What else could be done?

Murph

With everybody asking "How to challenge WWE?", there is a question beneath "What else is there left to do?".

There's TNA, a kind of small WWE with faster-paced action, ROH-Old school wrestling at it's finest and ECW-Hardcore wrestling, and there is WWE, a mixture of all. It's all been done, so what else is there left to do?

On the whole, the Attitude Era was just as sh*t as RAW and SmackDown! are now. A lot more 'WrestleCrap' around then. The Attitude Era only really picked up, at around 2000. Whilst 1997-99 brought in big numbers, the product was poor except the odd feud, which was a success such as McMahon vs Austin.

However, it did bring in the fans, so that's says something.

What else could be done? Put out a programme aimed at entertainment fans. More emphasis on storylines, and less wrestling on RAW and SmackDown!.

It's not what I would like ideally, but if WWE want higher ratings, that's the way to go. Most smarks were angry at the entertainment on RAW this week, yet it got big numbers, and it wasn't due to wrestling. I'd expect the SmackDown! ratings to go up aswell, if they continue putting on skits such as last weeks.

Other than that, get some decent writers. With the current writers putting out bad entertainment on the whole, if they could be replaced with better writers, who have more innovative ideas, obviously the product would be changed.

Not much ese to say other than that really. More emphasis on entertainment, and better writers, for this entertainment.

On the whole, the Attitude Era was just as sh*t as RAW and SmackDown! are now. A lot more 'WrestleCrap' around then. The Attitude Era only really picked up, at around 2000. Whilst 1997-99 brought in big numbers, the product was poor except the odd feud, which was a success such as McMahon vs Austin.

However, it did bring in the fans, so that's says something.

What else could be done? Put out a programme aimed at entertainment fans. More emphasis on storylines, and less wrestling on RAW and SmackDown!.

It's not what I would like ideally, but if WWE want higher ratings, that's the way to go. Most smarks were angry at the entertainment on RAW this week, yet it got big numbers, and it wasn't due to wrestling. I'd expect the SmackDown! ratings to go up aswell, if they continue putting on skits such as last weeks.

Other than that, get some decent writers. With the current writers putting out bad entertainment on the whole, if they could be replaced with better writers, who have more innovative ideas, obviously the product would be changed.

Not much ese to say other than that really. More emphasis on entertainment, and better writers, for this entertainment.

Big problem with this idea is that Steph will not be replaced as head writer and all idea's go through Vince, so if she doesn't like an idea it does happen and all her idea's (no matter how bad) will appear on out tv screens each week.

Now as for this whole Entertainment thing, Vince can say his company is what ever he likes but at its core it will always be a WRESTLING show, if there is any less wrestling on it may as well be a sitcom, go back to action in the ring and cut back the talking and you'll find that alot of the old fans come back, there is a reason WWE's biggest years were in late 80's to mid 90's thats when they had little chat and lots of action!

I'm sure different hybrids of wrestling will evolve just like any sport seems to evolve. 1950s football is very different to modern football much like 1950s wrestling is very different to modern wrestling. I think they need to slow down and not to try and force a new style. Just stick to working the way they are, just book things better. In time, the business will progress.

Competition is also important. I urge all millionaires out there reading to start their own wrestling companies.