cage, Edgehead, Evil Gringo, F_View, HSM, Inno, Jonny, Jono, K.J, MillionLiraMan, Miss.T, Moobs, MrFill, Popsi, Prototype, Ravenmark, Rey Mysterio, Saracen, Spiritchaser, sunflower, Tajiri, Taki, Telf, TGO, The Crippler, The Maxx, Twiggie, Verb, weberika and wyndorf!

To find out how you can help support Talk Wrestling Online and become a subscriber see:

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18665

Plugs for this week

Talk Wrestling Online Community Awards 2005 - voting

Talk Wrestling Online & Wrestling 101s WWE/TNA 2005 Awards

Total Extreme Wrestling 2005 competition

Video Games quiz with prize

Talk Wrestling Online - Chatrooms

http://img452.imageshack.us/img452/8949/arm3tb.jpg

Join us on Sunday 18th December from 8pm UK time for the Armageddon PPV Quiz and Chat in the TWO Chatroom.

PPV Quiz

The Quiz will take place from 8-9pm in the Quiz Room, for more info see the Quiz Page:

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/wrestling-quiz.php (includes current leaderboard)

Quiz participants will be tested on their knowledge of all kinds of wrestling topics, but special attention should be paid to the history of previous WWE December PPVs, and since Quizmaster Colin is running things, the career highs and lows of Don Callis.

Anyone can take part in the quiz, you do not need to register, just turn up in the Quiz Room at 8pm (UK Time).

PPV Chat

The PPV Chat will take place after the quiz, from 9pm to 1am (UK Time). Talk to fellow TWO users about the PPV, and give your thoughts on each match! Can Randy Orton survive Hell In A Cell? Will Booker T manage to win the Best Of 7 Series in a clean sweep? Who will win the Raw Vs SD! tag team match? Discuss it in the TWO Chatrooms!

So don't miss out on a night of fun, join us for the Talk Wrestling Online Armageddon Quiz and Chat! Don't forget, WWE Armageddon takes place on Sunday 18th December, and the evening's activities begin at 8pm, starting with the Quiz. We'll see you there, in the chatroom!

Talk Wrestling Online Member of the Week

Village Idiot Award

WHO IS TWO MEMBER OF THE WEEK?

Antihero – A great addition to the community. Making some well thought out contributions since joining

WHO IS TWO VILLAGE IDIOT THIS WEEK?

The TWO Server – The TWO Server just shades it over Mr Perfect’s signature as the most annoying thing this week. I’m sure if more people subscribed we could speed this place up! :xyx

---------------------------------------------------------------

Forum Threads of the Week

WRESTLING THREAD OF THE WEEK

Dave7g’s - Benoit gone from WWE – Dave’s bombshell has everyone discussing the possibilites

NON WRESTLING THREADS OF THE WEEK

Draven’s – **** this ****ing world (another rant) – A Happy outlook provides a good read

TWOstars – Xtreme TV 43 – Well, its not every day we have a new faction!

The week that was....

.... The week that is

The week that was...

SUNDAY

It's part of Kam's sneaky plan. You see Christof is working for Kam now, people will now subscribe to see how the great the Champagne room is, and Kam gets more money.

Has Devilish Angel uncovered a badly formed plan? maybe, but we’ll never know :xyx

MONDAY

Overrated. Definition: Burchill, by UK fans desperate for someone to get behind

DraVen makes a valid point

TUESDAY

For some reason I still think that it's a work. I don't know why though – Danny Styles

He was out of shape and ring rusty so they may have signed him and then struck a deal for him to go over to Japan and get back into the swing of things before he returns to the WWE as good as new – The Hitman

Is it a work, is it a shoot? Maybe Brock Lesnar is out of shape on purpose!?!

WEDNESDAY

I can’t believe you didn’t mention the ring, it gets wrestled in but it still doesn’t get a mention in the top 25

Mr Perfect begs the question of The Power is Back’s kayfabe 25 list

THURSDAY

I hate it when people just go to uni so they'll have a 25k a year job.

Amy shows us that generations of young people were wrong, just wrong

FRIDAY

Yes it would be murder, but it should be allowed because he was coming into my house for evil reasons. How is that person who breaks into my house helping the world? Whereas I am ridding it of scum.

Hoffmeister gives another display of his Daily Star columnist credentials

SATURDAY

Man Yoo fan then?

MOTW Antihero sums up Daz’s post in an instant

The Week that is....

SUNDAY 18th

2000 - Undertaker & the Rock defeated Edge & Christian for the WWF Tag Team title

MONDAY 19th

1985 - Dusty Rhodes defeated Buddy Landell for the Georgia National Heavyweight title

1999 - Madusa defeated Evan Karagias for the WCW Cruiserweight title

2000 - Edge & Christian defeated Undertaker & the Rock for the WWF Tag Team title

TUESDAY 20th

1999 - Chris Jericho and Chyna pinned each other to become co-holders of the WWF Intercontinental title

1999 - Bret Hart defeated Goldberg for the WCW Heavyweight title

WEDNESDAY 21st

1992 - Jeff Jarrett defeated Brian Christopher for the USWA Southern Heavyweight title

THURSDAY 22nd

2000 - Raven defeated Steve Blackman for the WWF Hardcore title

FRIDAY 23rd

1999 - Mike Awesome defeated Masato Tanaka for the ECW World Heavyweight title

SATURDAY 24th

2000 - Controversial announcer Mark Madden was fired by WCW

Member Spotlight

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/images/members/rey.jpg

FORUM USERNAME: Rey Mysterio

WHAT DOES IT MEAN? It's the name of my favourite wrestler, Rey Mysterio.

