A Story to surprise no one.....

Christof

12/9/2005

Luger back in jail

Dave@wrestlingobserver.com

Lex Luger's legal woes continue as the 47-year-old wrestler is currently in Hennepin County Jail in Minneapolis.

Lawrence Pfohl is being held without bail with a court appearance scheduled on the 22nd on two felonies, a drug charge from the state of Georgia and a fugitive from justice charge stemming from that same original charge.

Pfohl and Marcus Bagwell were taken off an airpline in Minneapolis on the way to a wrestling date in Winnipeg on Tuesday due to a disturbance. Both were allowed to get on a later flight.

Both wrestlers, along with Scott Rechsteiner, were detained for a long period (between 90 minutes and three hours) at the border before Bagwell and Rechsteiner were allowed to enter the country. Pfohl was sent back, likely because they discovered the outstanding warrant, and arrested after he arrived in Minneapolis.

Pfhol has faced one legal problem after another since the folding of WCW, between DUI arrests, drugs like steroids and Growth Hormone found at his home when Elizabeth Hulette passed away, and he spent a lengthy period of time in jail in Atlanta due to nonpayment of child support.

Any one else surprised? Not me

Man,Luger's one of my favourite US wrestlers and i always thought with Sting being a christian he could help Lex battle his demons.Ah well even this won't take away the memorys i have of Luger in the 1980's battling Flair for the NWA title and having one of the best US title runs ever.

Sad to see how far this giant of wrestling has fallen.

I will always remember Lex Luger for lififting the late Yokozuna over his head, and for his amazing early career. Yet another unsung legend.

I hope Lex turns his life around. If not, then I would rather not see Luger suffer any longer than he has to.

you may as well give him life sentence.. because he'll be back inside if he's released

He will get one sooner then later, he is just wasting people's time, he won't change his life around now, he has gone too far. Hopefully he really does want to change it but if that isn't the case then the only way is down for the Total Package.

same as any sport or filmstar instead of playing the bad boy they should remember all the people who look up to them,yes we are all human but none of us really want to see Luger go like Jake Roberts or worse.I agree with Gene i hope Sting or someone can turn it round for him,even if he decides never to wrestle again im sure the wrestling community would rather see a happy Mr Luger than a repeat offender causing this sport even more uneccesary scandal?

Lex never had a gimmick apart from a big muscular guy with a horse face,he wasnt the greatest technician though by no means was he the worst,he phoned in far too many performances over the last few years,but he`ll always have my respect for his accomplishments in the sport but please Lex dont tarnish your legacy.

yeah but team package,the total package,the narcissist whatever he was still big muscular guy with horse face.

its not like the dressed him up as Doink or gave him a speaking disorder or anything

muscly guy with power moves end of story:P

I'm sorry, but the Narcissist WAS a gimmick, it was "guy who loves himself so much that he looks in a mirror all of the time".

Otherwise you can say that so many of the WWE guys "never had a gimmick", when clearly they have done.