New Title System?

Brad

Do you think it would be good to have weight classed titles in the WWE?

I'm not talking about taking out all mathces between people who arte not in the same weight class, but title matches should be like weight classes which could make it a bit more entertaining, more organised and could actually get more of the deserved superstars over with the titles being defended more because the titles would be almost all the same importance. If someone wants to drop down or go up a weight class, they just drop or raise their weight.

What are your thoughts?

If they were to drop and gain weight all the time to get a different title, it would kill their bodies and drive their body insane. I don't really like the idea too much I like the way the titles are set up now we just need a couple different champions here and there, AND NO IM NOT TALKING ABOUT CENA!

Well who says they would need to lose and gain weight all the time?

They could just stay in the division.

And if they so wanted to, then they could try and drop/gain weight for another belt. But not that often.

I'm just saying if they "were" to drop and gain weight all the time.

The real problem is that there are people who are too "light" to be in the Heavyweight division, it means that they're stuck in a division when they clearly shouldn't be.

Think about Jericho - he was around he Cruiser weight, but he was the first Undisputed Champion - would you take that from him?

Also, take Big Show - he's clearly 100+ pounds heavier than anybody else on the shows, should he have his own weight division?

no, the world heavyweight title would be a certain weight and above, and their would be more weight limitations then just cruiserweight and world heavyweight so people in between could be as over as the champions and we could see more brilliant matches with people who are trying to get to the top of the shows.

In theory it could work, but to work in the WWE they would have to scrap the roster split.

Currently each show has 3 singles titles, although RAW's third is the women's.

You would have to have loads of belts for weight ranges, but people would end up moving categories too often in the middle ranges.

Indirectly it would limit the guys in the middle as they would only be wrestling guys around their weight, so we'd never see Show tapping out to Benoit. :(

not really, becuase most people who aren't cruisers aren't good enough to win any titles, and they are not used when obviously they have the talent. You only have that view because thats how the WWE wants everyone to have that view.

not really' date=' becuase most people who aren't cruisers aren't good enough to win any titles, and they are not used when obviously they have the talent. You only have that view because thats how the WWE wants everyone to have that view.[/quote']

WWE knows best. I trust the number 1 wrestling promotion in the world to know what's best for the fans, business, and entertainment.

WWE knows best. I trust the number 1 wrestling promotion in the world to know what's best for the fans' date=' business, and entertainment.[/quote']

McDonalds is the biggest food chain in the world - is it the best food? No.

As for the WWE - they don't want their workers hurt, so they restrict the moves they can do - TNA and ROH don't, so I doubt the WWE would let their employees actually work a style which is out of their limits.

Intresting idea but i doubt it would work, i could see anyone under 200lbs in a CW division but then where do you go? 200-240lb middleweights so there we have angle, benoit, jericho, rvd, HBK. 240lbs + is the HW division so HHH, taker,kane,batista,orton,big show etc.....

If they broke up the roster split its certainly an idea and something different. I could make Wrestling seem more like a sport (untill Vince fancies having 1 of his employees kiss his arse again)

Like the idea but knowing the WWE it would be a calamity.

wouldn't work.. the WWE title would only be fought over by big guys.. people like Benoit and Eddie wouldn't get a look in

:roll

I no what your saying but like in the UFC the light heavweight title is considered just as and probably more prestigious than the heavyweight title because of the guys that fight over the title. Theres an boxing saying i believe that goes' its not the fighter that makes the title, its the fighter who makes the title'. So if you had Benoit, Angle, HBK, RVD, Jericho fighting over and middleweight or lightheavyweight title surely if the wwe wanted it to they could make that title just as over as the heavyweight title.

I no what your saying but like in the UFC the light heavweight title is considered just as and probably more prestigious than the heavyweight title because of the guys that fight over the title. Theres an boxing saying i believe that goes' its not the fighter that makes the title, its the fighter who makes the title'. So if you had Benoit, Angle, HBK, RVD, Jericho fighting over and middleweight or lightheavyweight title surely if the wwe wanted it to they could make that title just as over as the heavyweight title.

i noticed your rolling of the eyes at me mentioning Eddie.. i didn't mean Eddie personally. i meant people who were their size

Exactly my point and what i feel is a good reason to have it, it makes a chance for better matches and gets more people over in the buisness, it also makes more matches worth watching which could mean bigger ppv buyrates.

Adding more belts to wrestling is simply a bad idea, it's bad enough we have two World Champions. The fans aren't going to take to more divisions and they'll want to see certain wrestlers who could have a great feud not being able to due to the weight divisions.