A Cruiserweight Promotion

Brad

I would not actually mind just a promotion including all the cruisers, completely apart from anything else, using open contracts unless soime want to work full time and having a promotion based on cruiserweight wrestlers and cruiserweight action, this seems the best way for everyone to see the best out of cruiserweight action and I would easily leave WWE for that, well i can say that now, don't know if i can keep it. I mean give them championships, storylines, mic time, and get someone who knows how to manage cruiserweights, someone like Bischoff and even Heyman knows based on the ECW matches involving Rey and Psychosis.

I mean matches including Benoit and Jericho also, even though they are not cruiserweights, they can be seen as cruiserweights because of some of the matches they have had with them. Imagine the matches we can have and that will be very worthwhile imo, your thoughts?

I think an entire promotion of guys like Charlie Haas, Chavo Guerrero, and Shelton Benjamin (not sure if he's really under 225) would be great fun because all of those guys can go at pretty much any speed. Not so sure they can do high impact like say Taker or Batista, but I'm sure they could to well enough.

I believe it's called Ring Of Honor. :D

:lol , I understand your point, but it would nice to be a bigger promotion, where wrestlers from all promotions all over the world including WWE can go, and ROH is great wrestling don't get me wrong, but they do have superstars who i wouldn't put in that CW promotion such as Nigel McGuiness, Colt Cabana etc.

The problem with that idea is the WWE.

They put their wrestlers under contracts so that they can't work for other promotions.

Look at quite a lot of the TNA guys - they go back and forth between ROH and other Indy feds, because their contracts allow them to.

I would LOVE to see a Joe vs Benoit match - trying to out-stiff each other, Joe kicking the hell out of Benny and Benoit chopping the hell out of Joe, but I just don't think it would happen unless Benoit left WWE.

A lot of CMLL is excellent cruiserweight wrestling.

On the subject of CMLL, how good is Mistico? Man, if he came over to work in RoH like Eddie, and Rey did for ECW, another star would be on gabe's hands.

He pisses all over AJ Styles, and even Rey Mysterio (2005) himself, which says something.

It's worth downloading a few CMLL shows just to see him. If you can find any match, look out for a 2/3 Falls with Averno.

Well, if the CW promotion had some inclusion with the WWE (Maybe Bischoff working at it or Heyman knowing they can work the Cruisers) then basically it could be some of WWE product as well as TNA, ROH, NJPW, AJPW etc. This way it could be a global promotion with contributions of the different promotions to make one of the best promotions in the world for cruisers.

But i do agree with you that the only problem would be WWE with allowing superstars in and also they might take more credit then is issued to them.

I've also been checking out some CMLL lately, and if the rumours are true that TNA want to form some sort of relationship with them, some people are going to be blown away by the talent of some luchadores. Mistico, Ultimo Guerrero, Hijo del Perry Aguayo, any from that lot would be in the top 10 or so workers in North America if they started working dates for TNA.

Personally, I'd get pretty bored of an entire promotion of high flying cruiserweights. Even ROH has a lot of technical workers and some really talented brawlers. Wrestling shows with a vast array of different match styles will always be something special. If you had to watch nothing but Amazing Red/Jack Evans style flips 8 times a show every week, you'd get pretty bored of that. Likewise, if you had to watch any style of wrestling over and over you'd crave something new. Cruiserweights themselves can be a great asset to any promotion, but to base your entire company around guys flying around the ring non stop is going to leave you with a pretty unresponsive audience once they've seen everything done 20 times.

I tend to disagree, that could be said for a lot of wrestling styles, but I believe Cruiserwieght action is the only style of wrestling that is so innovative that you can see something new every match which could always top the match before, thats only my opinion though.

Except for in the WWE' date=' where they tend to only do the same stuff, over and over again. :P[/quote']

Yeah thats my point, cruisers who get the time and get the free oppourtunity in the ring will always entertain me because of how much they can do and how they can change all the time, so if they came out WWE and joined somewhere where they could wrestle the way they have wanted to for a while, it would be very entertaing and imo wouldn't get boring.