Any news on hostages?

big smithers

When Norman Kember was taken hostage along with 3 or 4 others it was first on every news bulletin. The deadline for his execution was last Saturday and although i have tried to find information none has been forthcoming. A news blackout has been discussed before so that the kidnappers recieve little publicity. This appears to be the case. I've followed most of these hostage cases in detail and am hopefull that the blackout means the government are somehow in touch with the kidnappers. I'd be gratefull to hear your views on the situation and any facts you may know.

As far as I'm aware nothing has been reported and nothing is known of their fate. As far as I'm concerned he shouldn't have travelled to Iraq in the first place, unless you've had your head buried in the sand for 3 years you would be well aware of the dangers of going there. Althought the inevitable fate of these men is regretable, it's their own fault in my opinion.

Im not being funny, but I knew as soon as Norman Kember was taken hostage he was as good as dead. These kidnappers dont seem to be messing about when they take someone hostage as proved with Bigley and that other British lady, and unfortunately I dont think this Kember guy is going to being any different.

As far as I'm aware nothing has been reported and nothing is known of their fate. As far as I'm concerned he shouldn't have travelled to Iraq in the first place' date=' unless you've had your head buried in the sand for 3 years you would be well aware of the dangers of going there. Althought the inevitable fate of these men is regretable, it's their own fault in my opinion.[/quote']

It may be their fault for being in a dangerous area, but it isn't there fault that some homocidal, terrible men are boasting that they'll kill them. They don't deserve to die even if they got themselves into th situation in the first place.

It may be their fault for being in a dangerous area' date=' but it isn't there fault that some homocidal, terrible men are boasting that they'll kill them. They don't deserve to die even if they got themselves into th situation in the first place.[/quote']

Go back and read my post again, I never said anyone deserved to die and pointed out that this situation is regretable, but they brought it on themselves by going there.

I just don't get it! Why would you take someone hostage for nothing at all. These people must be warped, truly warped. Also why would you ever want to tape someone executing another. Unfortunately I saw this and I think it should be removed from the Internet as it can be very disturbing.

I just don't get it! Why would you take someone hostage for nothing at all. These people must be warped' date=' truly warped. Also why would you ever want to tape someone executing another. Unfortunately I saw this and I think it should be removed from the Internet as it can be very disturbing.[/quote']

They're not doing it for the fun of it. They say they'll release the hostages if Iraqi war prisoners are released, if prisoners are not released they'll kill the hostages. Exactly the same as Ken Bigley, no government is not going to release prisoners to save these people, therefore they'll be killed if they haven't already.

I agree with K.j, yes it's a horrible thing that they've been taken hostage etc. and it must be a really tough time for their family too but part of it is their fault for being in a dangerous place like Iraq, i certainly wouldn't go there for no-one!

They may say that it is about Iraqi Prisoners, but even if the prisoners are released. What happens next? Do they keep taking innocent people hostage until we release guilty people? This world is not safe anymore, I don't think it has ever been safe but it shouldn't ever be like this.