Crap 80s/early 90s American tv high school shows?

MojoPogo

After a recent day off due to illness, i ended watching all sorts of crap on the tv, but somehow, couldnt stop myself, i ended up watching the inane, drippy likes of Saved by the Bell, USA High, Hang Time and City Guys......crap, but addictive, sugary crap. Kind of like the McDonalds of kids tv!

Anybody else share memories of terrible transatlantic tv tosh? (wow, alliteration!) :D

After a recent day off due to illness' date=' i ended watching all sorts of crap on the tv, but somehow, couldnt stop myself, i ended up watching the inane, drippy likes of [b']Saved by the Bell[/b], USA High, Hang Time and City Guys......crap, but addictive, sugary crap. Kind of like the McDonalds of kids tv!

Anybody else share memories of terrible transatlantic tv tosh? (wow, alliteration!) :D

OH MY GOD!!! :eek :eek how dare you, saved by the bell, along with the fresh prince are the two best TV Shows to come out of the US :lol

I used to be obsessed with John Paul Golessear...or what ever, thinknig he was a true legend. Now that I have come to my senses, I think of him as an idiot. What the hell is Screech? Smart or idiotic?

All the others reminded me too much of SBTB, so I never got into them. PEter Engle seems to be the man behind most of them.

I used to be obsessed with John Paul Golessear...or what ever, thinknig he was a true legend. Now that I have come to my senses, I think of him as an idiot. What the hell is Screech? Smart or idiotic?

All the others reminded me too much of SBTB, so I never got into them. PEter Engle seems to be the man behind most of them.

Thats what i mean, they were all the same really with different casts. But Saved by the Bell was the best of a bad bunch! Tiffany Amber Thiessen........sigh.....:devil

After a recent day off due to illness, i ended watching all sorts of crap on the tv, but somehow, couldnt stop myself, i ended up watching the inane, drippy likes of Saved by the Bell, USA High, Hang Time and City Guys......crap, but addictive, sugary crap. Kind of like the McDonalds of kids tv!

These shows were fantastic, I loved all of them in my teens and early 20's. Some were even shown on Trouble TV recently. I also use to love Degrassi Junior High.

Nah Saved by the bell only worked when they were young and in school, the college years werent as good. I used to watch it pretty much whenever it was on.

I love cheesy american teenage programmes - the ultimate worst one was the one with the twins based on some books. Cant remember the name of it, but one of the twins was in Dawsons Creek as Dawsons love interest for a while.

Hang Time is great, its so awful its brilliant!

And how can i forget Boy meets World! Absolute classic!

And cheers Fill for the edit.

Edited by Popsi

They ruined Saved by the Bell with the new class. Screech as a teacher / headmaster's assistant never really worked!

I disagree. I thought he and Belding had great chemistry together. It was the rest of the cast that sucked. Same with Saved By The Bell: The College Years. The guys had great chemistry, but I wasn't huge on the girls who replaced Jessie and Lisa.

I remember all those shows too, they were great. USA High, California Dreams, Hang Time, Malibu, City Guys, SBTB, plus you had stuff like Hangin' With Mr. Cooper, The Steve Harvey Show, One World, Blossom, Boy Meets World, Fresh Prince Of Bel Air, Sabrina if she counts (she was in school a lot...), and BBC had Heartbreak High and Sweet Valley High too, although they weren't exactly comedies.

They don't make them like they used to :(

Edited by DraVen