Elimination Chamber qualifying matches

Howie

From WWE.com

Mr. McMahon has ordered a series of Elimination Chamber Qualifying matches to determine who will face WWE Champion John Cena in the Elimination Chamber at New Year's Revolution. It will be Kurt Angle vs. Ric Flair, Shelton Benjamin vs. Carlito, Chris Masters vs. Viscera, Shawn Michaels vs. Big Show and Triple H vs. Kane. Who will advance? Watch RAW to find out.

Why does Viscera even get a chance to qualify for the chamber? Obviously he won't be in it, so can assume that Masters is. I would expect Angle to beat Flair because there might be an IC title defence on ppv. The rest are hard to predict, as Big Show/HHH may be feuding as well as Shelton/HBK so they may be in individual matches at NYR.

• Like 1

Ok, my predictions are Kurt Angle, Shelton Benjamin, Viscera(cause I don't want Masters to win), Shawn Micheals, Kane.

Then with Kane in the chamber there can't be a tag team title defense, so Triple H will be free to fued with Big Show(since Micheals will beat him), and (since Angle will beat Flair)Flair will be free to fued with Edge.

I'm guessing that Masters will, of course win his match and enter the match seeing as he doesn't have a fued.

Carlito vs Shelton, I could very easily see Shelton advancing to the Chamber match, which would allow Shelton to perform the acrobatic moves in the match, and have Shawn beat Big Show, so that HBK and Shelton can carry there fued over. Triple H could beat Kane, allowing the Tag Champs to be free and defend at the PPV, and Angle could beat Flair, entering the chamber, and it would be a good transition for Cena from the Angle fued to the HHH fued.

Another possibility would be for Carlito to beat Shelton, Big Show to beat HBK, and HHH to beat Kane. Allowing HBK and Shelton to face in a match, but then the tag champs would be separated, unless they lose them before the PPV on Raw. Only problem is, they have squashed every team on Raw and it would be very strange to have a team that they squashed one week defeat them the next. Then again this is WWE.

Either way, I see the match ending up as:

John Cena vs Triple H vs Shelton Benjamin vs Shawn Michaels vs Chris Masters vs Kurt Angle

-OR-

John Cena vs Triple H vs Big Show vs Kurt Angle vs Chris Masters vs Carlito

Kurt Angle' date=' Benjamin, Masters, HBK and HHH will be in the chamber along with Cena in my view[/quote']

I'd go with that, except I'd pick Carlito to go over Shelton. Cool is a much bigger player than Benjamin.

Oh and Viscera? WTF! I'm not a big Edge fan, but surely he's a bigger star than Viscera!

Another big mistake WWE make, is that the Tag Champs and the I.C. champ shouldn't be involved at all. They should be defending their titles, you know, like champions do.

Edge is injured still isn't he?

Oh, silly me. I guess it just has to be Big Vis, then..............although Gene's not doing much at the minute.....

I know I'm getting wound up about a guy that's going to job to a guy that really is going into the match, but still, Viscera!!!????

Oh, silly me. I guess it just has to be Big Vis, then..............although Gene's not doing much at the minute.....

I know I'm getting wound up about a guy that's going to job to a guy that really is going into the match, but still, Viscera!!!????

He's a non main-event, non-upper mid card face, that is big enough that it will allow WWE to sell it like Chris Masters had a tough challenge to get into the match.

That or Masters needs some loving.

Edited by Craig

Here are my picks.

1.)Cena

2.)HHH (I can't see Trips loosing to Kane and not taking place in the chamber.)

3.)Angle

4.)HBK (Same as HHH and there's no way he's gonna loose to Big Show to be a in little feud with Shelton and missing the EC match.)

5.)Masters (Really, does anyone think Vince will put Big Vis in an Elimination Chamber match? No Chance in Hell.)

6.)Carlito (Carlito is by far a bigger name than Shelton, and I can see Shelton loosing and making him more frustrated, therefore the heel turn later at some point.)

My predictionamifications.

Ric Flair.

Carlito.

Chris Masters.

Big Show.

Triple H.

Flair over Angle, that's like Vis beating Masters.

And I don't think Vince is going to put Flair over Angle after Flair's little incident.

And Big Show over Micheals, nah, I don't think they could fit Show in one of those chambers.

And ALSO' date=' Cena losing in an Elimination Chamber might be a way to 'protect him' (compared to losing a 1 on 1 match).[/quote']

I personally thought that having Daivari as a special ref at Survivor Series was the perfect excuse for Cena to drop the title and was probably a better way to protect him because if he loses the title here (which is unlikely), he'll have to get pinned fairly.

And my predictions are ...

Angle

Carlito

Masters

Michaels

Kane

This is pretty much based on the assumption that the HHH/Big Show feud will go ahead, Shelton's losing streak will continue and that not even the WWE bookers are stupid enough to have Viscera headline a PPV.

They can't be. Surely.

Oh crap.

Edited by Wolverine