FIRST THING YOU POSTED ON THE FORUM: A thread on how boring I found Chris Benoit, as I remember it the whole of TWO ganged up against me on that one, hehe. I haven't said anything about Benoit's boringness since...

FIRST WRESTLER YOU CHEERED FOR: Rey Mysterio, the mask and style of wrestling attracted me. The colour of his attire and movement had me stuck to the screen.

FIRST WRESTLER YOU BOOOOOOOOOED: Can't remember to be honest. Probably Big Show, he's big and round, and bounces on the ground.

CURRENT FAVOURITE WRESTLER, AND WHY? Rey Mysterio (again) because of the colour in his attire and wrestling skill. He's innovative and always a character the crowd can feel for. Plus, the guys tiny and still tumbles guys like JBL, he rocks!

CURRENT MOST HATED WRESTLER, AND WHY? JBL, his arrogance really annoys me, and that smile, urgghhh! He needs to die, and quick.

FAVOURITE WWE BRAND: Smackdown

FAVOURITE INDY FED (IF ANY): TNA

NEXT BIG STAR: Shelton Benjamin

WHAT HAND DO YOU WRITE WITH: Left, hey, did you steal this idea from my thread...thief!!

BEETHOVEN OR EMINEM: Eminem

FAVOURITE MATCH: Don't know. Too many good ones. The TLC ones with the Hardy's a very good though.

FAVOURITE THEME MUSIC EVER: Beverly Hills Cop.

IF YOU COULD CHOOSE ANYONE TO BE WORLD CHAMPION, WHO WOULD IT BE: Me.

MONTREAL: WHO WAS RIGHT, BRET OR VINCE: Bret

WHAT WAS THE FIRST WRESTLING SHOW YOU REMEMBER: The Smackdown where Big Show got covered in crap. That's as far back as I can recall.

BATMAN OR SPIDER-MAN? Spidey. Anyday.

FAVOURITE FINISHER: The 619.

FAVOURITE CHANT: Get Tha Sucka!

BEST WRESTLER NEVER TO BE WORLD CHAMPION: Rob Van Damm

FAVOURITE DIVA / WOMEN'S WRESTLER: Torrie Wilson, same last name as me.

WHAT'S YOUR DESKTOP WALLPAPER: Green Day, a hand with a bomb in it.

WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE QUOTE: "They think it's all over, it is now!" - That commentator guy, from the 1966 World Cup final.

OUTSIDE OF TWO, WHAT DO YOU ACTUALLY DO? I'm a student at high school. I play for the local football (soccer) side. I also watch TV and lounge about like a usual teenager.

AND ANY LAST BITS OF INFORMATION YOU ARE WILLING TO SHARE WITH THE MEMBERS OF TWO? I will rule the world!!! You'll see, you'll all see....

Community Poll

Moobs

After a not so great start last week we've got a new, better question. This week's Community Poll asks the question, What do you prefer, Liqourice or Fruit Allsorts? We're lookign for your votes and your opinions, the best of which will be published next week.

What do you prefer?

Shooting from the Hip

Miss.T

Ok so first time around for this column. This week is the first part of two from Miss.T in which she discusses the TWO Community Awards with Russ, Chris2K and BRM

Miss.T: Right, Welcome to shooting from the hip. This weeks topic is the TWO Community Awards and my guests are Russ, BRM + Chris2k

Russ: You should know the easy ones, Best Member, Funniest Member, Best Chatter, Best Chat Mod, Best Debator, er...Best Forum Leader, Best Wrestling Forum, best other forum. Is that all? Best Avatar and Best Sig too

Miss.T: Okay, so.. Best Debater. Who do you think should win and why?

Chris2K: Jung. He debates well.

BRM: I believe you have to look in the US forum for best debater, Just of the debates between Beltmark, Jack and Evil Gringo have been fantastic

Russ: Beltmark or Jack will win, Beltmark or Jack deserve to win. Maybe more so with Jack. He includes pictures in some of his posts, which are easy on the eye. But Beltmark makes up for that with DESTRUCITY

BRM: Beltmark should not win though because he has blinkered vision when it comes to Warrior and Hogan

Chris2K: I find that Beltmark and Jack's debating tends to include bias quite often, whereas Jung tends to be impartial

Miss.T: Beltmark loves Hogan a bit too much

Russ: You don't think it's normal to dress your girlfriend in nothing but red and yellow feather boas and a title belt?

BRM: I watched Hogan on MTV cribs yesterday; he really is an odd man

Miss.T: He’s a cool old man though

Russ: Hogan slammed the 900lbs Andre The Giant at Wrestlemania 1 just days before Andre died

Chris2K: In front of 435,000 fans in the New York Superdome

BRM: nearly half a million shame they couldn’t fill it up

Miss.T: Quite a lot of the awards are controversial this year. Let’s go to best Other Forum

Chris2K: I um... really love the Other Forum award!!!

