Favourite Album Of The Year?

Jung

This year we've had a plethora of great, good, and well ok albums.

Weezer, The Strokes, Coldplay, Foo Fighters, Feeder, Fall Out Boy, Rufus Wainwright, KoRn, Oasis, QOTSA, Audioslave, Idlewild, Eels, Franz Ferdinand, The Darkness, Daft Punk, Chemical Brothers, Doves, Supergrass, The Coral, Garbage, Jamiroquai, BRMC, White Stripes, Paul McCartney, Paul Weller, Sugababes, Madonna to name a few have all released new albums this year, plus the likes of The Subways, and Nine Black Alps released their debuts this year too.

Thus for you, whats your favourite album of 2005?

2005 has been a really strong year for music. Although bands such as Weezer have faded away with poorer albums the void has been filled with some great music.

Bloc Party, Elbow, Futureheads, Interpol, Anthony and the Johnsons, Ben Folds, The Bravery, Editors, Jack Johnson and of course not forgetting James Blunt.

I'm tempted to say Ben Folds - Songs for Silverman is my CD of the year. Not neccessarily the best album I've listened to all year, but one that led me back into the Folds and Ben Folds Five back catalogue and onto the best gig of my life at Cambridge Corn Exchange.

I dont know that I have a favourite album of this year. 90% of the CD's I buy werent released this year I dont think.

My favourite album that I aquired this year would be out of these (in that order I think):

Atreyu - The Curse

Jay Z - Black Album

John Cena / Trademarc - You Cant See Me (no, I'm serious :))

I'd probably go with The Back Room by Editors. It's great. Antics by Interpol was towards the end of 2004 but they've toured well into this year and released singles from it but I guess it doesn't count really as a 2005 album. I enjoyed the releases from Bloc Party, Kaiser Chiefs and Arcade Fire. Although thinking about it, Arcade Fire was probably 2004 as well.

It's been a pretty good year for music, not a great one but a good one. I'm looking forward to next year though massively with Radiohead and Muse releasing records.

James Blunt

Kaiser Chiefs

Coldplay

I love all these albums. It's one of them albums you end up buying for one track, Your Beautiful, Everyday I love you less and less and Fix You. But when I actually listened to the albums properly, you get to love the other unreleased tracks. I ended up loving quite a few of the Kaiserchiefs singles, like Modern Way, Oh My God, Na Na Na Na Na Na Na and I Predict a Riot. X and Y was the same, the band had been away for ages and then they bought out Speed of Sound and that was a decent first track, but Fix You was incredible, I still don't know how it didn't get to number one. Then there was Square One, Talk, X and Y and Swallowed in the Sea which all blew me away.