Benoit gone from WWE

Dave7g

MORE ON BENOIT LEAVING THE WWE, POSSIBLE TRIP TO JAPAN

By: Bob Ryder

12/14/2005 7:33:12 PM

Chris Benoit's future with the WWE will come to an end this weekend at

Armageddon where he is expected to lose against Booker T and exit the

WWE. Benoit's contract is due to expire on December 30th and it's

believed he'll go work in Japan for some dates.

from 1Bob.com (1wrestling.com - story was up and was taken down since)

More are coming' date=' Vince fears Jeff Jarrett[/quote']

Good for Benoit:xyx

Good for fans of Benoit:xyx

Edited by Dave7g
  • Like 1

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you did Gringo:) but this was just posted by Bob today, so it more or less confirms it...

I guess we'll see the generic "WWE wishe Chris the best in his future endevours" post on wwe.com soon.

Who have WWE got left now that are decent wrestlers? Angle, Michaels...um help me out here. CM Punk is being laughed at backstage by HHH so he will probably debut as a deaf milkman. London like all the decent cruisers are wrestling on the internet mostly. Hardy can be good, but is basically JBL jobber fodder. Theres nobody in that top tier anymore, that tier was Eddie,Benoit,Angle, Michaels..

Nice birthday present in store for myself then, Benoit's last day. I don't think anyone could really dispute with his decision. One positive I can see out of it on the WWE's side (depends how much of a fan of his you are) is that Booker is getting Benoit's scalp before his departure so if utilised right should bode well for his move up the card and credibility.

Just to prove I was first with this here is what I posted in the NJPW catch up thread on the 30th of November...

Notes from Weekly Fight and elsewhere due to the lack of any other news until later today when the tour resumes.

- Chris Benoit plans to break away from WWE after his contract expires and make Japan, probably New Japan, his main battlefield in 2006. The Japanese press has a reputation of saying things like this with no proof, so until you hear something like this from Dave Meltzer or similar, I wouldn't put too much stock in it, as nice as it would be.

And now there is proof...

Muhahahaha, god of wrestling exclusives here, thank you very much...

Will Benoit up sticks and leave for Japan though? I cant see his family agreeing to that. Also didnt he hate the food and find it hard to adjust to the culture the first time he was there, I recall him saying something along those lines in the Hard Knocks DVD.

I think he'll go to TNA to see out the later years of his career, with less travelling and less dates.

Will Benoit up sticks and leave for Japan though? I cant see his family agreeing to that. Also didnt he hate the food and find it hard to adjust to the culture the first time he was there, I recall him saying something along those lines in the Hard Knocks DVD.

I think he'll go to TNA to see out the later years of his career, with less travelling and less dates.

Benoit will go. He said that he had those dislikes when he first went their, but has said nothing but good things about the Orient since.

About his family, Lesnar goes to Japan only in the days leading up to his matches. Unlike young guys scrapping for money, I'm pretty sure Benoit can afford to do the same as Brock.

Ohh, just excited myself. Brock/Benoit.

HOT FUDGE ON A STICK!!!!

NO...Damn it. Xx;

Ah well...props to the man, there's only so much crap a guy can take, I guess.

I give my best to the guy, and hope he can find the STARDOM and the perfect wind-down-years of his career.

How many more rats are contemplating leaving the sinking ship of Titan when contact signings come around next time, I wonder?

There's not a shred of evidence to back this story up is there? I'd be pleased for Benoit if he were to leave - I'm sure wrestling in Japan would make him happier and be a fitting end to his career...

But this is a story that's being reported nowhere at all...