Miss.T: So, TWOStars is in it. Right or Wrong?

Chris2K: Wrong

BRM: Other sports has become too cliquey with people just posting Manchester united related news stories

Chris2K: I've got nothing against it, but it's a wildcard

BRM: Twostars should have there own awards

Chris2K: They do, their award show was posted three days ago

BRM: Well stay out of the community ones then

Chris2K: I voted Video Games, only there can you see my Nintendo-biased opinions

BRM: should be renamed the simulation forum incorporating other video games

Miss.T: I really, really want General chat to win

BRM: well start a campaign, like I did last year with my vote Todd 2004 campaign which failed terribly

Miss.T: I never knew you had a campaign

BRM: I sent pm’s to everyone took me a whole night. Then I had it in my signature. Not going to bother this year he's let his standards slip

Russ: What did I miss?

Miss.T: TWOstars

Russ: TWOStars isn't a discussion forum and shouldn't be involved in actual forum awards, I'd say the same thing if I was involved, they should have their own set of awards and that should be enough

BRM: I don't bother with TWOStars so they wouldn’t get my vote

Miss.T: Next one! Wrestling forums... is there a clear winner?

Chris2K: of course

Russ: Yes. One horse race.

BRM: US forum already has this tied up for the next 10 million years

Russ: There's always going to be 3 or 4 ironic votes for PRDZ

BRM: does PRDZ need a forum leader

Chris2K: I was once PRDZ leader, so I'll take that

BRM: I’m the only one here that’s not a site worker, give me the job

Miss.T: Now the big one. Funniest member

Russ: I'm disappointed that it wasn't called The Russ Award For Outstanding Achievement In The Field Of Comedy. The Russie for short.

Chris2K: or the Russo

BRM: I’m disappointed you've been nominated again

Russ: If Brazil have taught us anything, it's winning something 3 times lets you have the award named after you

Chris2K: I think it has to be Russ or Colin, but apparently Wyndorf is the favourite

Russ: Last year I conceded defeat to AC who brought the humour via text and photoshops, but I still won, so this year I'm once again not expecting much. I'd like to see Colin do well too though, because he's funnier than just about everyone else at TWO but because most of his comedy happens during drama threads, people don't want to laugh at it

Russ: I think Wyndorf will win too, he's a funny, popular guy who'll have a lot of support and at least one guarenteed vote. AC and Inno will be up there too, I don't think I'll be able to do it and nor will Colin, but it's probably one of the closest awards

BRM: I like trash, hes funny not sure if he's nominated

though

Russ: Trash is funny, but he's not nominated, so all he has to hope for is an Oscar for Driving Home For Christmas

BRM: He’d better win the best avatar then, nothing funnier than giraffe with underpants on it's head

Miss.T: Am I gonna win best chat mod?

BRM: nope

Miss.T: DA will, I know it

Chris2K: I should be nominated for that

Miss.T: No way

Russ: To be honest, it's another very close poll with a lot of strong candidates which makes me happy, because when I'm not being ironic, sarcastic Russ with a heart of stone, I'm pleased to see the chatroom doing well and mods putting in a good shift, so well done and thanks to everyone nominated

BRM: I won't be voting in this category, I would of been voting for DA but I’m friends with people. With people your not friends with and I can't vote because of that.

Chris2K: I tend not to have friends

BRM: I like DA and she should win.

Chris2K: SHOOT ALERT

Russ: I don't mind who wins. I employ them all, so whoever gets the most votes shows I made a good choice by keeping them on or hiring them

Miss.T: Maybe DA will win chat member too?

BRM: I’ll be voting in that category not sure whom for though

Miss.T: I bet you'll vote perfect

BRM: maybe DA because she deserves it

Russ: I always saw it as Best Mod is person who handles the rules the best and keeps good discussion coming. Best chatter is the person who contributed most to the room, regardless of mod powers. DA has done both, so I'd expect her to win at least one of these awards

Chris2K: i don't really get that

Russ: Best Mod example: "Hey guys what do you think of HHH?" Best Chatter example: "I think HHH is a good guy who does stuff"

Miss.T: I don’t do either

Russ: But you have boobs so you get nominated

Miss.T: Did boobs get you nominated too?

Russ: Yeah, I've done an Anti-Redman, I'm a girl

BRM: TWO best boobs award for 2006

Russ: internetgirloftheyear

BRM: all female two members and saracen have to post a

picture of there boobs

Russ: Then Anime Otuko's head explodes

TWOStars Update

- By Darkstar

TWOStars Update

In full results from Xtreme TV 42:

To open the show The Future unveiled their new stablemate; TWOStars United States Champion "Violent" Vinnie Vengeance.

In the following segments Evil Gringo and Arkham both arrive and give interviews to Todd Grisham....well, Dr Handsolo gives one interview.............

Evil Gringo then heads to the ring where he challanges former Extreme Revolution ownerDeadman to a tag match at Zero Tolerance. The stipulation is that the fans will pick Deadmans partner. Gringos partner for the match turns out to be his former stablemate (and the man who took the TWOStars Heavyweight Championship from him) The Incredible Holt!!!

Chris Eagles loses via countout to Keith Jaxx.

In a squash, TWOStars tag Team Champions Jimmy Redman and The Judge beat two jobbers in a tables match.

