new to wrestling/singlets

ifixedit

hey all, new to this forum.

i just joined the wrestling team, and i have never wrestled before. any tips would be great.

and, our school issues us the high cut singlets, i want to get a backup one for just practice/or to wear underneath the clothes... which type do you all prefer/which one is more comfy? the high cut or the low cut ones? anybody know where i can just buy cheap singlets? thanks all

First of all, welcome ifixedit! Enjoy your stay. But I do have a problem, don't worry though, you're new. A mod will kindly move this to the Introductions bit of the Forum and you should of trained before joining a team. Again, welcome! Have fun! :)

A mod will kindly move this to the Introductions bit of the Forum

No, a mod won't. It's in the right place.

Look on Google for wrestling singlets. They are available, although I couldn't name a site off of the top of my head because I presume you're talking Amatuer Wrestling, not pro wrestling. Try looking for college wrestling gear and see if that brings anything up that you could use.

EDIT: http://www.jrwrestling.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/22 looks quite good. I'd recommend the usual, plain type. Just something simple - you won't care too much when you're on the mat anyway.

Edited by DraVen

thanks for the info. yes, i will stick to what im comfortable with.. the high cut. i didnt know that there were two types of fabric though --- lycra and nylon.

which one is more stretchy, i dont want something that looks or feels like cotton i like the singlets that are kinda smooth and a little glossy looking., but also something comfortable to wear when working out, running, etc...

Edited by ifixedit