Da Vinci Code Trailer

Russ

Click here to see the Da Vinci Code Trailer.

This is going to make so much money, they didn't even need to put any effort in. The trailer looks fantastic though, so I'm sold on it. The casting is spot on, Richie Cunningham is perfect to direct this kind of over the top adventure mystery movie and the overall feel of the book is just 100% spot on. Don't expect Oscars for this, but everyone knows it's going to make a fortune.

If you've read the book, do you think they've done a good job? If you've not read the book, does this look like something you'd go and see?

Stolen from another forum, not sure on the original source so will add that when I find it :

A scooper over at Coming Soon has uncovered a secret code hidden within the new Da Vinci Code trailer. Towards the end of the preview, you'll notice that certain letters light up. When pulled out and re-arranged, these letters form the words, "Seek The Codes." Digging deeper, the scooper checked out the website SeektheCodes.com and, at first glance, it appears as if it's just some regular old blog. However, the domain is registered to Sony Pictures Entertainment. Score!

The blog itself is filled with several different puzzles that I'm just way too lazy to figure out. I assume this is just the beginning to what could be a neat little "find the next clue" journey leading up to the release of the film. Personally, I dig this kind of marketing because it's unique, doesn't exactly spoil too much and it adds some fun flavor to your average movie marketing campaign. Should you discover anything interesting, let us know. Oh, and in case you missed it, the HD trailer for The Da Vinci Code went live last night.