In Darkstars moment of the week Sickness of The Dark Alliance throws himself through a burning table to send a message to the tag champions about their match at Zero Tolerance.

The schedualed match between Black Dragon and V3 is declared a no contest as The Lonely Avenger attacks the US Champion before the bell rings.

In a 6 man tag match The Dark Alliance and Deadman beat the team of Micheal Howell III, his butler Niles and Twiggie when Sickness hits a Dimond Dust on the butler.....Deadman however gets the pin.

IN the Main Event (and match of the night) TWOStars Heavyweight Champion Brett Banner makes Dante Mueller tap out.

Shopping Navigator

Shopping online in the UK? Check out

Shopping Navigator!

With over 100 online UK stores listed and forums with special offers and discount voucher codes, don’t shop without visiting here first!

:biggringi

Wrestling 101 Info Centre

Latest Wrestling 101 Articles:

- The Good, The Bad and The Ugly #4

- UK Scene #200 *Special Edition*

- The must have Wrestling related presents this Christmas

The Mid Card

Anime Okatu

With racially motivated riots in Birmingham, France and Australia some may be asking themselves

Is Multiculturalism working?

My answer would actually be a resounding 'Yes!' as these incidents though major are also fairly isolated as for the most part people can live in peace but for a few who don't really follow their supposed Religion and use terror to try to divide us or create tensions. For instance the fighting in Birmingham was started by what seems to have been a total lie that a young Afro Caribbean girl was raped by a gang of Asian men and this seems to have come from outside the community trying to use underlying tensions to pull apart the community.

One reason I would defend Multiculturalism is that it is not new, it has been around for Millennia. If not for Multiculturalism Britain would be totally different right down to its name. Britain is derived from Britannia which was the Roman name for the country, much of our language is from outside influences too. Shampoo and Soap are from India where they were in fact invented. Words like difficult are French, there is also a Germanic influence as Old English was brought over by the Normans.

Moving into more recent times the country's most popular food is the great British Curry... hold on, that’s actually an Indian dish there is also the large amount of people Immigrating to the country from outside bringing with them food and customs that we otherwise would never experience and provided they help the country I have no problems with people coming here to either find work or escape from oppressive regimes. At the same time many British people are moving to sunnier climes such as Spain and Australia for a quieter, healthier, and frankly a damn sight warmer, life for themselves and their children.

America and to an extent Australia are entirely built upon Multiculturalism as they are both countries that were started by immigrants that had to work along side each other to build their nations and America in particular has be very successful.

Of course it’s not all great, there are extremists on all sides from the BNP, Combat 18 and the KKK to the Black Panthers, Nation of Islam and of course several radical Muslim Clerics and Evangelical Christians that want to end it and hate other races and religions. These people though vocal are really in a minority over all but their influence can be worrying and has lead to some crazy Christmas related Political Correctness where Christmas lights have been banned for fear of offending Muslims. For their part when someone actually ASKS them the Muslim Council's response is basically 'We don't even care'.

Britain and America are Christian countries supposedly so it makes sense to have Christmas celebrations but equally I see no reason not to make more fuss about things like Chinese new year and the Jewish Passover just as much, personally I love the watching the Lion dance when I see something about Chinese new year, I'm also a big fan of Lucky Money. If not for multiculturalism we as a people would be poorer culturally and economically as we need immigrant labour fill gaps in the workforce particularly dentistry and construction, as well as for trade on an international level.

Also the internet really relies on the idea that all cultures can get along together and exchange ideas even if they are opposing each other and the debate gets heated. (Hi Simon!) On TWO we have people from all corners of Britain as well as across the length and breadth of America, Puerto Rico, Europe, the Middle East and Australia.

So in my own view Multiculturalism can work but a few things really need to happen, less PC idiocy and oversensitivity, more education to stamp out sectarianism, racism and a few other ism's and better integration between communities to try to remove some tensions without people losing their cultural Identity. I intend to do my bit to aid the last one by marrying Lucy Liu :D

To paraphrase Bruce Willis "Can't we all just get along?, Yes we can!"

One Question and One Question Only

Moobs

Ok so it’s a Soccer AM rip off but here is Moobs with his one question and one question only to one lucky Talk Wrestling Online member

Hold Tight Bruv! Welcome to the first ever edition of Moobs' Question (Soccer AM fans will get this)! Each week I will choose a forum member and ask them a random question. So, time to get the ball rolling!

USERNAME: Devilish Angel

QUESTION: "If you were an animal, what animal would you be and why?"

ANSWER: "Might sound stupid, but probably a fly. I'm sure everybody has heard the expression "I'd like to be a fly on the wall", there are certain situations that I would love to witness without being seen."

So, there you have it. DA wants to be a fly.. strange, I always thought of her as more of a cat person.. Anyway, thats it for this weeks edition! Feedback will be much appreciated.

Bye for now.

Final Thoughts

Well that's it for this week. Next week's addition will be a day earlier, landing on your doorsteps just in time for Christmas (unlike my Wrestlemania Anthology DVD)!!!!

Thanks for reading!

