Space Cadets

Popsi

Anyone been watching this? For those that have missed it or arent in the UK basically a tv channel has chosen a group of 4 people to go to space. Except they're actually in a simulator in Ipswich the crew and one of the contestants is an actor. Its a hugmongous hoax.

Ive been watching it and ive got a few dilemmas. Firstly is it fair to do this to people? Its quite sweet seeing how excited they all were when they were told they were going to ‘space’ and how amazed they were when the actually got there. It seems pretty cruel that basically its just taking the piss out of them cos they have believed a complex (and very realistic) hoax.

And my second dilemma is this – that in fact the show itself is a hoax on us. I know at least 3 of the contestants have been on tv previously – one on the Gordon Ramsey give blood advert, one of the Coach Trip show and another on a different reality tv show. So what do you think, could they all in fact be actors and Channel 4 is playing a great big hoax on all of us viewers instead? Would be pretty cool if that were the case.

I've been keeping about half an eye on it, I'm sorry but I don't find any entertainment watching people sleep on E4. One of them is an actor and the other three are just a little dumb IMO. I thought it would be a bit better than it is, I really want them to see a UFO or get contacted by some "beings". It's ok though, when are they going tell the contestants that didn't make it, that it's a hoax? I'd like to see that.

They told them last night but it will be shown tonight, i think basically the only episodes worth watching are gonna be tonights and tomorrows when they reveal it to the contestants onboard.

And as for the sleeping thing, same argument for big brother...

And my second dilemma is this – that in fact the show itself is a hoax on us. I know at least 3 of the contestants have been on tv previously – one on the Gordon Ramsey give blood advert, one of the Coach Trip show and another on a different reality tv show. So what do you think, could they all in fact be actors and Channel 4 is playing a great big hoax on all of us viewers instead? Would be pretty cool if that were the case.

I saw this! The bloke with the afro was on the blood advert.fools.

I've been watching but havent really been paying attention,so I thought maybe the afro guy was one of the inside actors,is he?

I'm loving this show, such a great idea. And the fact that it's actually working is just a testiment to how suggestable these people are. They really are just complete idiots. I can't wait for the reveal too, because the way that they do it is bound to be hilarious.

They told them last night but it will be shown tonight, i think basically the only episodes worth watching are gonna be tonights and tomorrows when they reveal it to the contestants onboard.

And as for the sleeping thing, same argument for big brother...

They can't surely be revealing to the "astronauts" so soon? Are they not going to scare the crap out of them first? ALIENS!!!! ALIENSSS!!!! Aw come on!!

Is tonight the big reveal then? I think this show has been great' date=' Johnny Vaughan has been annoying as ever but other than that the whole concept has been exceedingly amusing.[/quote']

No, Friday is the reveal. Tonight they just tell the other cadets who didn't get in the truth.

all i am going to say is that if people are:

A) willing to go on TV in a relatiy style show and make arses out of them self and also

B) gullabe enought to beleve that a TV show is going to send you to space then they have whats coming to them.

However when they find out that will be the funniest thing i have ever seen on TV second to when the blokes found out that Mirriam was a Bloke :lol