This

Dead Crow

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a great post.

I had to stop watching that video as I didnt know if I wanted to be sick, cry or go and murder those uncivilised people in the video.

Its an absolute disgrace! Bob Geldoff complains and does Band Aid for the 3rd world etc, but I feel more annoyed watching that than 3rd world videos.

Why is Bob Geldoff or another celebrity not making us aware of this sickness??????????????????????????????????????????????

In the U.S. I think there are a few Celebs that appear in adverts about the fur trade, I think Cameron Diaz was in one or it may have been and environmental one. However on the other hand you have the likes of Jay-Z and Beyonce Knowles, Fat Joe and Amerie wearing Chinchilla coats and being idolized world wide when really they should think about what they are doing.

the main thing I'd say is that if the fur trade must continue there should be restrictions so that fur has to be from the nation it's sold in or at least have some kind of standard set where companies face massive fines for sourcing fur from a place where the animals are killed in an inhumane way like being skinned alive.

That was pretty horrible to watch.

But...

That is a great post.

I had to stop watching that video as I didnt know if I wanted to be sick, cry or go and murder those uncivilised people in the video.

Its an absolute disgrace! Bob Geldoff complains and does Band Aid for the 3rd world etc, but I feel more annoyed watching that than 3rd world videos.

Why is Bob Geldoff or another celebrity not making us aware of this sickness??????????????????????????????????????????????

Do you understand the irony in saying you'll murder the uncivilised people?

Do you hear me chuckling at the fact that you feel more sadness for cats and dogs dying than you do humans. I'm putting two and two together regarding your feelings on Capital Punishment now... Death of millions of humans in Africa = OK. Death of person who broke into your house = OK. Death of cats and dogs in Asia = BAD.

And finally, what is this idea that celebrities must save the world? You've now been made aware of the problem and have obviously been affected by it: How's about you tell all your friends, join PETA, write to your MP, take part in leafleting campaigns & street pitching and donate money to charities that try to deal with these sorts of problems?

Or do you need Bono to tell you to do that?

• Like 1

In the U.S. I think there are a few Celebs that appear in adverts about the fur trade' date=' I think Cameron Diaz was in one or it may have been and environmental one. However on the other hand you have the likes of Jay-Z and Beyonce Knowles, Fat Joe and Amerie wearing Chinchilla coats and being idolized world wide when really they should think about what they are doing.[/quote']

If that is true then I hate Beyonce, Jay-Z and the rest of their goons.

If that is true then I hate Beyonce' date=' Jay-Z and the rest of their goons.[/quote']

yup

Amerie: At the begining of the regular (not remix with Eve) version of 'One Thing' she is wearing a Fur coat

Jay-Z and Beyonce: in the dangerously in love video Jay-Z says the line 'My texture is the best fur, Chinchilla and Beyonce is wearing a fur coat

Fat Joe: In 'Lean Back' he wears a fur coat

P Diddy: wears fur in several videos and at awards shows.

Wu Tang Clan: Gravel Pit video has a prehistoric theme and lots of fur, probably real at some times atleast.

and thats just off the top of my head

I wathed the whole thing i wish i hadn't i'm not a great lover of cats i am a dog man myself, but seeing that done to those animals was just barbaric these peolpe don't deserve to walk the streets . how can this be called culture .its seems to me that the covernment of that country don't care what goes on and as for the countries that import the fur should have tade inbargoes placed on them until they changed their ways .

this is one post i wich i had never looked at.

See, I think that's why I got too much into it. I thought about it when reading ACs reply. I actually do care more about a bunch of animals being slaughtered for clothing than a human being beheaded for whatever reason (not to suggest they don't have one). I'm not sure why though. I don't know if I'm desensitised to human torture or if I'm just a sucker for a puppy. It's why I'm not angry at other peoples replies or expecting everyone to rally behind PETA and come with me to burn our clothes and break the chains that the Bourgeoisie have trapped us in. Maybe I'm the only one, maybe it's a sign of finally going crazy.

I think that in itself is one of the reasons I'm torn by it all. Not the crazy part, but the fact that it's leading me to question EVERYTHING.

I am the same. It really doesnt phase me to hear of the beheadings, as wicked as that may sound, those people put themselves at risk by going into Iraq and so on, their own fault. But getting away from the beheadings, even other suffering of humans, it never bothers me on the same level as when I see or hear of animals being tortured, specifically cats.

I remember, a few years ago when I was still in school, they showed us a video of how the Chinese boil kittens alive, and they were screaming, it was ****ing disgusting. If I were in China and knew I could get away with it, I'd have boiled those people doing it and laughed at them as they felt that same agony.

I have way more sympathy towards animals than I do people, for the most part. I doubt I'm in a vast minority, either...

See, I think that's why I got too much into it. I thought about it when reading ACs reply. I actually do care more about a bunch of animals being slaughtered for clothing than a human being beheaded for whatever reason (not to suggest they don't have one). I'm not sure why though. I don't know if I'm desensitised to human torture or if I'm just a sucker for a puppy. It's why I'm not angry at other peoples replies or expecting everyone to rally behind PETA and come with me to burn our clothes and break the chains that the Bourgeoisie have trapped us in. Maybe I'm the only one, maybe it's a sign of finally going crazy.

I think that in itself is one of the reasons I'm torn by it all. Not the crazy part, but the fact that it's leading me to question EVERYTHING.

I agree. I dont know why but I can watch a load of poverty and aids ridden kids on t.v and it doesnt bother me, however show me a poor dog without a home and I will be upset.

I hate people who harm dogs and cats!

A weird definition of racism - you're more on the side of country-ism (I know I just made that word up) with your "Yanks" and "Limeys".

But to call someone from the Far East "Chink" or an Hispanic person a "Spic" is racist and wrong. Are you happy to call black people "N*gg*rs" or Asians "P*k*s"?

[edit] Apologies for dragging us off topic somewhat but, you know...

And no for the record there are no sheep shaggers here. There may be welsh members but no sheep shaggers. Just the same as there are no arrogant english *******s on here. Works both ways. Im with AC calling someone a chinky or spic is the same as the N-bomb. Edited by Popsi

A weird definition of racism - you're more on the side of country-ism (I know I just made that word up) with your "Yanks" and "Limeys".

But to call someone from the Far East "Chink" or an Hispanic person a "Spic" is racist and wrong. Are you happy to call black people "N*gg*rs" or Asians "P*k*s"?

[edit] Apologies for dragging us off topic somewhat but, you know...

When you hear black people call each other niggers, where do you start to draw the line? Just curious...

And no for the record there are no sheep shaggers here. There may be welsh members but no sheep shaggers. Just the same as there are no arrogant english *******s on here. Works both ways. Im with AC calling someone a chinky or spic is the same as the N-bomb.
I can tell you, there ARE alot of arrogant English ****ers on here, that being said you should have cottoned on to my sarcasm when I mentioned sheep shaggers, I mean come on...its winter, the welsh stay indoors and molest their cats during these months ;)