Danny Williams vs Audley Harrison

PHIZZLE

Audley Harrison would be the BIGGEST overhyped disappointmen in recent memory if that disgrace named Joe Mesi didn't exist.

UK boxing has never been the same since the days of Julian Jackson

Who by the way was ended in the second round by my fellow countrymen the Bodysnatcher Michael McCullum

Anyway, Harrison wins via lopsided and boring unanimous decision

Audley Harrison would be the BIGGEST overhyped disappointmen in recent memory if that disgrace named Joe Mesi didn't exist.
I don't actually think Mesi is that bad to be honest. He gets a lot of stick sure, and most of it deserved, but he is doing what he is good at -Beating journeymen. He may not be the best around, but is he seriously considered that good? I wouldn't of thought his hype went further than his hometown (Chigaco is it?).

Anyway' date=' Harrison wins via lopsided and boring unanimous decision[/quote']I think that's about right. However, Audley Harrson does have a good punch, and I don't know if anyone else saw Williams get slaughtered by a sh*t Sinan Samil Sam, but if you did, you would of seen Williams has no chin. He got killed by a no talented fat guy.

Harrson by points, or KO. Williams won't outbox Harrison i don't think.

I don't actually think Mesi is that bad to be honest. He gets a lot of stick sure' date=' and most of it deserved, but he is doing what he is good at -Beating journeymen. He may not be the best around, but is he seriously considered that good? I wouldn't of thought his hype went further than his hometown (Chigaco is it?)[/quote']

It was Buffalo

Anyway, the boxing scene was EXPLODING with this guys hype. Seriuously, he had an HBO contract, even though he was fighting nobodies. At one point, before his fight with Monte Barrett, he was seriously being considered heavyweight boxings savoir, granting him the nickname "The Great White Hope" by alot of fans who were sick of the hype.

Well, Vassily Jirov, thankfully, ended all that talk with a beatdown.

It was Buffalo

Anyway, the boxing scene was EXPLODING with this guys hype. Seriuously, he had an HBO contract, even though he was fighting nobodies. At one point, before his fight with Monte Barrett, he was seriously being considered heavyweight boxings savoir, granting him the nickname "The Great White Hope" by alot of fans who were sick of the hype.

Well, Vassily Jirov, thankfully, ended all that talk with a beatdown.

Mesi still actually won that fight. He is suspended on medical grounds at the moment so we may never see him again anyway.

As for tonight im quite lookin forward to it im going! Id love Danny to win but my head tells me Audley. Danny definately has the potential as i believe Audleys chin has never been tested and hes not a HUGE puncher, however i think Williams may have made the same mistake with the Klitschko fight with his weight. He is 19 stone 6 lbs!!! at 6'2, Audley is 18 stone 1 lb at 6'5!!!. Possibly an early Danny ko but more than likely a wide points win for Harrison.

Amir Khan won pretty easily in the end. His opponent was nowhere his Kan's class, and it showed in the end. Decent fight, but predictable.

After that Prince Naseem had a few words. It would make me happy if he got run over by a bus tommorow, or gets brain damaged after being beaten by a better fighter when he makes his comeback.

The main fight is about to start for anyone interested.

One of the worst fights I've seen in ages. 2 very crap boxers, Harrison in particular barely threw a punch, and the only time he did, he could have knocked Williams out, but instead chose not to.

An embarassment for British Boxing. Thank God for Khan.

I stopped watching after round 6' date=' one of the worst 'fights' I've ever seen, completely overhyped. I hope this is the last we see of Audley Harrison.[/quote']

As long as he keeps winning you'll have to keep on dealing with him

In the US it seems as though they've dropped the hype of "The Next Lennox Lewis", which is great. Lennox didn't need to be compared to a never-been

Harrison will probably ask for a rematch with Williams, whether he gets it is another thing.

Either way, Harrison proved he was lousy considering he couldn't even beat Williams who got absolutely destroyed by Klitschko. Just seemed like neither man wanted to win, Harrison barely threw a punch, yet when he did could have knocked him out, but instead did nothing.

I bet absolutely no-one in the heavyweight division, is nervous about facing those 2 lumbering atrocities.

I predicted right. Yipee. Though it was a dire contest early on it has to be said. Harrison is particular defensive form. Williams was lucky not to be knocked out, if Harrison had the energy late on, he could've knocked him out on 2 occassions. Well done to Williams.

To be honest I was disappointed by the fight, neither man impressed me, and if I was Danny Williams I wouldn't be happy winning the title on points either.

Also I loved the remark made by Danny Williams last week calling Harrison a "celebrity boxer" bit rich since Williams appeared at FWA Howired 2004 and did a angle with Alex Shane. :lol

If you want to watch entertaining boxing, I recommend the lower weights, where generally they just go mental. Plus Hatton fights are usually pretty good, and will be interesting to see if Calzaghe can finally live up to his reputation, and not just bore his way through another. Considering his opponent, it will be a big test for him.

Or watch The Contender when it comes back' date=' all the fights on that were superb.[/quote']

Those fights were edited in 10 minutes of footage for the show so they looked alot better than they actually were, add the dramatic slow mo's and music nd every fight looked great when in truth they were not.

Very average fight but happy for Danny WIlliams he is a genuienly nice guy ive met him twice before and he is really down to earth. Audley got exposed big time he seemed in danger every time Williams put his foot on the gas. Williams vs Skelton could be next now that would be a fight!!!

Id blame Audley for the lack of activity he was far to cautious. Williams was at least trying to force the fight but he wasn't throwing nearly enough leather, he was cutting of the ring but then not doing the work it seemed bizarre!!!

Ive seen much worse fights in the past and to be fair it did pick up big time for the last 3 rounds. Still an average fight at best.

A Skelton vs Williams fight would be the complete opposite of last night i'd predict 6-8 rounds of blood and guts before someone was Koed. Danny could do with dropping 8-12 pounds for his next fight if he doesn't i could actually see Skelton k'oing him.

Fair play to Danny hopefully he didn't set the world alight last night (he did say he twisted his ankle in rnd 2) but he did the job, maybe a world title shot in 2006.

If you want to watch entertaining boxing' date=' I recommend the lower weights, where generally they just go mental. Plus Hatton fights are usually pretty good, and will be interesting to see if Calzaghe can finally live up to his reputation, and not just bore his way through another. Considering his opponent, it will be a big test for him.[/quote']

Better yet get old tapes of Ali vs. Anyone :P

I was impressed with Amir Kahn, his fight may have been over quickly but he showed some excellent talent in that ring, he deserved to win. As for the Heavyweights, there was far too much hype, and to be honest neither could really back it up. There were flurries from both guys, but nothing really stood out. The only time it got interesting was when Harrison went down, but even that wasnt spectacular. A fair result between two average heavyweights.