Is Rey really around 175lbs?

Brad

This might be wrong to judge, but seeing that I am a boxing fan also, I realised at the fight between Jermain Taylor vs. Bernard Hopkins that both men were around the 153lbs mark, now they look taller and more muscular and heavier then Rey Mysterio but Rey is still known at 175lbs. I am only thinking this because I would of thought that Ricky Hatton is about the same size as Rey and he is a lower then 153lbs, so how does this work?

Remember that the WWE always over-exaggerates their wrestlers in one way or another.

Take Big Show, I very much doubt he's over 500lbs.

Rey probably weighs around 150-160 mark, but they "up" it to make him heavier than Spike, who was always listed as 150 (soaking wet).

No, TNA lie too.

Almost ALL promotions exaggerate things, whether attendance figures, wrestler heights/weights, etc. It's part of the industry that'll never change.

It's shocking! Shocking, I tell you! What next - will they fix the results as well? :eek

I am honest about my stats - 6 foot 6 and 100 tonnes.

A lot of the wrestlers are meant to be "Larger Than Life", and with guys like the Big Show, they want to make people think "Wow, 500 pounds, he's heavy" or look at guys like Benoit, Jericho and Eddie - they were always listed as being taller than they actually are.

In fact, Jericho actually wears lifts so he doesn't look so small.

Might have something to do with the fact that boxers such as Taylor and Hatton are far more keenly watched by drug authorities etc. and therefore are more likely to build weight purely through training, rather than supplements- which obviously a lot of WWE wrestlers do.

This might be wrong to judge' date=' but seeing that I am a boxing fan also, I realised at the fight between Jermain Taylor vs. Bernard Hopkins that both men were around the 153lbs mark, now they look taller and more muscular and heavier then Rey Mysterio but Rey is still known at 175lbs. I am only thinking this because I would of thought that Ricky Hatton is about the same size as Rey and he is a lower then 153lbs, so how does this work?[/quote']

Hopkins and Taylor are 162lbs i believe however when not fighting they would probably be walking around at around 175-180lbs, Taylor even perhaps a little more. Ricky Hatton fights at 140lbs but when not training walks around at a very chubby 180lbs!!! 175 lbs seems alot for a guy barelyover 5 feet tall however he is pretty muscular, id guess his real weight is more likely 160.

Hopkins and Taylor are 162lbs i believe however when not fighting they would probably be walking around at around 175-180lbs' date=' Taylor even perhaps a little more. Ricky Hatton fights at 140lbs but when not training walks around at a very chubby 180lbs!!! 175 lbs seems alot for a guy barelyover 5 feet tall however he is pretty muscular, id guess his real weight is more likely 160.[/quote']

I'm now just wondering, when aren't they training, they train most of the year for fights, they have little breaks, and I am still sure middleweights are 152lbs but I am talking about during the fight, they still looked bigger then Mysterio, it's not like I have seen a picture of Jermain Taylor pigging out in McDonalds looking a lot bigger then 152 lbs and then thought of this, i am talking about when he was fighting and in shape.

I'm now just wondering' date=' when aren't they training, they train most of the year for fights, they have little breaks, and I am still sure middleweights are 152lbs but I am talking about during the fight, they still looked bigger then Mysterio, it's not like I have seen a picture of Jermain Taylor pigging out in McDonalds looking a lot bigger then 152 lbs and then thought of this, i am talking about when he was fighting and in shape.[/quote']

90% of boxers don't train all year round. Hopkins is an exception actually he is well known to be a bit of a gym rat. Boxers usually start training 10-12 weeks before a fight. Midleweights are allowed to top the scales at 168lbs i think. They look bigger because they have such low levels of bodyfat theremuscles are more cut and defined and appear larger. Taylor is naturally around 185lbs i believe so he works his balls off to meet that 168lb limit.

This might be wrong to judge' date=' but seeing that I am a boxing fan also, I realised at the fight between Jermain Taylor vs. Bernard Hopkins that both men were around the 153lbs mark, now they look taller and more muscular and heavier then Rey Mysterio but Rey is still known at 175lbs. I am only thinking this because I would of thought that Ricky Hatton is about the same size as Rey and he is a lower then 153lbs, so how does this work?[/quote']

BTW a horrible fight wasn't it

Edited by MrFill

90% of boxers don't train all year round. Hopkins is an exception actually he is well known to be a bit of a gym rat. Boxers usually start training 10-12 weeks before a fight. Midleweights are allowed to top the scales at 168lbs i think. They look bigger because they have such low levels of bodyfat theremuscles are more cut and defined and appear larger. Taylor is naturally around 185lbs i believe so he works his balls off to meet that 168lb limit.

BTW a horrible fight wasn't it

Yes a very horrible fight, but I also thought Hopkins had done enough to win, I didn't really think Jermain Taylor deserved to win the fight and looked like he gave him too much respect in the ring.

Oooh, they do actually list him as 7'.

http://www.wwe.com/superstars/raw/kane/profile/

Which is kind of funny considering they list Big Show at 7'.

http://www.wwe.com/superstars/raw/bigshow/profile/

Especially when you look at them side by side:

http://www.wwe.com/content/media/touts/medium/29062/1651040

Yes, Kane is clearly several inches shorter. :P