Christof

Newsletter Editor

Contributors

With thanks to our contributors for this issue:

===============================

Edited by Christof

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miss T says:

Threesome

Mr Perfect says:

threesome with big craig and Miss T. *shudders*

Miss T says:

Ew. Its not Big Craig! Its little craig. Anyway No being funny, we havent started

Russ says:

hey guyz big craig here i wanna play da newsletter dudez lol

BRM says:

i like your hat

Russ says:

lol thnx

Miss T says:

Okay

Miss T says:

Everyone else is ignoring me

BRM says:

puffs

Miss T says:

Shall I change my font so you can read it?

Mr Perfect says:

yes

BRM says:

yes!

Russ says:

no

Miss T says:

I love it!

Miss T says:

oooh I like this one

BRM says:

thats better and more elegant

Miss T says:

Okay

Miss T says:

Im common

Miss T says:

Like ****i

Miss T says:

right

Miss T says:

Screw everyone else

Miss T says:

we're only having three

BRM says:

4 including you

Miss T says:

Okay

Miss T says:

Right

Russ says:

I can't read this on my laptop

Miss T says:

Ready?

BRM says:

as ever

Mr Perfect says:

shall i ask Marcus?

Russ says:

Hang on. I need to get dressed

Miss T says:

Three is fine

Mr Perfect says:

k

Miss T says:

Okay welcome to Shooting From The Jip

Miss T says:

Hip*

Mr Perfect says:

jip haha

Russ says:

Shooting Gypsies?

Russ says:

I love it already

Miss T says:

Theres only one rule, no shooting

BRM says:

shame

Russ says:

On gypsies

Mr Perfect says:

*puts gun away*

BRM says:

they took my land

Russ says:

Steal their Calor Gas tanks

BRM says:

blow them up more like

Russ says:

That's gypsie murder

Mr Perfect says:

killing gypsy's isnt murder

BRM says:

your point being?

Mr Perfect says:

it legal

Mr Perfect says:

well, it is to me

Miss T says:

Ive lost the file with all the questions in it!

Russ says:

Let's just discuss gypsies instead

Miss T says:

Okay

Miss T says:

Will have to do it off the top of my head

BRM says:

they should wash there caravans more often

Miss T says:

Right, so... who are you all and why do we know you at TWO?

Russ says:

I'm Big Craig, I'm always in the chatroom, I think I'm up for a TWOsies and I have a hat.

BRM says:

I'm Ssur my only friend is Russ and i'm a big puff.

Mr Perfect says:

I'm Mr Perfect, i used to be in the chatroom all the time but the forums is just as good so i dont venture into the chatroom anymore unless i have to. yep, that's it

Miss T says:

This is going to be a nightmare

Russ says:

Hey Russ, there's a cycling competition going on in the wooded area across the motorway from your flat, and some arse with a megaphone is shouting stuff and annoying me

Russ says:

I mean you

Mr Perfect says:

who said it would be easy

Russ says:

Whatever

Miss T says:

Im confused

Mr Perfect says:

as always

Miss T says:

Christof is on my back about the deadline

BRM says:

shall we start again?

Russ says:

Christof is on your back. TWO SEX SCANDAL

Miss T says:

No, the show must go on.

BRM says:

had a few of those recently

Russ says:

Shows or sex scandals?

BRM says:

both i guess

Russ says:

I'd pay to see a Sex Scandal Show

Russ says:

Bill Clinton could do cabaret with David Blunket

BRM says:

check out TWOstars next month

Mr Perfect says:

ok now im confused

Russ says:

I recommend putting a little bit of olive oil over your pizza before putting it in the oven, it comes out crispier and full of flavour!

Mr Perfect says:

BRM says:

i often find i have problems with the base becoming rather soggy

Miss T says:

Who are your favourite posters and Why?

Mr Perfect says:

Wyndorf, he's funny as f***

Russ says:

I have a Pulp Fiction poster with Samuel L Jackson and John Travolta in black and white. It's stuck up by bluetack.

Miss T says:

No, seriously

Miss T says:

Is it me?

Mr Perfect says:

you, lol good joke

Mr Perfect says:

oh your serious....

BRM says:

i don't have a favorite poster.

Miss T says:

What do you all do in the “Real World”, You got a job, a social life?

Russ says:

You don't want to put on too much olive oil though, or it all runs to the middle and makes your pizza greasy

Russ says:

I live on my W101 salary and I play old TWO Radio episodes and pretend Colin, Draven, Simon and Chris are talking to me.

BRM says:

yes i have a job, but it's boring so i won't bore you with it. My social life is rather funky though but as of late it has seen me being escorted off certain premises

Miss T says:

I hate trouble makers

Mr Perfect says:

i work with my dad (he's a fireman & a caretaker at my old school) i help him with stuff at the school like building things, i have a gf called Kelsey and i go out with my buddies whenever we all have free time.

Russ says:

In agriculture, olive oil is an oil extracted from the fruit of the European olive tree (Olea europaea L.), which originated in the Mediterranean area.

Miss T says:

Kelsey?

Mr Perfect says:

yes...Kelsey

Mr Perfect says:

kel...sey

Russ says:

Who do you think you got, Kelsey Clinton?

Russ says:

Then Jackie Chan kicked someone

Miss T says:

Do you have to be intelligent to get that?

Russ says:

Only if you consider Rush Hour to be fine European cinema

Russ says:

My daddy once caughted a bullet...catched a bullet with his bare hands

BRM says:

did it hurt?

