Ashley Simpson collapses

PHIZZLE

Ashlee Simpson's big comeback tour has been temporarily derailed in Tokyo, after she collapsed and was hospitalized following performance on MTV Japan Thursday.

The "Catch Me When I Fall" singer, on the road to support her chart-topping I Am Me--and to prove to the world that she really can sing--remains in an undisclosed hospital, publicist Rob Shuter said Friday.

News of the hospitalization was first reported by Us Weekly, which said Simpson had just finished a rendition of the hit single "Boyfriend" before telling the audience that she felt sick. "I love you guys," she said before exiting, only to collapse moments later in an elevator. She was immediately taken by ambulance to the hospital, per the magazine.

There's been no official word on the cause of the fainting spell, but Us Weekly quotes an unnamed source close to the family citing exhaustion as the reason for her collapse.

"She's wanted to prove over and over to her fans that she can perform live after what happened on SNL last year," the magazine quotes

Simpson, 21, has been promoting I Am Me for the better part of two months, including a return to the scene of the mime on Saturday Night Live, a string of concert dates and several TV and magazine interviews.

She has made headlines in recent weeks for her early-morning meltdown at a Toronto McDonald's (featuring her writing on the counter and telling an autograph-seeking fan to "kiss my foot") and her confession to Cosmopolitan that she suffered a "minor" eating disorder a decade ago when she was taking ballet lessons. Ashlee has also been helping sister Jessica work through her separation from Nick Lachey.

Her family is reportedly waiting for an official diagnosis before deciding whether to travel to Japan.

Meantime, Ashlee's appearance on Monday's Radio Music Awards in Las Vegas has been canceled.

These pop stars need to calm it down a bit on the touring. Its a very lucrative tour (of course), but when it can last anything up to 6 weeks, with them having to perform sometimes every single night. Add to that the constant travelling, various radio and tv interviews, signings and other promotional appearances, it can become extremely gruelling and take a toll on their body. If she's had some sort of eating disorder as well, then that certainly doesnt help either.

Im not her greatest fan, but I hope she recovers soon and is able to continue on with the tour as to not let many more of her Asian fans down.

Are you saying she is? :?

Yeah im saying she's hot. Well at least to me she is.

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/3513/jessicasimpson0119ip.jpg

On tour to prove she can sing no wonder she passed out she was failing, both sisters are pretty-ish but talentless.

xXx

Uhhmm, I can take that if you said Ashley is talentless, wich IMO she is. But saying that about Jessica ? The girl can sing.

• Like 1

I am indeed' date=' i think she's rancid.....too bloody skinny for one. Cant sing, and that bloody wedding programme......meh.:devil[/quote']

Bloody skinny ?:?

http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/5615/thedukesofhazzard25rh.jpg

http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/6260/jessicasimpson116vs.jpg

And I can understand that you may not like Jessicas music, but saying the girl can't sing is just plain stupid.

And I can understand that you may not like Jessicas music' date=' but saying the girl can't sing is just plain stupid.[/quote']

No... you've never actually heard he voice. Just like her sister,who this thread is about, their voices are put through a computer filter that balances wavering voices, flat or sharp notes, and all things like that.

Completely off-topic. The band Fall Out Boy does the same thing! That's right Pete Stump can't sing worth shi'ite

No... you've never actually heard he voice. Just like her sister,who this thread is about, their voices are put through a computer filter that balances wavering voices, flat or sharp notes, and all things like that.

Completely off-topic. The band Fall Out Boy does the same thing! That's right Pete Stump can't sing worth shi'ite

Im talking about singing live. Have you heard Jessica sing live ? If so you'll see that she can really sing. As far as Ashley goes, well we all know about Saturday Night Live.:lol