Breakout stars of 2005

2 hottie

Samoa Joe for making it to the national stage and continuing to shine, would probably be a good candidate. Batista, aswell, for being pretty much a nobody in January and then taking Randy Ortons spot in what was supposed to be his WrestleMania, hammering HHH in three consecutive matches to steal the gold and holding the title for yonks.

Actually' date=' all of those guys had really good years, pity about the injury to Kennedy though. Hopefully he can come back stronger than ever, like Batista did after his injury funnily enough.[/quote']

What injury did Batista have and when mate? You dont mean the one he has right now do you?

EDIT: Carlito for me. I think I started watching again Very shortly after be started in WWE.

Edited by the HiTman

No, when he first came in, just after he'd split with Reverend D'Von (legend!), he had a very similar injury to the one he has now and was out for quite a while, during which time apparently he REALLY went to school, trying to learn how to pad out his character, ring psychology, all that kind of thing, and as you know, when he came back he got that spot with Evolution and the rest is history. I believe whatever he did during his time out helped him greatly, as whether you like him or not, you have to admire how he's gone from total jobber, to world champion...its a cool story. I heard rumours he almost got fired in that time as well, which is what triggered his thirst to learn about the business etc. There you go.

I don't mean to criticize peoples opinions but how can people say Lashley?He's been around since what October? and defeated Nunzio,William Regal,Vito & Simon Dean which means? nothing as they are glorified jobbers.Sorry he was awesome at Survivor series?oh yeah he gott eliminated by ONE chokeslam after being in the ring for two minutes.Such a brake out star.

Samoa Joe for making it to the national stage and continuing to shine' date=' would probably be a good candidate.[/quote']Yeah, I'd agree with that. I don't think 2005 has been Joe's best year, but he has made a big jump from an indy prospect to TNA. His best year was easily 2004 for me, so far anyway.

I know his RoH reign started in 2003, but it really kicked off in 2004, before le lost to Austin Aires at the latter part fo the year. Excellent matches with a lot of wrestlers, inclusing the stand out match from Joe vs Punk II, which was obviously againgst CM Punk.

I really can't see him beating 2004 whilst in TNA, to be perfectly honest. His RoH reign, and straight up classics with Punk made that year for him, and the only wrestler better than Punk right nowon the indies, is Bryan Danielson. Hopefully that match does happen.

I don't like how Joe's matches are all so similar, and I want to see him tested againgst a better wrestler, and that is AmDrag, which will hopefully relight my interest in him, which has died down from the first time I was desperate to see someone who was so hgihly rated.

I think I'd go with Rocky Romero. I'm a big fan of his, and this has been the year were he has stood out. From the tag division with Ricky Reyes, to a singles push, and the 4th black Tiger, putting on some incredible matches throughout the year. no other wrestler, to me, has made such a big change in 2005, so he is definetly a very hot prospect. He had one of my Top 5 matches of the year, againgst James Gibson (Jamie Noble - who is another improved wrestler), at Manhattan Mayhem (If you have TWC, watch any RoH this week, for this match, and some other classic bouts from the show).