Should Ferguson be sacked/resign?

MojoPogo

Given Man Utd's pathetic performance last night, and their new status as a mid table club, which will not change for the forseeable future, like it or lump it, has ferguson taken the club as far as he can? Is he past his sell by date, or have the players let him down? What do you think?

Man U are in decline but people are exaggerating it beyond belief.

1) We won't be relegated in the next 10 years.

2) We won't become a Liverpool who struggle to get 4th.

3) The only thing that's affecting us is our midfield not being up to scratch and a team known as Chelski.

Apart from that were fine, believe it or not.

Should Fergie go? I don't mind aslong as the replacement is up to the job.

Must admit, i was a bit provocative with that thread, it does disappoint me greatly seeing ANY British team underperform like that in Europe, especially when they were MORE than capable of qualifying from that group. i really think some hard questions need to be asked of the players. Or Roy Keane will have been proved right.

It's obvious that Ferguson isn't the man to take United forward ... or even to keep them at their current level. However, he has to be given to the end of the season. It would show a complete lack of class and respect to sack Ferguson after all that he's acheived, especially midway through a season. Also, any replacement will find it more difficult to take over at this stage of the season instead of the summer when he can bring in his own players (although even that may not be possible with their finances in the state that they are). United should give Ferguson a dignified send-off at the end of the season and have a replacement waiting to take over immediately.

United just need a world class centre back and world class Defensive Mid. For a club of our size it shouldn't be hard.

Few things why fergie should go/or could keep his job..

1) Silvestre is a left back and in no way a centre back.

2) Fletcher is not a United player, sell him in January Fergie if you want to keep your job.

3) Park Ji Sung is BETTER than Cristiano Ronaldo, so if the bit comes to the bit, sell the cry baby and buy Morten Gamst Pedersen.

It's easy play 4-4-2 Oh and get Ole back to full fitness

Its definitely not that easy for one thing Its yet to be seen how good Solksjaer is after recovering from his injury. An injury like this that has got to take its toll

I've got to agree with The Wolverine it may be time for Ferguson to leave but at the end of the season maybe definitely not now

lets see how he does in the january transfer window lets give him a chance after all Its Alex Ferguson the man he made united the team they are today.

the signing he's made this season have been good both Van der Saar and jung Si Park have been a sucess he's rebuilt the team before and he can do it again

United just need a world class centre back and world class Defensive Mid. For a club of our size it shouldn't be hard.

Few things why fergie should go/or could keep his job..

1) Silvestre is a left back and in no way a centre back.

2) Fletcher is not a United player, sell him in January Fergie if you want to keep your job.

3) Park Ji Sung is BETTER than Cristiano Ronaldo, so if the bit comes to the bit, sell the cry baby and buy Morten Gamst Pedersen.

United buying world-class players? With what money exactly? They're over 500 million pounds in debt! Unless these world-class players are available on the cheap or Glazer wins sixty-two National Lotteries in a row, it's not going to happen.

Silvestre is actually a good centre-back who is unfairly criticised by most United fans when Rio is the one that deserves all the criticism. I agree that Fletcher is completely useless, but he's not the only central midfielder that needs replaced. Scholes is well past his best, to the extent that I'd almost rather see Fletcher in the team and Smith will never be a good defensive midfielder. You see, good defensive midfielders are usually able to tackle. Ronaldo is one of the best young attacking players in Europe, like him or not (and I don't). His end product has become much better and he's one of the few United players who has any creativity or flair. Park is better than Giggs, but not Ronaldo.

So, to summarise - United need a central defender, two central midfielders and much better squad players in order to be even thinking of challenging Chelsea. Unfortunately, they have no money to purchase these players with. It's only going to get worse for them, in my opinion.

Park is better than Giggs' date=' but not Ronaldo.[/quote']

Please, dont be stupid! J.S Park is crap, nowhere near as good as Giggs. As said on Jimmy Hills Sunday Supplement, and Goals on Sunday, Man Utd. buy players who nobody want, J.S Park is one of them. We need Giggs in the team to help influence the younger players.

Please' date=' dont be stupid! J.S Park is crap, nowhere near as good as Giggs. As said on Jimmy Hills Sunday Supplement, and Goals on Sunday, Man Utd. buy players who nobody want, J.S Park is one of them. We need Giggs in the team to help influence the younger players.[/quote']

Park provides an energy that is sorely missing from the rest of your team. He's one of the few players that looks as though he actually wants to win. As for nobody wanting him, I seriously doubt it. He was the star player for South Korea when they reached the semi-finals of the World Cup and of the better players of a PSV side that were desperately unlucky not to reach the Champions' League final. He's much more consistent than Giggs, who only seems to play well when he's negotiating a new contract.

Oh, and the Sunday Supplement is one of the worst shows on television. Hill and Woolnough in particular haven't a clue about football.

Dismissing him as a bad signing when he's barely played 10 games for you? Give the guy a chance. From what I've seen he's played well for United, despite Ferguson hardly starting him. He's proven himself on the highest stage and as I said before, looks like he's bothered about winning (unlike most of the rest of United's team). I'd much rather have Park in my team than Giggs.

I didnt see anyone going in for him. Maybe I missed the teams. Who needs worldclass players like Ballack when we have J.S Park' date=' the answer to our problems. Please, J.S Park is another one of Fergies bad signings.[/quote']

You'll regret saying that. Mark my words.

I'd have to go against that, Giggs wether people like him or hate him, wether people think he's passed his prime, he IS still better than Park and why he doesnt get played all the time really worries me. Fergies time is up, he cant do anymore with us.

I doubt that the people on here are saying that they HATE Giggs, their saying that he is passed it. As much as I love Ferguson I think he should leave in the summer, we need a new manager either Martin O Neill or Guss Hiddink would be good if thats even possible though.Some of the players that need to be fired out of the club are Christiano Ronaldo - what a piece of crap he proved his worth in midweek, i was never particularly a fan of his anyway, he was supposed to be a right winger and what was he doing in that match??running about all over the place like a headless chicken, and as for his tracking back that is just woeful at best.Like it was showing replays of him kneeing the ball keepy upys during the match GOING BACKWARDS like what the hell??Rio Ferdinand - ohhhh as usual he has proved that he is anything but a world class defender.Darren Fletcher - hes a work horse and nothing else.John O Shea - im sure Newcastle would like him, they like to buy alot of rubbish dont they??oh yeah Daz Giggs proved how much better he was than Park Ji Sung on wednesday night didnt he??nope.

I think it's time for Sir Alex to go in the summer. One think people are failing to pick up on is how much we're missing Gabriel Heinze and how much we missed Gary Neville. Heinze was the best player at the club last season before he got injured and he started just as well this season, John O'Shea is a competent left back but unfortunately he's just not good enough. I'd switch Silvestre to left back and stick Wes Brown at CB with Ferdinand. I realise this would break up our best CD partnership but it would give us something extra on the left. O'Shea is totaly right footed and tends to run the ball out of play all the time.

They're just on a bad run at the moment, if the manager and the team stick together they'll be fine soon enough. Also, the January transfer window is coming up soon, if they buy well enough their season could really kick start there. Give them time. The team AND Fergie.

• 4 weeks later...