Benoit, should he stay or should he go?

MojoPogo

With his contract running out, and no sign of an offer to renew it (what ARE you thinking WWE?) the question is, should Benoit stay, and be an outstandingly talented, oft overlooked midcarder? or should he go to TNA, where more than likely he'd be elevated to the top level and also would have a whole bunch of fresh opponents?

I think you're right, but he definitely deserves better, in terms of talent, only the likes of Angle, Triple H, Benjamin compare to Benoit. (yeah, yeah, i know his mic skills are somewhat lacking) If push comes to shove, i'd back him if he left, its about time more wrestler told Vince where to go, so maybe he'd get his head out his ass, and WWE would be great again.

Stay. There's no point going to a second rate company like RoH or TNA at this stage of his career considering how little they pay and I hardly suspect he'll go back to Japan now. He should stick around WWE, work a few more years and then take a nice cushy job as a road agent for his own sake. It would be the wisest move.

You hardly suspect he'll go to Japan' date=' what's your reasoning for this?[/quote']

Well because he's been there, he's done that and money isn't actually all that good over there right now (the whole wrestling world is on somewhat of a slump) and he would be a lot more secure at WWE.

He's been there, done that as a junior heavyweight maybe but as a heavyweight the possibilities are endless. the WWE may be the 'secure' option, but he's achieved his goals in the WWE and they're not doing anything good with him currently, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he left.

He should stay. There is nothing he can gain from going to other companies around the World simply. He has done it all in wrestling. However, he has a LOT to lose. If he went to a Japanese company, there is no way he could take the kind of bumps he did in 1995. He's a boken down wrestler, and shouldn't risk anything other than the kind of match WWE offers.

However, I would love to see benoit go againgst Bryan Danielson. He is probably in the Top 5 North American wrestlers, since Benoit in his heyday. The match would be perfect no doubt, and seeing as their styles are so similar, it would have that connection that you don't get when you have 2 good wrestlers, facing each other in a one off match ie Joe vs Kobashi.

I think people like Benoit should leave the WWE, this way the WWE will realise a lesson that they should actually try and use their best superstars properly. People like Cena, Batista, Snitsky, Tomko should be the only people who really want to stay and others, because they should know they won't be used as good in TNA as they are in WWE, TNA is the most achieved company in America where wrestlers enjoy wrestling, people like Benoit I am sure are only still in WWE for the money, because everyone who leaves WWE say that they never enjoyed their wrestlng there.

He won't leave the WWE, I think he has to much of a history in the WWE and they have done so much for him. Anyway I still think he has a good few feuds left to do which could be possible Wrestlemania Interpromotional matches. Benoit definately has much more to do in the WWE. Japan would be his next option if any in my oppinion. I don't think he would go to TNA at all.

He won't leave the WWE' date=' I think he has to much of a history in the WWE and they have done so much for him.[/quote']

Erm, he's been with them since 2000 - that's about 5 years.

He joined WCW in 1995 and left them in 2000, that's (wait for it) about 5 years.

He had as much history with WCW, yet he left them.

Anyway I still think he has a good few feuds left to do which could be possible Wrestlemania Interpromotional matches. Benoit definately has much more to do in the WWE.

You mean like more US Championship feuds, a year after being the World Champion. Yup, he's going places. :P

He's been there' date=' done that as a junior heavyweight maybe but as a heavyweight the possibilities are endless. the WWE may be the 'secure' option, but he's achieved his goals in the WWE and they're not doing anything good with him currently, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he left.[/quote']

I think money and security is more important for Chris at this stage of his career. Japan would be too much work. Believe me, wrestling heavyweight bouts in Japan after what he's already done will not be in his agenda now. If this was the year 1995 maybe it would be, but it's not, it's 2005, Japanese wrestling is suffering a slump and the titles aren't such big news anymore.

Erm, he's been with them since 2000 - that's about 5 years.

He joined WCW in 1995 and left them in 2000, that's (wait for it) about 5 years.

He had as much history with WCW, yet he left them.

You mean like more US Championship feuds, a year after being the World Champion. Yup, he's going places. :P

1. WWE is practically WCW, a lot of history from WCW is in the WWE so therefore history from a long way back

2. Actually I mean he has a lot more decent feuds to go.

1. WWE is practically WCW' date=' a lot of history from WCW is in the WWE so therefore history from a long way back[/quote']

When Benny was at WCW there was a big rivalry between WCW and WWF, so saying that WWE is practically WCW is a bit of a joke.

Yes, WWE bought WCW, but they were completely different companies at the time.

2. Actually I mean he has a lot more decent feuds to go.

He was in the Horsemen, a "real life" feud with Kevin Sullivan, feuds with DDP amongst others, he had a Best of Seven over the US Title with Booker (oh look, he's doing that again), Tag Champ several times, in the faction "Revolution", fought Bret Hart several times, beat Sid at the end of the tournament to win the World title,

More decent feuds in WWF/E?

Tag champ several times.

Feuds with the Rock which saw him "almost" win the World Title several times, but everybody knew that he wouldn't win it.

Feuds with Jericho in the mid-card.

Lots of matches with Kurt, then nothing.

A "mid-card" World Title reign - the main event was taken up with the HHH/HBK feud.

Then back to mid-card to feud with Booker over the US title.

He is the most "traded" person in the WWE since the roster split.

So, how exactly is that more "decent" feuds? I'm sorry, but he's been mid-card for 95% of the time, and got a couple of sniffs near the Title with the Rock, then winning it and having the title not treated as the main attraction of the show.

I actually remember his Bret matches more than most of his WWE ones - and I only remember the Rock ones because Rocky tried to steal the SharpShooter and created the Ugly Shooter, not to mention the ugliest Dragon Screw in history.

Edited by MrFill

I hope he leaves, because he's holding down the up-and-coming wrestlers, by keeping the US title away from them. He doesn't put the new guys over like HHH does, and he can't build a fued unless the other guy does all the mic work.

And since I can't imagine anything more boring than 7 matches of Booker v Benoit (1 is bad enough), let's hope they scrap the idea too!!

Ed