WWE gimmicks gone stale

wisdom27

JBL- since he's had an image consultant nothing's happened, and is that thing on her face genuine?

Carlito- doesn't do the cabana anymore and his wrestling is not enough on its own I'm afraid

I'm sure there are many other examples of WWE gimmicks gone stale, or going nowhere.

As much as i hate to admit it being a mark.....Undertaker. The whole, coming back from the dead thing is as boring, as it is (given the timing of the last one) distasteful. Cena, obviously, staler than 30 day old bread. Hell, i even think Kane is as stale as hell, pardon the pun.

I suppose that had a lot to do with when wrestling was "de-mystified" by the internet. We only have ourselves (and the WWE) to blame really.....like i said, i TRY to mark out still, as often as possible, but it seems someone out there is determined to suck my optimism out of me with a succession of lame gimmicks, poorly thought out storylines and just general BS.

JBL- since he's had an image consultant nothing's happened, and is that thing on her face genuine?

Carlito- doesn't do the cabana anymore and his wrestling is not enough on its own I'm afraid

I'm sure there are many other examples of WWE gimmicks gone stale, or going nowhere.

JBL had his character killed by John Cena, thats why he is so stale. He was still a great character bu he was murdered by Cena.

It was nothing to do with Cena at all' date=' it's JBL doing the same thing constantly.[/quote']

He only went stale when Cena finished him. Cena dismantled all of his cabinet and leaving JBL a broken man with a broken character. Cena then beat him cleanly time and time again which left him much less over and he lost his heat.

It was nothing to do with Cena at all' date=' it's JBL doing the same thing constantly.[/quote']

And I refer you to just about every other wrestler on the roster:

HBK - still doing the same stuff as he's been doing since his return.

Hogan - same stuff he's been doing since the 80's.

Cena - I don't think he's capable of doing anything different.

HHH - same thing since his heel turn in 99 or 00.

Undertaker - he just puts twists on things.

Virtual all wrestler gimmicks are them "doing the same thing constantly".

And I refer you to just about every other wrestler on the roster:

HBK - still doing the same stuff as he's been doing since his return.

Hogan - same stuff he's been doing since the 80's.

Cena - I don't think he's capable of doing anything different.

HHH - same thing since his heel turn in 99 or 00.

Undertaker - he just puts twists on things.

Virtual all wrestler gimmicks are them "doing the same thing constantly".

Agreed. Its not just JBL whose guilty of that. In actual fact, its mostly the scriptwriters, but yeah, certain wrestlers ARE in a comfort zone. Time to shake things up methinks, but how?

I believe that most of the problem is that the writers don't have wrestling knowledge, so they only know how to write certain things.

In Soap Operas, a person maintains a "gimmick" for years, so I think they need to get some wrestling writers.

Maybe if they let Dusty, Heyman, Cornette or someone with some wrestling knowledge do some writing, it might help. :P

Maybe if they let Dusty' date=' Heyman, Cornette or someone with some wrestling knowledge do some writing, it might help. :P[/quote']

Whats the delay? What are the WWE waiting for? Is it not clear to them?

I rekon they are waiting for competition to arise again and bring out the big guns to squash them. TNA watch out because the WWE MUST (for heavens sake) be better than its current state.

Whats the delay? What are the WWE waiting for? Is it not clear to them?

I rekon they are waiting for competition to arise again and bring out the big guns to squash them. TNA watch out because the WWE MUST (for heavens sake) be better than its current state.

You think? Im beginning to believe they genuinelly arent.....:help

Well didn't Michaels practically change his gimmick when he turned heel back before Summerslam... nobody found that a joke' date=' he was abso-f**king-lutely fabulous in the role. Yet WWE dropped it without reason[/quote']

Yeah, for all of 3 weeks, he became "nasty" HBK. :P

WWF going stale?........

Never!!:eek :eek

You mean hugging pandas and such?

• Like 1