Intresting news about PPV buyrate

Danny Styles

I know alot of people me included, though that the Great American Bash was awful and was the worst ppv of the year...

The early buyrate number is in for last month's Unforgiven PPV and it's not good. The show did just 225,000 buys for the Raw brand PPV, which is less than the 235,000 buys that Smackdown-only brand Great American Bash did in June. Internally, there are fears inside WWE that tomorrow's No Mercy PPV could do less than 200,000 buys given the state of the Smackdown product, coupled with the move to Friday nights and September preemptions in big markets. Last night, they finally got on their normal night in New York and Boston, only to get an unforeseen cancellation in Los Angeles.

However, in contrast, WWE has announced that some recent PPV buyrates are much higher than they originally reported, including the ECW One Night Stand show. Last month, in their quarterly earnings release, they said that the ECW show did about 268,000 buys. Now, they are saying it did 325,000 buys. They said that Vengeance did about 320,000 buys and have upped that number to about 370,000. Backlash was listed at 273,000 and is now up to about 325,000. Judgment Day was 236,000 and now they are saying it did about 265,000. The Great American Bash was listed at 233,000 and is the only show that stayed where it was originally reported. The reason that the buyrates have gone up are that some cable systems are painfully slow in reporting their buy information. [/Quote]

it just suprised me that Unforgiven drew less and thought i would share it with you.. maybe Cena isn;t a draw hey :D

your thoughts?

I know alot of people me included, though that the Great American Bash was awful and was the worst ppv of the year...

it just suprised me that Unforgiven drew less and thought i would share it with you.. maybe Cena isn;t a draw hey :D

your thoughts?

Cena not a draw!!!!! Well I'm completely stunned. I guess when Cena says "You can't see me" he's talking to the wrestling fans at home NOT buying his crappy ppv!

I admit to HHH adding to the buyrates. But although I loathe Cena as champion, and cant believe I would defend him in any way, but ALL the blame shouldnt be dumped on his title reign, after all the rest of the card for Unforgiven was booked poorly. The fact that WWE cant seem to put together a decent card worth paying for is whats to blame.

On this flip side, it could mean that Triple H adds to the buyrate

But of course not, no one on TWO would admit that...

He adds to the buyrate of a PPV that drew worse than the Great American Bash... yeah, way to defend the HHH argument.

Vengeance drew well for sure, but let's look at why: HHH v Batista in a Hell In A Cell match. They didn't draw too well at Backlash even with Hulk Hogan on the card so the gimmick match obviously played a factor. Plus, the Shawn/Kurt rematch AND John Cena defending HIS title as well. It was a stacked card, it had to draw.

I thought it was Unforgiven' date=' but I realised he wasn't actually on the PPV. But then he wasn't at Summerslam either, and that rating SKYROCKETED. It's way more than a HHH factor.[/quote']

Hence why i said he "adds" something to the ratings

Hunter has his haterisers, but there's a lot more fans out there who would go to a PPV to see him over many others

Oh yeah, he 'adds' a little. But I think he adds as much as a Kurt Angle or a Shawn Michaels does. If Cena were off the show and HHH was on it, who knows whether the ratings would have been affected (although I have no doubts that merchandise sales would have been down).

I think it's ok to say he adds something. It's when people confuse him for a draw, which he never has been.

I'll happily admit that Triple H has never been a huge draw. There's not really anything that makes him stand out from anyone else. To me he's just good at everything from in-ring to his work

I'm just a WWE fan in general, and would watch a PPV regardless of the card - mostly out of habit i suppose

I always wonder what the state of the product what be like right if Cena was a lot more solid in the ring

I maintain that it's not his ringwork. I think it's the fact that he has been pushed down everyones throats with a limited-shelflife gimmick. If ability mattered, Botchista would be booed - he's not overexposed though, so he gets away with it. Plus, Cena matches do get reactions, no matter how positive or negative. It's clearly a pro-opponent anti-Cena chant, rather than an apathetic This match sucks reaction.

People forget that Cena hasn't deteriorated talent-wise, and wasn't given an unearned push - he was thrust into the main event face scene by the fans reactions to him.

Absolutley no way the referee had any impact on the ratings whatsoever' date=' it's just not possible.[/quote']

What are you talking about? Some little chumpstain like Deivari, a talentless hack, in the main event just REEKS of cheap gimmickry. Angle and Cena can go, we've seen that, pointlessly adding some guy who just shows up only hurts the match.

Next up in TNA Rhyno vs Jeff Jarrett with Zack Gowen as the special referee. Yeah, SMELL THE RATINGS!!

I think too many people think one wrestler on his own can draw. I'm not saying certain wrestlers add to a product more than others, but if any company wants to get big PPV numbers if the whole show that needs to be good.

Would Hulk Hogan of drawn big ratings for WWF, in say, 1995, if he hadn't of gone to WCW? I doubt it. If Austin had been given his big push then too, it wouldn't of changed anything.

The all round product needs to be something special, that can get the audience to buy the shows. While a wrestler will add a small amount, it really is a small amount really.

Give Triple H the belt, and book the shows brilliantly, and you will have big ratings. Give Triple H the belt, and book constant sh*t, and you will get tiny ratings.

Why ddin't Shawn Michaels 'draw'? He had nearly everything back then, except possibly 'the look', and he and Bret did absolutely nothing for ratings. If you didn't have the beyond ridiculous booking, and gimmicks, maybe we would all be sitting here saying Michaels did draw, and not the opposite.

• Like 1

Wait, Im sorry, I was thinking of the SS match. Their Unforgiven match was EONS better than that piece of crap. Masters vs. HBK was a great carry job by HBK and Masters working hard to pull his weight. Carlito vs. Flair was good and Flair was on fire the whole night in this promos and of course the cage match was great. The WWE havent had a "top to bottom" garbage card ever as there is always a match or 2 to keep people intersted. Anyone who doesnt agree is just on the "Hate the WWE/Love TNA bandwagon" Edited by Kaedon

Wait' date=' Im sorry, I was thinking of the SS match. Their Unforgiven match was EONS better than that piece of crap. Masters vs. HBK was a great carry job by HBK and Masters working hard to pull his weight. Carlito vs. Flair was good and Flair was on fire the whole night in this promos and of course the cage match was great. The WWE havent had a "top to bottom" garbage card ever as there is always a match or 2 to keep people intersted. Anyone who doesnt agree is just on the "Hate the WWE/Love TNA bandwagon"[/quote']

Yeah and what a great undercard: Big Show vs Snitsky, Trish & Ashley vs Victoria & Torrie, Cade & Murdoch vs Hurricane and Rosie, Shelton vs Kerwin, Michaels vs Masters.

Daivari being the ref of the title match has squat to do with the buyrate, Cena vs Angle wasn't a draw and neither was the undercard.

BTW im saying the PPV sucked, so that means I love TNA ?

Yeah and what a great undercard: Big Show vs Snitsky, Trish & Ashley vs Victoria & Torrie, Cade & Murdoch vs Hurricane and Rosie, Shelton vs Kerwin, Michaels vs Masters.

Daivari being the ref of the title match has squat to do with the buyrate, Cena vs Angle wasn't a draw and neither was the undercard.

BTW im saying the PPV sucked, so that means I love TNA ?

No, but you are most definatley on the "WWE sucks" bandwagon because all I see you do is complain, that and be a hypocrite.