Defining Gangs

JobberJoe

On a spin off from the "Gang Culture" thread I'm interested to see how the other TWO's define different groups. What makes a chav a chav, a mosher a mosher etc. etc.

:::Mine:::

Ned - Burbury clothes, mera peak jackets, not being able to talk proper English, lots of jewellary, (on females) way too much make-up, enjoys dance, rap, r&b music. Short hair in stupid styles (not necessary but popular).

Chavs - Really the same as ned.

Townie - Really the same as ned.

Mosher - Dark clothes, into your metal and rock music. Chains and upside down crosses, pentograms (that's what you call those damn stars isn't it). Dog collars and more often longer hair.

Goths - More or less mosher but I group them with make-up.

Skater - People who use skateboards or rollerblades

Punk - Rare now-a-days but those who follow the idealism of anarchy. Stupid hair and all. More over the top in actions, generally loud and wear dyed, ripped clothes.

EMO - I'm gonna be honest, I don't really know... I've heard the term but I don't know how you qualify for it...

Gangsta' - Bling wearing, baggy trouser, basketball tops, basically trying to look from the ghetto/ black.

I can't think of any others and these are just my definitions... what are yours ?

Edited by JobberJoe

Well I'm not too familiar with most of that jargin. But here's a nifty litte guide to find out whether you're emo or not. Although often recognizable by appearance an emo kid is usually defined by the style of music they listen to... emo. Whiny songs about ex-girlfriends and whishing they were young kids again, without all this teenage angst and drama.

Wait a minute...

Mosher - Dark clothes, into your metal and rock music. Chains and upside down crosses, pentograms (that's what you call those damn stars isn't it). Dog collars and more often longer hair.

Goths - More or less mosher but I group them with make-up.

Skater - People who use skateboards or rollerblades

Punk - Rare now-a-days but those who follow the idealism of anarchy. Stupid hair and all. More over the top in actions, generally loud and wear dyed, ripped clothes.

I am a mixture of all these things... I am an individual... you know they do still exist...

And never will I be bound to one set of rules or the demographic for just one 'clan'...

It's a crappy way to live.

What I don't understand is todays societys need to place people into gangs, to term them all as different and to make it all the more easier for these gangs to hate each other, look down and attack one another...

It just annoys me...

The Chav's/Ned's/Scallies/Townies aren't elite either...

But then again neither are the rest of them...

They are just labels placed upon people that they accept and hold like a badge of honour which I find sad. People are just people, why can't that be enough?

Then again if that was the case we'd have to shoot all the Socialoligists and term inventers as they'd be umemployed.