Christmas dinner......

MojoPogo

Call me an old gimmer, but i love a traditional Christmas spread, with turkey and stuffing and all the trimmings, (except for sprouts, they're absolutely vile), washed down with a nice proper ale, or mulled wine! Cracking stuff, plus as cynical as i am, the family atmosphere for me is just brilliant.

whats everyone else planning? Trad, New Age, or just getting completely ripped out your head?:thumbsup

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im with Dra, as long as my family is there i dont mind. This is the first time in 5 years that my dad isnt working on christmas day and we're gonna enjoy it.

We wont be having a big roast dinner, we have a buffet in the evening now which includes a honey and brownsugar glazed gammon joint, a crown of turkey, jacket potatoes, salad stuff, little sauages wrapped in bacon, crusty bread and other stuff like that.

It suits us better, and I actually prefer it.

We're going to go round my Aunties where a big part of the family are meeting so it should be good playing on new games, listening to new music and whatever else comes along. Xmas dinner should be brill, I love it at my house much better but it still tastes dam good at my Aunties.

Well I'm cooking. It's all coming out of the freezer too. We're having chicken, not turkey and breasts not a whole one. The gravy will be made from boiling water and instant granules and the pudding done in the microwave. I did it from scratch last year and I'm a bit annoyed that I have to do it again this year (we have a guest, wyndorf would be happy with bangers and mash :lol ) and although dinner was lovely last time, I happened to be slightly intoxicated by the time it got to the table. This year I'm planning on going one better and being acutely intoxicated by serving time so the easier it is, the better for me. ;)

Go down to the local Indian because my family think it's too much bother all the washing up afterwards.... you eat a large meal, the last thing you want is a kitchen-full of dirty dishes looking at you everytime you go through for another glass of.... irn bru.....

So carry-out is easier, quicker and can be cleaned up in two minutes ! !

My Gramps is coming around for the day, which will mean having to have the Queens speech on, even though he will fall asleep, and then deny it (he always claims that he was just resting his eyes). :lol

We normally have turkey and all the trimmings, not that I have noticed the past couple of years as I have been tipsy verging on drunk before I have my dinner.

Im cooking for me and Snicks. Yeah food poisoning all round then

Starter a nice orange juice me thinks. Main course as we're both very fussy and stuff will be Turkey Breast, Toad in the hole, Pigs in blankets and chips, and desert shall be cadburys chocolate microwave pudding and chocolate icecream :)

Last year's Xmas dinner was a nightmare - we'd just moved in and didn't have a fitted cooker yet - so it was Micro Pizza, chips from the deep fat frier and some veggies done in the steamer :(

Usually, we have Steak Pie (we don't do turkey in our house - nobody likes it) and assorted veggies (broccoli, sprouts, cauliflower, cabbage, mashed potatoes, roast potatoes, garlic & mint potatoes - for whatever reasons, the kids love all the veggies!) and various other bits n pieces - hash browns, onion rings, waffles, potato croquettes, chips and a nice cheese sauce to put over the veggies.

Course, I don't eat any of the veggies. Bah.