Worst storyline of 2005

2 hottie

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smackdown

Kurt Angle/Booker T/Sharmell - pervert angle. Was just horrible.

Eddie/Rey - Paternity. Made some great matches but the angle was just awful.

Raw

Kane/Lita/Matt/Snitsky - the whole Lita sleeping with Kane to keep Matt safe/Pregnancy/Getting married to Kane/Baby-killing angle was just b*ll*cks. I hated every agonising second of it.

I'm sure I'll think of more..........

Edited by Gooneronastick

The Matt/ Edge/ Lita... should've been so much more' date=' instead become "just another wasted chance"[/quote']

I agree there could have been a whole lot more in match wise standards, however i felt that the feud it self just bombed from when matt was invading Raw all the time.

Anyway the worse of the worse this year has been:

Kurt,Booker and Sharmell

Eddie,Rey and Domanic

JBL vs Batista

Cena/Eric Bischoff

Team WWE Vs ECW

Shelton Vs Kerwin White

The Mcmahons vs JR

here you go with the ECW vs Raw and Smackdown. I think it was all done out of fear of the former ECW stars putting on a better WWE PPV than the WWE Roster.

These are my reasons why i think this was the case

I Believe that Vince has always liked the idea of ECW even when they did the invasion angles back in 1997 to help promote there first PPV Barely Legal. I also belive that Vince himself also trusts and respects Paul E creative mind and was willing to let them tear the house down.

HOWEVER it is a internet urban legend that Steff who is pretty high up on the booking and storyline develpoment hates heyman for some reason or another and she believed and bent the ear of her father to include the WWE in the PPV some how to keep an eye on it.

However going back to what i was saying about the ECW stars tearing it up. Look at Tanaka and Awsome. They had quite simpley match of the night. Lance Storm and Jericho had another great match as well as a Main event which lived up to any ECW fan.

In my humbal veiw i believe that if Steph didnt have a paranoid attack about the WWE being showed up by some may i qoute eric bischoff "Fat overweight and out of shape coolade drinkers" ECW one night stand would have been by fair the PPV of the year not only in ECW fans eyes but people who love to see something different to the likes of JBL and Triple H

The Cena vs Bischoff fued was rubbish, as were ALL the Diva fueds, Cena and Angle went nowhere, HBK/Hogan ended pathetically, Undertaker vs Orton is Horrible, but Big Show vs Snitsky was the most boring rubbish I've ever not cared about...

I'm sure theres lots more.

I'd say the Eddie/ Ray storyline over Domanic was the worse for me, those 2 could have made a feud work without all that and had great matches why the WWE thought it was a good idea to bring this stry about is beyond me,

Eddie and Ray could have had great matches together if they had just been given the chance instead they ended up talking most of the tiem instead of showing off their skills, and as for the storyline itself - bringing in family memebers (esspecially kids) is never good entertainment (with the exception of ECW Raven and Dreamer's feud) bad storyline and waste of talent so makes it the worst of 2005 to me :)

I'd say the Eddie/ Ray storyline over Domanic was the worse for me, those 2 could have made a feud work without all that and had great matches why the WWE thought it was a good idea to bring this stry about is beyond me,

Eddie and Ray could have had great matches together if they had just been given the chance instead they ended up talking most of the tiem instead of showing off their skills, and as for the storyline itself - bringing in family memebers (esspecially kids) is never good entertainment (with the exception of ECW Raven and Dreamer's feud) bad storyline and waste of talent so makes it the worst of 2005 to me :)

I agree, I liked some of the matches, but the stupid story ruined it all.

but Big Show vs Snitsky was the most boring rubbish I've ever not cared about...

I'd forgotten all about that pile of cr@p until you mentioned it Dave. Thanks for that <shudder> :xyx

This whole Raw vs Smackdown thing is also pants. How faces from Raw can be heels on SD and vice versa (or at least that's what WWE expect to happen) is pure unadulterated garbage and should stop immediately.

How about Big Show's "I'm a happy smiley face while on RAW, but as soon as I go to SmackDown I'm a nasty heel".

LOD 2005 - it's not really a storyline, but anything which made a mockery of LOD and dressed Heidy up in clown makeup is horrible.

Lita & Edge - like anyone in their right mind would WANT to sleep with her.

Vince & Family firing JR - especially the Doctor segment after.

Vince "magically" becoming a face after firing JR, just because he wants to fire Bischoff.

The whole "I'm unbeatable" routine from Cena.

The Undertaker appearing in the mirror, then Cowboy Bob looking bloody, then speaking through Josh, who couldn't roll his eyes properly.

Kurt wanting to have beastiality sex with Sharmell - like anyone in their right mind would want to sleep with her.

Eddie/Rey paternity thing - great matches, but HORRIBLE storyline.

Luthor Reigns vs Mark Jindrak - anything to do with these two.

There werent many proper feuds in 2005, I felt.

The only one that felt built up and worth watching was SD v RAW.

There are plenty of bad ones - I mean, peple say that Jericho V Cena was a feud....how....

The worst for me is the Angle/Sharmell storyline. God that was aweful!

Lets hope 2006 brings the start of the next 'boom'.

• Like 1

Kurt/Book - horrible, but im finding the whole Benoit/Booker thing equally offensive, but more in terms of how they're treating Benoit in all honesty...the suckiest in terms of the in ring product, would have to have been Show v Snitsky, although to be fair, if Snitsky was in the ring with God himself, it'd still be stunk up.

Lita & Edge - like anyone in their right mind would WANT to sleep with her.

The Undertaker appearing in the mirror, then Cowboy Bob looking bloody, then speaking through Josh, who couldn't roll his eyes properly.

Kurt wanting to have beastiality sex with Sharmell - like anyone in their right mind would want to sleep with her.

The Undertaker stuff represents why wrestling is laughed at! I disagree about Lita, I would love to sleep with her and do many other things than just sleep.

However I do agree about the Sharmell thing, she is hideous!

Am I the only one that thinks Sharmell is actually quite attractive?

Yes?

OK then. Anyways, I've hated the Kurt Cena thing, well I've hated Cena's 'Against all Odds' part of it. I also didn't enjoy Eddie Rey at all, the matchesweren't that good except for at SummerSlam.