The key to a good Raw and good SD?

carlito is cool

Raw is getting worse every single week and SD has been steadily crap ever since the brand split. What on earth could they do to improve their shows. Just a few ideas as what could improve the current load of crap they are churning out each week are:

RAW: In the 2 allocated hours make sure we get at least 1 memorable 10-15 minute match, i.e anything involving Angle, Benjamin, HBK, RVD (when he returns), Jericho (when he returns).

Create something that at least resembles a tag division. Venis and Tajiri and give them a little push, just do anything to bolster the division.

Less women wrestling, the womens division in the ring is just plain awful. Give them 5 minutes to flash their bits off and be done with them, as has been mentioned on a previous thread just use them as valets.

Bring in the Hardcore title 24/7 to replace the Womens title. A hardcore match everyweek on Raw and on ppv would be a welcome addition. It would also give workers with nothing better to do something to fight over. Look at how over that title made an otherwise boring Crash Holly and even Steve Blackman.

Im all for Vince playing an on air character but the JR skit and the Trial skits on Raw are just a joke. Use him as a Heel or not at all.

Make the main event worth watching, i remember when we were treated to HHH vs Rock, Austin vs Big Show, Taker vs Kane (casket match) on Raw, compare that to Cena vs Carlito, Cena vs f'in Snitsky in a lumberjack match for god sakes!!!

As for SD: Again at least 1 quality match they have Benoit, Orton, Taker, Rey, Matt Hardy that are all capable of performing excellent stuff ive given the chance.

Keep pushing successful gimmicks like Mr Kennedy and The Boogeyman but don't overdo it. Don't ram them down our throats to the point where we dread seeing them, at the moment they are a breath of fresh air but if pushed to hard they could quickly become an annoyance.

Start of the show with a 5-10 minute fast paced crusierweight match a'la WCW 96-97. Gets the crowd of their ass, thats the best way to use Crusiers they will never headline a PPV but their a welcome addition to any card.

Teddy Long is becoming a pain in the ass, i say get Foley, Austin or Even Roddy Piper on there running the show.

Get Brock Lesnar back, put the past behind them and look to the future, Lesnar could still be the future for the WWE. Lesnars return would not only generate alot of interest but feuds with Batista, Orton, JBL, Benoit could be awseome.

Please Vince do something because your product sux major balls at the moment!!!

This is how I would structure a whole new WWE...First thing I'd do is merge Raw and Smackdown back together. Merge the World titles. Only need one main champ. Create a tournament, with the final match taking place at Wrestlemania.

Keep the Intercontinental title. The guy with this belt should be one of the main contenders for the world belt, like the old days. The midcard fueds that would be set up for this belt are numerous. Keep these guys on the main shows, with a recap on the weekends.

I say get rid of teh US title and bring back the Hardcore belt. A few good hardcore matches would be fun.

Keep the WWE tag titles, and make the other one the US tag titles. This would create a two-tier tag division...the world belts for the better tag teams, and the US ones for the up and comers. Thus creating a tag division. Use existing teams,and try to create more teams that have chemistry, not thrown together guys. Use new talent. Let them have matches on all the shows. at least 1 on each Raw and Smackdown, and try to get 2 on Heat and Velocity. Gets these guys working, and us hopefully enjoying a new tag division.

the Cruiserweight belt should be the focus every week on both Heat and Velocity(lets face it, Vince usually doesnt put them on the main shows) But if you dedicate the weekend shows to this division, it would generate interst in those shows. Plus, think of the matches.

Heat and Velocity should be where the cruisers shine, and there are some good tag matches. Leave the main event stuff to the other shows, and concentrate on the other part of teh company. Also, utilize the internet for these divisions as well.

my .02

Edited by the assasin

I say keep the shows split, but trying to have them compete with eachother is ridiculous. There's not enough brand loyalty to pull it off properly. I'd say have each show put out something completely different.

Raw could be reserved for the heavyweight division and the reintroduction of a proper harcore title. No foam 2x4's, use wrestlers that are actually willing to do some good old garbage wrestiling.

Smackdown could have a good tag division, if they used real teams and not just midcarders thrust together. Also get the crusiers in action on Smackdown. Everyone loves a spotmonkey, right? :P They don't have to be high spot fests, but they keep the intensity and levels of excitement up.

