Annoying Smoking Ad ***non smokers need not apply***

Dave7g

I say need not apply because some of my non smoking friends get tangled up in something else and miss the point.

The ad in question is a government ad showing where the "cheap" ciggarettes come from. The horrors and the sleaze behind the gangsters etc. Yet the ad is telling us to stay away from these "dirty" ciggarettes and buy the proper TAXED UP TO THE MAX ciggs in the shops! The fact that the taxes on ciggarettes are so stupidly high is the only reason why bootleg ciggarettes are available in the first place!

Hypocracy?

Thoughts please :xyx

meh, well at least it's better than the ads that made me wanna gip.

I suppose there looking at it a different way. If people know how bootleg fags are made there not gonna want them, and will start buying the expensive ones, meaning there probably gonna go bankrupt quicker, and therefore getting rid of all the smokers.

If that makes sense.

Edited by Gemsi
  • Like 1

If you go to france/spain etc... buy the orriginal brands from authentic shops tobaco shops etc.. Then they are the real deal and you can bring as many as you want back, well to a certain reasonable limit and it is legal

You can get the bootleg/snide brands but whats the point when there the same price as the real ones in certain countrys where you dont have to pay goverment Tax

For example a packet of Golden Virginna tobacco 50g costs nearly a £10 in the U.K from shops where as in spain its less than a quarter of the price and people that bring it back sell it for £3.50 a packet, same as 20 Regal cigerrates which in the U.K costs nearly £5 but if you buy them of people who bring them back from overseas it costs you £2.50 and most of them are real cigerrates/tobacco etc.. because the snides/imertations etc.. dont sell because once people try them if there not real they wont get them again, unless they want to smoke crappy chemicals

Im just lucky that i only smoke rarely and its mostly when i go out for a drink, then i can be a heavy smoker for the night, but theres no addiction for me and theres no way i would pay the goverment tax's to kill myself

The fact they cost more actualy encourages people to smoke less. If i buy a box of snides i go through them in no time giving some away cause there so cheap. If i've paid a fiver for a box i tend to be more misely and don't offer as many to others. It does'nt work in ever case but it is logical. High tax on cigs pays for allot of things, money that otherwise would be taken in taxes from us all.

One of the main reasons I stopped smoking was the price. I'm not complaining' date=' I'm stating it's certainly a deterant that will eventually cause a lot of people to try and give up.[/quote']

I dont think it will stop that many people from smoking, it will stop a small percent, but it just makes bootleggers people that bring them from overseas etc... more custom and more money from selling them in pubs and on the streets