Miss T says:

Whats your favourite thing about TWO?

Miss T says:

Lets stop this china thing now!

BRM says:

the TWPO newsletter probe, thats well cool, can't wait for the next one

Russ says:

Jackie Chan is from Hong Kong and Chris Tucker is from America

BRM says:

*TWO

Mr Perfect says:

talking about wrestling

Mr Perfect says:

thats about it.....

Miss T says:

Be serious guys! Your ruining it Whats your favourite thing about TWO?

Mr Perfect says:

to be honest T there wasnt anything to ruin

Miss T says:

Get out!

Mr Perfect says:

haha you cant make me

BRM says:

Miss T is going to get fired!

Miss T says:

Does this suck?

Mr Perfect says:

yes

Russ says:

Yes

Russ says:

Get better people

BRM says:

yup

Miss T says:

Oh well, we'll carry on anyway

BRM says:

were hardly able to shoot from the hip though

BRM says:

sack christop

Miss T says:

Lets play a game... how about.. word association?

Mr Perfect says:

yeh ok

Russ says:

I prefer Jenga

Miss T says:

Right

Miss T says:

Lets go with...

Miss T says:

Cornwall

BRM says:

chavs

Mr Perfect says:

cornish pasty

Russ says:

I think it's an island near Wales

Miss T says:

Oh my god we dont have scabby chavs here!

BRM says:

pirates then

Mr Perfect says:

LMAO

Miss T says:

we have sexy surfers

BRM says:

now i know you have them

BRM says:

pirtaes that is

Mr Perfect says:

carry on with the words

Russ says:

I'm a sexy surfer. Of the INTERNET, BITCHES

Mr Perfect says:

your letting it slip!

Miss T says:

The Catholic Church

BRM says:

gilbert and sullivans pirates of penznace is cool

Russ says:

Roy Keane will disrupt Celtic's midfield balance

BRM says:

celebacy

Miss T says:

Can you stop telling me what to do! Im in charge!

Mr Perfect says:

confusing

BRM says:

i like catolics many of my friends are catholics.

Miss T says:

Death Penalty

Mr Perfect says:

stupid

BRM says:

boro 1 spurs 1

Russ says:

Wrath used it as a set up to The Meltdown in WCW, it was basically a standing Rock Bottom. It didn't look too bad, but no one bought it as a genuine finish.

Mr Perfect says:

Elix Skipper uses the death sentence, same thing right

Russ says:

I've never seen Skipper do a standing Rock Bottom

Mr Perfect says:

although Skipper's is a Emerald Fusion

BRM says:

please continue miss t

Miss T says:

... Cruelty to animals

Russ says:

He's used Sudden Death, which is a variation of the Emerald FROSION which is Nova's Kryptonite Krunch or CIMA's Schwein

Mr Perfect says:

i HATE cruetly to animals

Mr Perfect says:

makes me sick

Mr Perfect says:

animals have right aswell

Mr Perfect says:

rights*

BRM says:

i think we should feed people who are cruel to animals to the lions

Miss T says:

Are a vegitarian?

Russ says:

Animal deserves all of the cruelty he gets, everyone knows he's just there because he's Johnny Ace's brother

Mr Perfect says:

im not a vegitarian

BRM says:

vegetarians smell funny

Mr Perfect says:

Vegans smell worse

Russ says:

Are we using "Vegetation" as a euphemism for gay?

Miss T says:

So, do you not think its cruel to eat animals?

Mr Perfect says:

nope

BRM says:

nope

BRM says:

i'm eating a pig as i type

Russ says:

Probably, but it tastes great

BRM says:

animals eat animals and i'm a mammal so it's all fair

Miss T says:

Yeah but you said animals have rights too

Mr Perfect says:

they do

Russ says:

Last time I ate a pig I was going down on Miss T while she had a sandwich

Mr Perfect says:

but when there dead what can they do about it

BRM says:

yeah if they had the chance they could eat me

Miss T says:

Thats sick Russ

Miss T says:

Perfect, you are such a hipocrit!

Russ says:

I'm Big Craig

Russ says:

I'd eat hippo too

Mr Perfect says:

you missed an e Miss T

Miss T says:

I was gonna edit it in

Russ says:

ZOMG CENSORSHIP

Miss T says:

Okay

Miss T says:

..Peperami

Mr Perfect says:

eeewwww

BRM says:

yucky

Russ says:

AC told me an interesting fact. Look at the pork content of a Peperami and you'll be surprised

Russ says:

I won't spoil it, but it's interesting

Miss T says:

Thats quite alot of pork

Miss T says:

97%

Russ says:

No.

BRM says:

32%?

Russ says:

No.

Miss T says:

its 97%

Russ says:

Fine, I'll spoil it

Russ says:

108% pork.

Russ says:

If you don't believe me, check the wrapper

BRM says:

thats impressive

Miss T says:

Maybe Scottish people have dumb peperami makers

Russ says:

AC is Scottish then?

Miss T says:

Mine says 97%

Miss T says:

Is he?

Russ says:

AC told me it

BRM says:

they prefer square sausage north of the border

Russ says:

I checked it

Russ says:

My mind...BLOWN

Russ says:

I'm more partial to links myself, but I know a lot of people who eat square

Miss T says:

Whats everyones favourite food?

