Next Gen games - what would you like to see?

MojoPogo

What would you like to see from next gen games? By all account the Xbox 360 has had successful, if controversial launch, but for the couple of gems in the line up (PDZ, Call of Duty, PGR3), there has in my opinion been too many remakes of old franchises that have not done enough to take advantage of the power available and seem to have been rushed out purely to give the machine "some software" to be available at launch. Im not saying these franchises should not be available on the machine but i'd prefer it if the increased power and scope of the next generation were properly, in terms of taking them in a new direction. For example, if Madden were not rushed but left for say 6 mths, can you imagine what they could have achieved? Same goes for Fifa and Need for Speed?

I admit, a console cannot be judged purely on its launch, and in that respect i am willing to wait and see, but i was just wondering if anyone else was left just slightly disappointed with some of the games......and if so, what would you like to see form the new gen of consoles?

I would like Sony to do something ORIGINAL. All of their products have been copies of others, with a minor adjustment, there's nothing new coming from them at all.

I would like to see Microsoft take the next step with Live and make it into a real Community, rather than just a stats system - maybe have a way to voice-chat with your friends whenever they are online.

I would love for people to take the Revolution seriously, for what it is, and not be the "sheep" that have to love the huge-ass corporation that is Sony, even though they say they hate Microsoft because it's a huge-ass corporation.

I would like people to look for games that have GAMEPLAY and not something which is the gimmick of the moment, or looks pretty but plays like crap (I'm looking at Sony games again).

I would like games that have more than 40 hours of gameplay, and not the same repetitive back and forthing that usually happens, but give it some evolution in gameplay, and give us something enjoyable to play.

I would like some new games, not just sequel after sequel - again I'm looking at Sony - games that make you sit up and go "wow", not "oh look, it's Tekken 27 and GTA 53".

Maybe I'm asking too much. :P

• Like 1

No, i think its perfectly reasonable not to expect to be force fed a diet of sequels and mass produced crap all the time after shelling out close to $500 for a new console, and with all the marketing bumph and hooha, its about time one of the big boys consoles actually lived up to the hype. Remember the "emotion engine" crap regarding the ps2? Exactly.

I would like to see Microsoft take the next step with Live and make it into a real Community' date=' rather than just a stats system - maybe have a way to voice-chat with your friends whenever they are online.[/quote']When SOCOM 3 is out for PS2, that is going to have an integrated forum in it, to arrange matches etc. It's dtrange this kind of thing has never been done before. In the past you had to resort to Gamebattles to find matches, o r talk about games, with exception of the PS.com forums. It's a nice addition, that I have never heard of another game having, but feel free to correct me there. I'd liek it to be on all games. After all, if online games didn't have comms, who would play them? It's all about the community.

I would love for people to take the Revolution seriously' date=' for what it is, and not be the "sheep" that have to love the huge-ass corporation that is Sony, even though they say they hate Microsoft because it's a huge-ass corporation.[/quote']The main buyers of computer games, are probably around 15-25 year olds, and a lot of Ninendo's main games, are aimed at childeren. For SEGA's Sonic, you have Nintendo's Mario. It's the leading game on the console, and it gives a bad image to gamers in that age category, I meantioned earlier.

The games industry ahs moved on, since mario would get you sales. Unfortunatly, Nintendo haven't moved with the rest of the industry, hence being behind xBox and PlayStation. If Nintendo want to be taken seriosuly, literally bring out more serious games. Simple as.

That was a sweet, sweet game. I really want an awe inspiring version of Zelda, Mario 128 (proper, none of this Sunshine rubbish) and Illusion of Time.....but i'd like more games like Super Monkey Ball, Rez, Amplitude and the likes too! Treasure, PLEASE make more games! Another Ikaruga type shooter would be nice!

Jack, i think you'll find Nintendo don't aim their games at kids, they aim them at gamers!

If the games industry has moved on since Mario, why in the hell has Super Mario 64DS sold more copies than the entire PSP launch line up put together?

It's like saying "wrestling's moved on since Hulk Hogan"......

.....But he's still the biggest star!

Unfortunatly, Nintendo haven't moved with the rest of the industry, hence being behind xBox and PlayStation. If Nintendo want to be taken seriosuly, literally bring out more serious games. Simple as.

Damn! I just read you post again, do you mean the same XBox and Playstation that have been outsold by the GameBoy Advance, which as luck has it, is a Nintendo console?

I do somewhat agree with 'too many sequels!' however I would kill for a remake of Blast Corps.

RARE have said they might look into doing a sequel for the 360, now that would be awesome. Blast Corps was one hell of a game back in the day of the mighty N64. Just loved using the A-Team van!

I would like to see Microsoft take the next step with Live and make it into a real Community' date=' rather than just a stats system - maybe have a way to voice-chat with your friends whenever they are online.[/quote']

I've not used it yet, but I belive this is apart of the XBOX 360 already, with Video chat coming later on.

Jack, i think you'll find Nintendo don't aim their games at kids, they aim them at gamers!

If the games industry has moved on since Mario, why in the hell has Super Mario 64DS sold more copies than the entire PSP launch line up put together?

It's like saying "wrestling's moved on since Hulk Hogan"......

.....But he's still the biggest star!

I agree completely with that, I mean Mario games arent just aimed for kids, like how many people under the age of 18 be playing games like Grand Theft Auto??probably more than over 18s??

Edited by The Genetic Jackhammer

If you think that Res Evil is a kid's game' date=' then I'd worry about your children. :lol[/quote']

I have sat my neice and nethew down while i have played Resident Evil on the Game Cube before..... It's good to show them the correct manner for cleaning up Zombies, you can never be to carefull when the whordes of the undead come groaning your way :xyx :lol

I have sat my neice and nethew down while i have played Resident Evil on the Game Cube before..... It's good to show them the correct manner for cleaning up Zombies' date=' you can never be to carefull when the whordes of the undead come groaning your way :xyx :lol[/quote']

:D I agree! Havent you SEEN Shaun of the Dead??? Random zombie scenarios could happen at any time! but back to topic, what i've noticed about nintendo this year though is the amount of crap, mario related games they've released which is a bit disturbing because they were never willing to exploit any of their franchises before. Mario Soccer? Puh-lease.

Edited by MrFill

I have sat my neice and nethew down while i have played Resident Evil on the Game Cube before..... It's good to show them the correct manner for cleaning up Zombies' date=' you can never be to carefull when the whordes of the undead come groaning your way :xyx :lol[/quote']

:D I agree! Havent you SEEN Shaun of the Dead??? Random zombie scenarios could happen at any time! but back to topic, what i've noticed about nintendo this year though is the amount of crap, mario related games they've released which is a bit disturbing because they were never willing to exploit any of their franchises before. Mario Soccer? Puh-lease.

Trust me i have seen Shaun of the Dead about 35 to 40 times. I know i am pretty safe.

But going back to the dissucssion of next gen games I think i will get a Revolution if they release some great games and reconisable games as well (for example Mario Kart) However i have heard a rumor about the new EA fight night game that with the power of the next gen machines they will be doing away with health meters and the gamer will have to judge when they should go for the kill depending on the brusing on the face ect

Edited by MrFill