ROH "Rope Breaks"

MrFill

I've been watching ROH and have found something rather interesting.

They say that each man gets 3 rope breaks, to stop a pinfall or a submission, once they're gone, then you can't stop a sub or pinfall with them.

I believe that it's only in the Pure division, but I could be wrong.

I'm surprised that nobody else uses anything else like this, it'd certainly stop the "crawl towards the ropes" when in submissions, and you'll know that once they're in a submission, it's either a reversal or tap out point.

I have to say that since they have a 20 count on the floor as well, this adds something "different" to ROH, since TNA have their different ring.

It is good yeah, it used to be for every match becase it was the codce of honour or something like that because you also had to shake each others hands before and after the match. It is a good idea in my opinion, and I do think they only use it for the Pure Title now because I saw Nigel McGuiness vs. Colt Cabana on TWC this week, and Nigel used the ropes 3 times in like 10 seconds to break up of a pin.

I've been watching ROH and have found something rather interesting.

They say that each man gets 3 rope breaks, to stop a pinfall or a submission, once they're gone, then you can't stop a sub or pinfall with them.

I believe that it's only in the Pure division, but I could be wrong.

I'm surprised that nobody else uses anything else like this, it'd certainly stop the "crawl towards the ropes" when in submissions, and you'll know that once they're in a submission, it's either a reversal or tap out point.

I have to say that since they have a 20 count on the floor as well, this adds something "different" to ROH, since TNA have their different ring.

Did WCW have the 20 count aswell?

Also remember wwf 98 almost every ppv main event got changed to a no dq match just hours before the match was due to start?

Nice idea what ROH are doing and it works for them but i couldn't see the WWE implementing something along those lines. ROH treats Wrestling more like a proper sport thats why these little rules seem to fit in over their, Vince would much rather have Goldust host a talkshow segment or stick Mark Henry and Vader in a pie eating contest than actually change anything to do with the in ring produt.

ROH rules

It is good yeah' date=' it used to be for every match becase it was the codce of honour or something like that because you also had to shake each others hands before and after the match.[/quote']

Well thats just pure wrong, ropebreaks was never a part of the Code of Honor. The rules first apeared with the Pure title.

But the "no count out" on the floor does apply on all matches in ROH though.

But if they are out there too long the ref can disqualify them, and it actualy has happened a few times...

Edited by TheHawk

Well thats just pure wrong, ropebreaks was never a part of the Code of Honor. The rules first apeared with the Pure title.

But the "no count out" on the floor does apply on all matches in ROH though.

But if they are out there too long the ref can disqualify them, and it actualy has happened a few times...

Well thats just pure wrong, they might not of been a part of the code og honor, but that was a rule and the way ROH done it before the Pure Title, I was watching ROH ppv's on TWC which were based around 2002 and they used the rope break rule, and the Pure Title came last year.

Which show/match was that?

I have a lot of the 2002 shows, and i havent seen any ropebreak rules in them.

The only one with a bit special rope rules, was the Low Ki vs. American Dragon - with Ken shamrock as special guest ref, but there wasent realy any ropebreak rules, just special officiating by Shamrock