Mr Perfect says:

anytihng expect prunes

BRM says:

KFC

Russ says:

Sushi. It makes me feel like a yuppy.

Mr Perfect says:

anything*

Miss T says:

Eugh, Sushi is gross

Miss T says:

Wannabees eat it

Russ says:

Sushi is great and an excellent way to get laid

BRM says:

they have a nice sushi bar in the trafford center

Russ says:

"Hey, I'm taking you out for sushi" says "I'm adventurous, sophisticated and rich"

Russ says:

It also says I have fishbreath

Miss T says:

"hey, im a wannabee"

Mr Perfect says:

brb the fridge is calling me

Miss T says:

Whats your favourite...........

BRM says:

perfect has a fancy fridge

Miss T says:

Movie

Mr Perfect says:

back, my fridge rules, it gives me ice cudes

Mr Perfect says:

Mr Perfect says:

Snatch

Russ says:

Dr Horny And The Naughty Nurses, brilliantly parodied by Vince McMahon as Dr Heiny

Mr Perfect says:

Snatch, Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrells & Mean Machine

Miss T says:

And layer cake?

Russ says:

No, it doesn't have Vinnie

Russ says:

Gay for Vinnie and Mr Perfect. What a guy.

BRM says:

I really like batman Begins, but my favorite ever film is honest with all saints

Russ says:

AND Brian Conelly

Russ says:

It's a puppeeeeeet

Mr Perfectsays:

russ that is SO not funny

Russ says:

I'm Big Craig

Mr Perfect says:

yeh whatever russ

Miss T says:

Forums are broke I think

Russ says:

BIG CRAIG

Mr Perfect says:

RUSS

BRM says:

busted

Russ says:

I'll try and fix them

BRM says:

noticed a few glitches this morning

Miss T says:

Whats the most expensive thing you ever bought

BRM says:

html code showing and othe lil bits

Mr Perfect says:

yeh i clicked "new posts" and the forum appeared with no skin

Mr Perfect says:

like a Zombie forum...

BRM says:

my ferrari

Russ says:

An engagement ring

Miss T says:

Miss T says:

You were engaged?

Russ says:

No

BRM says:

who the prett girly Big Craig?

Russ says:

I bought it for my Action Man to wear as a crown

Mr Perfect says:

my dads Brithday Present

Miss T says:

What was that?

Mr Perfect says:

a necklace, ring & a watch

Russ says:

lol why dont u marry him

Miss T says:

Is that all?

Mr Perfect says:

because he's my dad...

BRM says:

what are the chances of christop being pissed off wehn he read this?

Mr Perfect says:

yes thats all but it cost alot

Russ says:

Christop In The Name Of Love

Russ says:

Wooooah woah woah

Miss T says:

Okay

Miss T says:

Lets make this intelligent

Russ says:

HAHA

Miss T says:

Um..

Miss T says:

I think we'll stop it here

Miss T says:

Thanks for taking part guys, any final words?

BRM says:

ahhh

Mr Perfect says:

finally

Mr Perfect left the conversation.

This whole thing is better than the Newsletter itself. And....

BRM says:

the TWPO newsletter probe, thats well cool, can't wait for the next one

.......is a good idea.

Edited by Craig

I'm deliberately trying to sabotage the Newsletter by quoting a whole big-ass post' date=' isn't that ignorant of me.[/quote']

There, fixed that for you all. :P

EDIT: Shouldn't "Shooting from the Hip" be renamed to "rehashing a thread that's already been done and putting it into the NewsLetter"?

Edited by MrFill

There' date=' fixed that for you both.[/quote']

Yeah, how inconsiderate of us to admire a chatlog from a guy who got NO recognition for the humour he added to the newsletter from the superiors and to tell someone our honest opinion about the newsletter. Pardon us for not being stuck up TWOMEET#45435's ass with kisses and roses.

You sure are enjoying your mod sass tonight.

Yeah' date=' how inconsiderate of us to admire a chatlog from a guy who got NO recognition for the humour he added to the newsletter from the superiors and to tell someone our honest opinion about the newsletter. Pardon us for not being stuck up TWOMEET#45435's ass with kisses and roses.[/quote']

Erm, did you have to quote the WHOLE thing? The top part would do.

And funny how I've never been to a TWOMeet, so why would I be stuck up their ass with kisses and roses?

You sure are enjoying your mod sass tonight.

And you sure are enjoying your putting down of the new NewsLetter editor. :)

Sorry, but you of all people should know not to quote a big long message, and if anybody else did it, then you'd jump all over them.

Erm, did you have to quote the WHOLE thing? The top part would do.

And funny how I've never been to a TWOMeet, so why would I be stuck up their ass with kisses and roses?

You're saying you have had to have been to a meet-up to kiss ass? Lol, funny. Christof is a TWOMeetup guy, he has been to meet-ups, he has his merry band of friends much like Colin is apparently Russ' henchman, etc, and I refer to them as the meet-up crew. I'm not a nazi but I can kiss Hitlers ass if I want.

And you sure are enjoying your putting down of the new NewsLetter editor.

I like telling him what I actually think of it. If you actually think I should be positive and behind our editor just because we're both site workers, you're talking bollocks. Christof has asked for constructive critisism and I've said that I found it bland. I could have been vague and said "dis sux, boo" but I shared a fair opinion, one that several people just so happen to agree with.