With a seperation of styles like this, you may get people who only watch one show, but you're more likely to have people watching each show, because they enjoy one ascpect of it.

Get Brock Lesnar back, put the past behind them and look to the future, Lesnar could still be the future for the WWE. Lesnars return would not only generate alot of interest but feuds with Batista, Orton, JBL, Benoit could be awseome.

If I'm not mistaken, Brock is currently holding big gold in Japan, with plans to continue working there for quite some time still. I don't know the exacts, but Evil Gringo does. I'm sure it's been mentioned somewhere in the "Ask Evil Gringo" thread in the International & Mixed Martial Arts Forums.

Edited by Twig

I've enjoyed Smackdown fairly consistently for a couple of months now, Raw has bigger problems in my view. The only thing Smackdown has to do is use the cruiserweights they have. Juventud vs Paul London should have been at Summerslam, instead it was on Velocity.

Raw needs less Carlito and Masters, they're just terrible in the ring and Carlito has ceased to be funny. Cena also needs to either turn heel and keep the belt, or lose it immediately and if they're going to keep the belt on him, I don't want to see the same crappy feud where he's just overcoming 'impossible' odds.

Edited by Sav

The WWE need to have more matches between people at a similar position so the outcome is going to be a suprise, instead of HHH vs Tajiri. When the WWE want to be funny they should let the people with charisma have time on the mic, they are not funny when they delibirately try to be funny because we end up with courtroom garbage.

A champion who can lead the show is needed, as much as people hate HHH he can be a pillow to build your show on unlike Cena.

Oh how we miss Austin and The Rock ...anyway.

Keep the Intercontinental title. The guy with this belt should be one of the main contenders for the world belt, like the old days. The midcard fueds that would be set up for this belt are numerous. Keep these guys on the main shows, with a recap on the weekends.

I say get rid of teh US title and bring back the Hardcore belt. A few good hardcore matches would be fun.

Keep the WWE tag titles, and make the other one the US tag titles. This would create a two-tier tag division...the world belts for the better tag teams, and the US ones for the up and comers. Thus creating a tag division.

Quoted you on this bit becuase it would be silly to drop the US title but create a US tag title.

RAW: In the 2 allocated hours make sure we get at least 1 memorable 10-15 minute match' date=' i.e anything involving Angle, Benjamin, HBK, RVD (when he returns), Jericho (when he returns).[/quote']

I dont mind the odd 10-15 min match on RAW and SD but generally long matches should be reserved for PPV's.

Make the main event worth watching, i remember when we were treated to HHH vs Rock, Austin vs Big Show, Taker vs Kane (casket match) on Raw, compare that to Cena vs Carlito, Cena vs f'in Snitsky in a lumberjack match for god sakes!!!

The problem is that we were totally spoilt with Austin Vs Rock etc on RAW and SD. They are PPV main event matches and when we are given it week in, week out it becomes stale and takes the shine off of PPV's even Wrestlemania IMO.

Having a running storyline through-out the show.

More Backstage brawls, monster trucks, setting people on fire, etc.

Matches should go no longer than 3 minutes, apart from the main event which should last about 6 or 7.

At the end of the show, make sure people NEED to tune in next week to see what happens.

Hey Vince Russo, introduction forum is that way <---

One thing that would appeal to me is if every RAW & SD was different. When I mean different, what I mean is that in my opinion, earlier this year after RAW was on it always seemed like "Just another RAW", and all the shows seemed to blend in together, rather than be unique and have a special feel about it.

It may not make sense, but I know what I mean. :)

More real stars. Just like the late 90s. Go back to that formula and WWE/WWF will be great again. Oh and enough of the over-the-top soap opera scenes. Enough of cutting out the commentators when theres a scene going on back stage. It used to be much better when JR and The King used to still comment over the top while something is going on back stage. Now, the commentators just be quiet and don't say nothing making the backstage scenes seem like they're being acted out.

It just needs a bit of of that traditional WWF spirit put back into it.

It was always great when the start of Raw usually involved either Vince or Austin, or some other big star coming down to the ring talking about this or that. Stuff like when the mcmahons and rock got beer bathed, ye know, more stuff like this would be great.

Edited by rawiswar