Sad News

Dutt

Following an angle taped Wednesday night at Ohio Valley Wrestling’s final television taping of the year in Louisville, an OVW trainer took Matt Cappotelli to a local hospital. Cappotelli received a stiff shot to the head from Chris Cage, who in the angle, turned against the OVW champion.

A test has revealed a brain tumor, pending follow up testing to determine if the tumor is malignant. We have learned that the results of the test should be known early next week.

Cage is said to be devastated, as you might imagine. “Matt sounded like Matt, but his spirits are down,” said a source that spoke to Cappotelli by phone.

On a side note, Gerweck.net has learned that the current plan is for Cappotelli to be called up to the main roster in 2006, and form a “reality type” tag team with Mike “The Miz” Mizanin, who is currently training in Deep South.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Matt Cappotelli, and his friends and family

Source: Gerweck.net

Ah sh*t, just when he was gonna be pushed to the moon on Smackdown this happens. :evil

I don't know about pushed to the moon' date=' but still really sad, i hope he gets better.[/quote']

Well maybe not to the moon, but at least into orbit :roll . I remember seeing him on Tough Enough and thinking how good his look was, and how he could have a promising future if used properly. Hope he gets over this hurdle and gets himself onto Smackdown, for a bright future.. Well ok then maybe Raw lol :thumbsup

he's a good worker but MAJOR league injurty prone.. he was going to be called up last year but got injured.. thanks to Holly i think...

He has the look and the talent.. personally i think he should have been in MNM instead of Mercury.. it would suit him more...

i pray he'll be ok and look forward to seeing him in the future:)

Well I persoanlly don't like the comments that have said they on;y want him back so he can go to WWE. Maybe he might even retire after he gets over this, a brain tuma isn't really like a muscle strain is it. My thoughts go out to him and his family and i hope a speedy recovery for HIS sake and not for the WWE's or OVW's.

My prayers go to Matt' date=' I really liked him since he was on Tough Enough. I hope he gets better soon. Him and The Miz as a tag team, yeah baby. So Matt get better.:)[/quote']

Same here. Nobody likes to hear these things, but its one of those things that comes with Sports entertainment. Accidents do happen. Hopefully everything will be okay for Matt. Our thoughts and prayers will be with him.:)