Gang Culture......

MojoPogo

Im looking for opinions on what to do about the prevailing gang culture that seems to have taken hold with a large majority of young adults today. I myself was recently a victim of this, and although im big (and ugly) enough to be able to look after myself. (I fought them off) I really am quite miffed that i apparently am no longer safe walking about, bothering no one in my own back yard. And i live in a respectable area! It was chavs in my case, but equally, "moshers", emo and goths can all be equally guilty of this, its just the clothes that change. What needs to be done in terms of education? Punishment?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, they'd depress people to death, does that count? But believe it or not, up here i have actually seen an emo gang! Course they're just chavs dressed as emos, but im trying to make a point, it doesnt matter if they're wearing burberry, black leather or boss, gangs are unacceptable.

Gang's consist of 5-6 weak-ass f**kers who need each other to boost one another ego's. Quite often a lone gang member will look down at the ground and walk very fast because they have a severe lack of confrontational confidence on there own.

I walk alone. Nobody's gonna share my cool-ness :D

Have these gangs always been around, i've only heard the term goth for say the last 4 year, the term chav in the last year and emo the last 6 months.

Did i miss out in my teenage years?

Anyways if i wanted to get my head kicked in i'd much rather have it done by a football firm, than a group of near suicidal or pilled up teenagers.

Have these gangs always been around' date=' i've only heard the term goth for say the last 4 year, the term chav in the last year and emo the last 6 months.[/quote']

In which case you've not been out much. :D :lol

Goth has been around for years and years, I first heard of the term Chav about 2-3 years ago, and Emo probably about 1-2 years ago.

The term "chav" confusses me. Down here in sunny Sussex they've been around for years and years and years! Only, they don't wear burbary and gold chains. People who do wear that stuff along with tracksuits and what not, are refered to as "townies". A Chav has always been and will always be:A dirty smelly pikey.
  • Like 1

I'm still not 100% sure exactly what a Emo is , is it a fan club for Puppets such as Rod Hulls Emu and Sesame Street Elmo?

I guess when i was a wippersnapper i knew what a skater was, mainly because they had a preffered mode of transport, being a rollerblade or skateboard.

If i see a chav i've got to laugth though, usually saying chav under a cougth when i pass them on the street.

I wonder what group i fall in?

A lot of the rise in unprovoked attacks is due to the 'happy slapping' craze that's going around as well, where attacks are posted on the internet or sent to friends mobile phones. Some of the attacks are harmless like spraying someone with whipped cream, but some really violent attacks that have left people with broken bones or scars are starting to surface.

I've never had any trouble with gangs, obviously theres gangs around here but they're usually 14 year olds. Theres gangs of emo's/goths where I go out but I think they're scared of me because I dogg them up,once again never had any trouble with them.

Maybe I'm just one of those people that look so cool they want me to be part of their gang therefore they dont egg me or anything . :D

I had to walk a fair way through Birmingham during the recent riots after the football. I was totally fine as i was with my mates, but a big gang of big Afro carribean men walked up to us with scalfs covering there faces. They got a few laugths.

Gangs will get away with this because there is no punishment! They cant be punished by their parents, well parent because they are probably a single mother family, parents cant punish because its againts the kids human rights. And kids who commint crimes are given help and rewarded.

Chavs can work the system to terrorise myself and other decent people like Antihero.

There are a few gangs where I live - the other day I was walking under a subway where thre was a group of three teen townies smoking roll-ups and desperately trying to give the impression that it was cannabis (it clearly smelled of tobacco...). Well anyway this townie sort of just did that waddling wide-boy walk they do straight up to my face and went to throw a cigarette butt at me, so I just stopped and looked at him, and all of his two friends, and himself, walked off calling me a p***y.

Comical.

They are desperate little kids - that's the saddening thing. My next door neighbour is a lovely kid - he must be about 15 now, but within about 2 months he has turned in to a chav, a townie, junior mafia, whatever you call them now.

He was always a well spoken, polite kid, but almost overnight he seems to have grown one of those bum-fluff moustaches and walks around in basketball jersys doing that wideboy cripp walk they all do.

I imagine Jack Bibby looks like this, too. :P.

Cheers!

I've never seen a goth or emo attack :lol... i saw some goths and chavsgo at it once but the chavs started it..

while the steroetype is harsh gang crime is associated with chavs now.. and it's true.. chavs are weak ****** who go round with 8 mates and square up to people for no reason... chavs on there own are weak.. thats all you hav to remember

[EDITED]- No Swearing! You know the rules by now.

Gangs will get away with this because there is no punishment! They cant be punished by their parents, well parent because they are probably a single mother family, parents cant punish because its againts the kids human rights. And kids who commint crimes are given help and rewarded.

Chavs can work the system to terrorise myself and other decent people like Antihero.

Hear hear! I herby form the Anti-Chav Coelition with Hoffmeister! Thats EXACTLY the problem. Pencil necked no mark geeks claiming to properly punish chavs is against there so-called "human rights". Well, behave like human beings and you THEN have access to human rights.

Hear hear! I herby form the Anti-Chav Coelition with Hoffmeister! Thats EXACTLY the problem. Pencil necked no mark geeks claiming to properly punish chavs is against there so-called "human rights". Well' date=' behave like human beings and you THEN have access to human rights.[/quote']

I think we should form a stable against chavs, lol. anyone in?

I agree taht to get human rights you need to act like a human. Chavs can do what they want when they want and get treat like victims. I remember bullys in school used to get rewarded and were allowed to go go-karting, sailing trips etc. Whereas I worked hard and wasnt allowed any reward other than my grades.

Chavs are getting worse and worse, its not going to get better unless there are more right wing people in power than do-gooders!