Sorry, but you of all people should know not to quote a big long message, and if anybody else did it, then you'd jump all over them.

Would I? Glad you know me and my admining style so well. I didn't *have* to quote it all, you're right. I did so because I found it hilarious and wanted to draw attention to it because it's funny in its own right. I did not however expect several people to do the same, but those posts have been moved to another forum now, so they are no longer of any issue to you, or me, or this newsletter.

I like telling him what I actually think of it. If you actually think I should be positive and behind our editor just because we're both site workers' date=' you're talking bollocks. Christof has asked for constructive critisism and I've said that I found it bland. I could have been vague and said "dis sux, boo" but I shared a fair opinion, one that several people just so happen to agree with.[/quote']

I'd like you to explain this one. The newsletter I took over from had the following basic columns:

Member Spotlight

Probe

TWOstars update

The Main Event

Now the newsletter has:

Member Spotlight

Shooting from the hip

TWOstars update

The Mid Card

The Main Event

So basically all I have done is got rid of one column (which you more than agreed should go, in fact you supported my decision) put a replacement in its place and added a non wrestling column.

So if by saying it is bland you are suggesting it is due to the probe no longer being there that it is bland then in essence you helped create the blandness.

Why do I think it's bland? Because you've practically changed nothing except for adding a new column, which is bland and boring. The one question thing seems like it could be ok, but isn't exactly a novel concept (it's just a very condensed interview). The Hip deal is not much different to a probe except it's less in your face. It wasn't bad, because Russ carried the whole thing, but not everyone has the humour Russ does, and I half expect the upcoming weeks to back me up.

It hasn't become bad, because it hasn't changed at all, bar being made more friendly. As far as keeping it happier, it's a very good thing. As far as readability, for me, it was bland. If others disagree, then go with that. I'm not gonna cry if I'm the only one who thinks it. I'm just sharing my opinion, and you can't handle it.

And yes, I did agree that the probe should go. But you've made no effort to fill the void with anything as entertaining. That's just how I'm seeing this.

Why do I think it's bland? Because you've practically changed nothing

Seeing as the Newsletter is something that is read by a large number of members I felt it was important to have continuity. True, I could have ripped out alot of stuff but replace it with what? I'm not a believer in chucking things out for the sake of and columns like the Main Event and Member Spotlight have always been well received.

What I'm (and Moobs) am trying to do is slowly add to the newsletter, some things will work, some won't. If we had thrown every idea at the first edition the whole thing would have been painful to read and taken too long to read.

So maybe you need to be a bit more patient, at the end of the day Darkstar's Newsletter was very good so if you expected me to rip it to shreds and start again then you got it all wrong. Why fix stuff that ain't broken after all? The newsletter will slowly grow over the next month or so as we introduce new ideas and work out exactly what is and isn't working. I'm all for trying new things, I just want to be happy with them before they are posted in the Newsletter. hence why the new logo and graphics haven't appeared yet - I'm not happy with them so won't use any just yet.

The newsletter is changing, I appreciate that you are too impatient to notice this so you'll have to take my word for it. I'm trying to move away from the compile it all on a Sunday then panic when no one does anything style of editing - after all that is my job - to edit the Newsletter. I'm also trying to introduce new ideas and grow the Newsletter. By making things more efficient behind the scenes I hope to give the Newsletter a more professional air. Obviously the sooner I have articles the easier it is to check over them and edit where neccessary.

And yes' date=' I did agree that the probe should go. But you've made no effort to fill the void with anything as entertaining. That's just how I'm seeing this.[/quote']

Again, some patience would be nice. I have made the effort, Miss.T's column is the intended replacement. As editor it isn't my job to write every article so the onus is on the individual. Had there been better preparation we may have been able to produce something slightly better. Had the column been presented to me as a column instead of a chat log the result again might have been different. But give it some time, like everything the quality will improve as the writer grows in confidence.

I think we share different views on entertaining as well but that's another matter. The probe has been put to bed and there will be no like for like replacement.

For me the most bland thing in the newsletter was the "let's re-hash everything that's been said in the Awards thread" chat.

It would have been a good idea to talk about something that hadn't been talked about - yes, some of it was marginally funny, but it had still pretty much all been said before.

That one huge section dragged down the newsletter as a whole because it seemed to dominate it.

I like The Week That Was, it's nice to get quotes from all over rather than one thread.

Apart from that, it's very similar to the old one - you don't expect a Newsletter to be dramatically different, so while the subtle changes are good, I hope the next Shooting From The Hip can be something more interesting next time.

I still like the Mid Card. Keep it up.

Umm... Shooting From the Hip could've been batter, true, but it's not as bad as people are saying. It's hard to follow Colin, and I think that's what is putting everyone off. Give it time and you'll be like and owl saying: Colin who.. Colin whoooo.

I still like the Mid Card. Keep it up.

Umm... Shooting From the Hip could've been batter, true, but it's not as bad as people are saying. It's hard to follow Colin, and I think that's what is putting everyone off. Give it time and you'll be like and owl saying: Colin who.. Colin whoooo.

Thankyou Twiggie. nice to know that I am doing something right. I felt maybe this weeks column was nearly as good as the first one due to some major writers block. I'm glad to get some positive feeback :D