Why does Dynamite Kid hate Davey Boy?

daz2005

It was something to do with how Dynamite left the WWE i believe, he had a fight with one of the Rougeau brothers (Jacques, i believe) and expected Davey to quit on principle. he didnt, and their already simmering feud erupted. I dont know if thats the only cause, but i know its a lot to do with how it started.

I heard a slightly different version.......

by the late eighties Dynamite was a wreck and Vince knew this, so chose not to renew his contract. Dynamite, thinking he could still make some money, decided to go to Japan under the assumption Davey would go with him. Only one problem, Vince kept Davey on and Davey wanted to stay. Pretty much knowing he wouldn't draw as much on his own and his body really couldn't hack a 20 minute singles match, the Kid got a little upset. By little I mean steam shooting from ears upset.....

Its OK guys, Im here to save the day.

According to Dynamite (gathered from his book and interviews) there had been tension ever since they were kids (no reason that I can remember, but I think Davey tried too hard to be Tommy), despite this they became a tag team ect ect ect.

Then Tommy decided to go to Japan as he didnt think there was anything left for him to do in WWE as part of a team (plus given his size no way would he have been pushed in the 80s WWF as a singles guy). However as already said Davey Boy decided to stay with WWF despite telling Dynamite that he had already told Vince he was leaving. So when Dynamite turned up alone some people were a touch surprised.

Later on Davey did tell people he died for no reason other than pure spite.

And despite what Wyndy said Tommy could still go, he got limited for a while in WWF due to his back, but an operation easedthe problem for a while. Tommy won a few belts in Japan (including a World Title he claims in his book, shame I cant find other proof of that).

Shame he didnt retire when he could walk.....Kurt take notice of what could happen.

The Dynamite Kid, one of the greatest EVER (IMO he is the best) beyond a shadow of a doubt. Shame hes such a bitter man now.

Its OK guys, Im here to save the day.

According to Dynamite (gathered from his book and interviews) there had been tension ever since they were kids (no reason that I can remember, but I think Davey tried too hard to be Tommy), despite this they became a tag team ect ect ect.

Then Tommy decided to go to Japan as he didnt think there was anything left for him to do in WWE as part of a team (plus given his size no way would he have been pushed in the 80s WWF as a singles guy). However as already said Davey Boy decided to stay with WWF despite telling Dynamite that he had already told Vince he was leaving. So when Dynamite turned up alone some people were a touch surprised.

Later on Davey did tell people he died for no reason other than pure spite.

And despite what Wyndy said Tommy could still go, he got limited for a while in WWF due to his back, but an operation easedthe problem for a while. Tommy won a few belts in Japan (including a World Title he claims in his book, shame I cant find other proof of that).

Shame he didnt retire when he could walk.....Kurt take notice of what could happen.

The Dynamite Kid, one of the greatest EVER (IMO he is the best) beyond a shadow of a doubt. Shame hes such a bitter man now.

Wow. Just think, if Dynamite would've played his cards right and stayed totally healthy he may have had the success in the WWE his protege(Chris Benoit) found later on down the line. IMO DK indeed was one of the best athletes in the WWE back in the glory days.

But he will always been remembered as being a sidekick rather than a top contender to any singles titles. Davey Boy on the other hand had great success as a singles competitor. When you compare both of their careers it doesnt come as a shock that Mr.Wellington is a tad bitter about it.:devil