How Could ANYONE Think This Was A Good Idea?

Russ

I'm...speechless.

http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/5357/wow5dm.jpg

That was from WWE.com today. You can talk about the lowrider incident on the Smackdown! special being inappropriate, but after the match it never referenced Eddie in any way. OK, I was the first to admit it was inappropriate, but using the catchphrase of a recently deceased wrestler to sell products? Decorating the screen with happy Christmas pictures and all of that Eddie stuff to advertise a sale on their online shop is just pretty much unbelievable.

I don't know what else to say, but I imagine others will.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

inappropriate....yes, Clever.....hell yeh, think about it, Eddies Merchandice is selling like hot cakes because of his passing so this is a smart idea, but it is in bad taste.

(by the way i wasnt trying to be disrespectful in ths post)

I think this is a disgrace, but Perfect is right.People will buy a lot more Eddie merchandise because of his death, so I can see why WWE would take advantage of that.

Apparently all the money will be going to his family, so if WWE exploit his death to give them more money, it's a good thing.

If WWE are doing this for themselves, I think it's disgusting.

The manner is which the ad has been made is distasteful in my opinion. I've already come to terms with the fact that where McMahon is concerned money comes before any integrity, but as i said, the ad & promotion could have been done in a more distasteful way.

and could you elaborate on that?

There is a trend in the IWC to hate the WWE for whatever they do, unless of course it involves Kurt Angle, HBK, or any of the other darlings of the IWC. Otherwise, the general IWC member outright bashes the WWE for almost everything. It's ****ing pathetic.

has anyone actually bothered to check anyone elses profile, if you have you would realise that its been done with every superstar, is it disrespectful to the rest of the superstars then? just because he's dead doesnt mean the little thinks are disrespectful, to be honest eddies merch is selling and because of that ad its probably going to sell even more.

has anyone actually bothered to check anyone elses profile' date=' if you have you would realise that its been done with every superstar, is it disrespectful to the rest of the superstars then? just because he's dead doesnt mean the little thinks are disrespectful, to be honest eddies merch is selling and because of that ad its probably going to sell even more.[/quote']

WWE are using a dead man to make them a little money, exploiting his death like this is just really wrong. I mean "Viva La Savings", for God sake, thats just beyond all words!!!!!