New Creative Zen out-performs iPod Video

MrFill

Yup, Creative have announced the new Zen MP3 player, OK, so it's not just an MP3 player, it's a video player, but it also supports more file types than the iPod Video.

It might look kind of like the iPod video, but Creative have always produced nice products, and none of this "you must use iTunes" rubbish.

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000157071380/

I'd certainly buy one in favour of the iPod Video. :)

Thing is, ALL creative zen products have ALWAYS outperformed the ipod, its just the ipod somehow grabbed the zeitgeist, and through that (much like the xbox/ps2 war) its now the product people associate when they think of mp3 players, rightly or wrongly. Personally im glad people are realising this now! Its always cool when the "little guy" beats the big corporations!

4 hours of video playback? Santa needs to bring me one of these for some portable ROH action. People who listen to music in public annoy me for a variety of reasons, mostly because they play their songs so loud that everyone around them is forced to listen, even if it's horrible. But surely I'll be excused when I start chanting on the train "[bEEP] him up Joe, [bEEP] him up (clap clap)".

I'm so tempted to wait until the prices of these things fall below £100, but I would get so much use out of this I can't live another second without it. Or maybe I've just bought into all the hype. We'll see anyway, once I hear some reviews.

I showed this to a friend who has had an iPod since G2, even has an iPod Video now and he replied with "brand quality" and "why do people prefer dells over hp? adidas over nike? etc".

Yup, he's an iPod bitch. :D

Either that or it's sour grapes that his beloved iPod has a competitor which out-performs it. :P

Zens are awesome. I got one last year for Christmas. I listen to it almost everyday, and not once have I had a problem with it. My model is a bit old now, but it's 20gb and I'm happy with that. I've filled about 5gb with 100 albums. Can't go wrong there! Even if I put all the music I have (200+ albums, and 2700+ random tracks) only then might it come close to filling it.

Compare that to all the suckers who bought iPods, and encounter countless problems. Like the earphones don't work, etc. I heard from a guy who works at Dixons that they get iPods brough back every week. And the number of Creative Zens brought back is meant to be very low.

Thery're just awesome, I'm going to have to check out this video one, sounds promising. Although I don't think I'd get one, I don't see why you'd want to view your videos that you already have on your PC on a much smaller screen. You can hardly do it on your way to work could you?